This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 221 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Jon Flanagan and Rangers win their appeal........................................no I am not fishing, this has actually happened

Absolutely disgusting. Why even bother anymore. Rangers do what they want. The SFA are an absolute joke. To be honest, I'm no surprised by the decision. Sad thing is, there will be folk that defend Fannygan and the decision. 

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Absolutely disgusting. Why even bother anymore. Rangers do what they want. The SFA are an absolute joke. To be honest, I'm no surprised by the decision. Sad thing is, there will be folk that defend Fannygan and the decision. 

What about the hardman Broony swaggering about the pitch week in week out, clattering in to players and getting away with it? 

I thought there was scope for a ref to look at a decision and say he is happy with it or not?

It seems like the SFA dive in and react to outside pressure pretty regularly these days, some clubs are just playing them like a fiddle, as they will dive in, then back track when their decision is questioned because they don’t have faith it will stand up.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought there was scope for a ref to look at a decision and say he is happy with it or not?

It seems like the SFA dive in and react to outside pressure pretty regularly these days, some clubs are just playing them like a fiddle, as they will dive in, then back track when their decision is questioned because they don’t have faith it will stand up.

That's what I didn't understand about this whole debacle. I thought, although wasn't sure, if the ref saw it and dealt with it then it couldn't be referred on again. 

So I was confused they even looked at it after the game. 

When they did I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that I had misunderstood the rules and it was allowed. 

Now the final decision appears to support my original opinion. 

It's about as clear as the Labour Brexit policy. 🤔

29 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's what I didn't understand about this whole debacle. I thought, although wasn't sure, if the ref saw it and dealt with it then it couldn't be referred on again. 

So I was confused they even looked at it after the game. 

When they did I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that I had misunderstood the rules and it was allowed. 

Now the final decision appears to support my original opinion. 

It's about as clear as the Labour Brexit policy. 🤔

I thought the ref got the opportunity to have a look and refer a mistake, but if he’s happy with his original decision no further action can be taken. (Which seems a flawed system where he critiques his own performance).

So it seems Rangers have successfully argued it’s only a yellow???

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That’s different. He’s broony 🙄

Actually no. I know Broony gets away with some questionable fouls, but that is not the discussion. It's the elbow, which a blind man could have seen. Its disgraceful the SFA chose to let it go. Not surprised though, sevco have been getting away with it for decades upon decades. 

36 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Actually no. I know Broony gets away with some questionable fouls, but that is not the discussion. It's the elbow, which a blind man could have seen. Its disgraceful the SFA chose to let it go. Not surprised though, sevco have been getting away with it for decades upon decades. 

It was exactly the discussion that I engaged in with grbear. 

I can’t see anyone denying it’s ridiculous, but he merely offered an alternative opinion that others also get away with murder. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I can’t see anyone denying it’s ridiculous, but he merely offered an alternative opinion that others also get away with murder. 

Fair enough. I'm just a wee bit one sided. At least I have finally admitted it. 🤣

Yeah mate I agree that Flanagan should probably have seen red for the incident.

But feck me the amount of times Broony has got away with similar. Maybe it's a bit of karma??

13 minutes ago, GRBear said:

But feck me the amount of times Broony has got away with similar. Maybe it's a bit of karma??

Whit????? Karma ma arse. How many penalties have Sevco been given this season? Most in the SPFL. 4 in one match? Morales grabbing nuts and stomping on players? Kent punching Brown in the face? Flanagan's elbow? Brown has earned his respect. He is an inspiration. Fuck me that was good. Well done Ramy. 🤣

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Don't even get me started on the "Lisbon Lions" song you lot were singing last week. Your support is a disgrace. 

I apologise to others for posting this sick song, but people in glass houses etc etc. 

8 hours ago, GRBear said:

Flanagan not being sent off and subsequently banned is karma for brown being let away with murder? 

Has the meaning of the word karma changed?

40 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I apologise to others for posting this sick song, but people in glass houses etc etc. 

But but but ra huns said this mate and what they said is pure worser than what we say pal

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

But but but ra huns said this mate and what they said is pure worser than what we say pal

Hopefully we can all agree that this and the Lisbon Lions song are utterly disgusting and I would just love all perpetrators to be publicly outed in front of their family, friends, work colleagues and anyone else that might cause them pain or difficulty in their life. 

It's about time folk had to face up to the consequences of their actions properly. 

If you're going to sing something in a crowd, acting the billy big baws then you should have the courage to support that in your everyday life. If you don't, then you're just another faceless shite bag. 

And apologies to you @vanderark14, as none of this is aimed at you, but I just remembered I'm replying to your post, so don't want any confusion. 👍

Glass houses. Grow up man. This song is disgusting and the folk singing it are sick. Think you have me all wrong DD, but hey, it's no skin off ma.nuts. 

30 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Glass houses. Grow up man. This song is disgusting and the folk singing it are sick. Think you have me all wrong DD, but hey, it's no skin off ma.nuts. 

I was talking about the fans in general, it wasn’t specifically aimed at you personally singing it, but in no way can anyone officially call out an element of rangers support when this goes on in their own one. 

They are all as bad as each other and that can be used to include any Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs fans and whoever else chants anything of this nature.