This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 225 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

13 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I will be supporting Hearts because if they win they absolutely deserve European football. 

I won't be supporting Hearts, I'd just rather they won.

In reality I'm ambivalent towards the result - Regardless of how it impacts on any potential European adventure for us.

As others have said, a season out maybe no bad thing for Stewart to experience under McInnes.

It's been dire, and quite simple too many would rather have their eyes poked with a sharp stick than visit AB24.

Big summer.

4 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Aberdeen manager wanting Celtic to do the business next weekend so they can get in Europe......... Special season indeed..... Begging Celtic to help them

We did them a favour last season to get into Europe a round later. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Be interesting to see where killie go from here now.

Will the team perform the same or will they drop back down without the boss. 

Only one way to go! 

But I do think there will be a lasting impact - the core of the team are signed up and coached to a fantastic (relative) level. Expect the board to appoint a good replacement who can leverage the good work done. 

Expect/hope for top six, but third is not a sustainable league position for killie. 

3 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Only one way to go! 

But I do think there will be a lasting impact - the core of the team are signed up and coached to a fantastic (relative) level. Expect the board to appoint a good replacement who can leverage the good work done. 

Expect/hope for top six, but third is not a sustainable league position for killie. 

The club is exceptionally well run in comparison with the previous regime. I'm confident with the right appointment success can be maintained. 

Thinking back (as I can) to the impact Alex Ferguson had as manager of St Mirren, the club benefited for about a decade after he left.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dunno if that's sarcasm or not! He's a great lad!

Ha, thanks. I was still drunk just now I think!

Not at all, just a bit of humour

When making a point you often reference to having some 'mates' at said club to endorse your own view (That's not a niggle btw, merely painting a picture - I might even be just me who sees it that way)

Anyway, when I seen the comment of GH going to Killie I immediately said to myself 'I feckin bet SH is mates with him too, and that Macy's gonna get both barrels if it's bollocks!'

I have no doubts that you are, it was just that it played out exactly as I had it in my head - Hence the laughter from me

If we ever find ourselves discussing him over a beer on a Scotland trip, remind me to tell you about how he dug me out of a hole with tickets at the abandoned Spain game in Valencia. He'd not long moved to Norwich too (Where I lived then and now, with 20 yrs back in Abz in between), we spent a good 10 mins on the phone discussing the finer points of the City, and how he was settling in.

I sent him a quick note (To Hampden) on our return to thank him for the tickets

Doubt he'll remember - You could always ask him - A fine lad indeed - Very well thought of in this part of the world too 👍

*You still have a feckin unhealthy hardon for all things AFC though 😜

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, Redz said:

Not at all, just a bit of humour

When making a point you often reference to having some 'mates' at said club to endorse your own view (That's not a niggle btw, merely painting a picture - I might even be just me who sees it that way)

Anyway, when I seen the comment of GH going to Killie I immediately said to myself 'I feckin bet SH is mates with him too, and that Macy's gonna get both barrels if it's bollocks!'

I have no doubts that you are, it was just that it played out exactly as I had it in my head - Hence the laughter from me

If we ever find ourselves discussing him over a beer on a Scotland trip, remind me to tell you about how he dug me out of a hole with tickets at the abandoned Spain game in Valencia. He'd not long moved to Norwich too (Where I lived then and now, with 20 yrs back in Abz in between), we spent a good 10 mins on the phone discussing the finer points of the City, and how he was settling in.

I sent him a quick note (To Hampden) on our return to thank him for the tickets

Doubt he'll remember - You could always ask him - A fine lad indeed - Very well thought of in this part of the world too 👍

*You still have a feckin unhealthy hardon for all things AFC though 😜

Ha, wish I'd seen this before this morning. Was golfing with him yesterday at Ballochmyle. His chipping made mine look like Phil Mickelson!

I'll say to him about Spain tickets.

Aye he loved it at Norwich, still got a lot of mates down there.

If he's got the Killie job it's certainly news to him! Zero contact between him and the club. Not to say it's impossible for him to get the job but as it stands it's a non story.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, wish I'd seen this before this morning. Was golfing with him yesterday at Ballochmyle. His chipping made mine look like Phil Mickelson!

I'll say to him about Spain tickets.

Aye he loved it at Norwich, still got a lot of mates down there.

If he's got the Killie job it's certainly news to him! Zero contact between him and the club. Not to say it's impossible for him to get the job but as it stands it's a non story.

That is at odds with what the Chairman of Livi has informed somebody I know well. Interesting.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Yes, you can’t legislate for people shitting it and backing out as they fear the step up is way to much for them can you? 

True.

As for Holt, he's 100% had zero contact from Killie (he actually stays about 200 yards away from RP! so he'd obviously be interested) but not to say there won't be contact.

Killie board not meeting until middle of next week anyway to discuss applicants.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:44 PM, Redz said:

I won't be supporting Hearts, I'd just rather they won.

In reality I'm ambivalent towards the result - Regardless of how it impacts on any potential European adventure for us.

As others have said, a season out maybe no bad thing for Stewart to experience under McInnes.

It's been dire, and quite simple too many would rather have their eyes poked with a sharp stick than visit AB24.

Big summer.

i see today as a win win for me, if hearts win it stops the ridiculous treble but if Celtic win there's the silver lining of Europe for the dons.  I will watch the match but I suspect it will be switched off after celtic score the inevitable early goal and stroll to victory. 

Hearts have been in honking form since the start of the year, it will take a miracle for them to beat Celtic. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

i see today as a win win for me, if hearts win it stops the ridiculous treble but if Celtic win there's the silver lining of Europe for the dons.  I will watch the match but I suspect it will be switched off after celtic score the inevitable early goal and stroll to victory. 

Hearts have been in honking form since the start of the year, it will take a miracle for them to beat Celtic. 

I'll be having a similar afternoon. I'll watch until  Celtic score, as after that it's game over. 

As long as there's an interest it maybe exciting however as you've said Hearts are honking so they may turn me off on their own. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 5:40 PM, dandydunn said:

Like Shay Logan got last season you mean?

After having a ball thrown at him twice, I seem to remember a mild timplosion when he applauded Celtic fans after that game. 

Different rules for brown though I suppose. 

just a quick search shows Logan getting mentioned on a Celtic Rangers discussion 

54 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

just a quick search shows Logan getting mentioned on a Celtic Rangers discussion 

Did you read the discussion? Mentioning Logan is completely valid in that particular discussion.