This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 220 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The songs are indefensible. Utterly disgusting but that is done by the fans. 

I know the club could do more to stop the sectarian singing but that also requires the fuckwits to behave and I don't see that happening ever. 

Signing little shite bags like Flanagan is completely in the clubs control. They can do better quite easily. Therefore they can be held 100% accountable. 

Not to condone the singing and not to say that the club shouldn't be doing anything about it but both the Parliament and football authorities have made it clear their not prepared to act. 

18 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Brutal stuff though. Expect the same on Friday. Unless there is a marked improvement the winner of this will struggle to go up. 

Completely agree. I thought Utd were the better side, and deserved the win. 

Hamilton and St Mirren won’t be watching that and shifting themselves though. 

Edited by kumnio

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Completely agree. I thought Utd were the better side, and deserved the win. 

Hamilton and St Mirren won’t be watching that and shifting themselves though. 

I seem to be the only Arab that thought the red was slightly harsh, Donaldsons lunge on Pawlett was far worse and should have been a straight red so fuck them. Robertsons tantrum after the game was decent, what a bitter wee wank.

Cant help thinking if Neilson was a bit more positive we could have buried the tie last night. As it stands, this is far from over. 🙈

30 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I seem to be the only Arab that thought the red was slightly harsh,

I think the united player made sure it looked a lot worse than it was.

I thought it was a stick on yellow, but slightly harsh red.

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Not to condone the singing and not to say that the club shouldn't be doing anything about it but both the Parliament and football authorities have made it clear their not prepared to act. 

This certainly doesn't help. The club could definitely do more but they have to be "incentivised" 

Without proper punishment nothing will change. 

And if all of the decent Rangers fans stopped going you would only get change for the worse. 

22 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This certainly doesn't help. The club could definitely do more but they have to be "incentivised" 

Without proper punishment nothing will change. 

And if all of the decent Rangers fans stopped going you would only get change for the worse. 

The scottish parliament are prepared to act, they just made an ass of the offensive behavior at football act. There is an appetite for change within parliament but aaid is right there is no appetite for it in scottish football. Until we see a change in attitude by the SFA/SPFL etc nothing will change, a starting point would to start believing there's more to the game that the old firm

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ticket sales for the 3 home stands looking superb for Rugby Park on Saturday.

Fingers crossed they carry out the proposed boycott of the away end.

Very good to hear. Hopefully you get the points so Clarke can sign off with European football for you.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The scottish parliament are prepared to act, they just made an ass of the offensive behavior at football act. There is an appetite for change within parliament but aaid is right there is no appetite for it in scottish football. Until we see a change in attitude by the SFA/SPFL etc nothing will change, a starting point would to start believing there's more to the game that the old firm

Sadly the other clubs have already passed up the chance to change stuff while Rangers were working their way back up the leagues. 

7 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I seem to be the only Arab that thought the red was slightly harsh, Donaldsons lunge on Pawlett was far worse and should have been a straight red so fuck them.

Both were straight red cards IMO. ICT arre certainly an industrial team.

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Jon Flanagan and Rangers win their appeal........................................no I am not fishing, this has actually happened

Are you on drugs today mate? How the Feck can that have happened? 

42 minutes ago, kumnio said:

You get the feeling that a Rangers player could get away with anything this season. 

The SFA really are an absolute shambles. 

and yet Rangers will play the victim in all of this. 

Scottish football continues to embarrass itself week in week out

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Jon Flanagan and Rangers win their appeal........................................no I am not fishing, this has actually happened

Even by recent SFA standards this is absolutely staggering and completely baffling.

How? Just fucking how?

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have absolutely no words. Speechless. 

Thankfully I can still type. What the Feck. 

There must have been some sort of admin cock up that he got off on. How else can this be explained? 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I have absolutely no words. Speechless. 

Thankfully I can still type. What the Feck. 

There must have been some sort of admin cock up that he got off on. How else can this be explained? 

:lol:

31 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Even by recent SFA standards this is absolutely staggering and completely baffling.

How? Just fucking how?

Because its the rules. Dont agree with it, but he should never have been charged in the first place:

Disciplinary Rule 200 : Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed...

The ref saw the offence and booked him. Its been the same rule for the past 8/9 seasons- known as the 're-referring rule'.

Again, to reiterate, I dont agree with it. He is a very lucky boy.

Edited by Stu101

34 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Because its the rules. Dont agree with it, but he should never have been charged in the first place:

Disciplinary Rule 200 : Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed...

The ref saw the offence and booked him. Its been the same rule for the past 8/9 seasons- known as the 're-referring rule'.

Again, to reiterate, I dont agree with it. He is a very lucky boy.

Yet Scott McKenna got banned for two games and this was upheld. The ref was looking right at it.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yet Scott McKenna got banned for two games and this was upheld. The ref was looking right at it.

Dont think McKenna was booked at the time, was he?

We got lucky that Flanagan was booked, so the ref couldnt argue that he didnt see it. 

31 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Dont think McKenna was booked at the time, was he?

We got lucky that Flanagan was booked, so the ref couldnt argue that he didnt see it. 

He didn't get booked but the ref was looking straight at it.