This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 219 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Looks like a big home support for next weekend at RP.

Mate just been down buying tickets and had to queue for 30 mins. Queue after the game on Saturday was ridiculous too.

Hopefully the clubs decision to limit away support pays off.

I've heard we're doing a guard of honour to celebrate Killie's 150 years.  Well deserved if true....:wink2:

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It looks a clear red card. Much worse than the one Morelos was slated for at parkhead too.

Another example of Rangers lack of discipline, which could (should) have cost them.

No penalty though, as the ball wasn't in play.

The fact the referee sees it and deems it a yellow is pretty poor, RenfrewBlues explanation of his view of the incident seems a credible explanation.

Or he bottled it....

I wonder if 8000 Celtic fans behind that goal reacting to it might have swung that decision?

I'm giving the ref the benefit of the doubt plus the angle he is at is quite deceptive especially if he wasn't staring right at it. 

Well done to St Mirren tonight. Excellent result and now its all about who holds their nerve next Saturday. 

Had hoped to get to the game but had parenting duties to carry out. Bloody weans. 

Young Kyle McAllister was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Remember him as a wee boy of about 7 or 8 when he played for the same boys club as my son. He was always the best player then too. 😁

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Well done to St Mirren tonight. Excellent result and now its all about who holds their nerve next Saturday. 

Had hoped to get to the game but had parenting duties to carry out. Bloody weans. 

Young Kyle McAllister was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Remember him as a wee boy of about 7 or 8 when he played for the same boys club as my son. He was always the best player then too. 😁

Thought Stephen McGinn played his best game of the season tonight. Back to his very best.

But yes McAllister was excellent. As was the other Kyle. 

32 minutes ago, Marky said:

Thought Stephen McGinn played his best game of the season tonight. Back to his very best.

But yes McAllister was excellent. As was the other Kyle. 

I'm slightly biased. 😁

Just glad Saints got the win and now its going to be a cracking set of games next Saturday. 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

I would have gladly lost the game if the ref had sent the wee dirt bag off, if it guaranteed we would get rid of him. 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

He's a cunt. I won't be back at Ibrox and Rangers will continue to receive absolutely nothing from me while he remains at the club. 

Not having a pop at you, we all have our limits, but I do find it strange that this is the line for you.

Its like you’re saying you’re cool with all the other stuff that goes on, but giving Flanagan a second chance crosses a line.

Doesn't seem to have been much made of fan behaviour at the game. Seemed to be a decent sized “pitch” invasion after the 2nd goal and some clearly audible offensive chants after that.

I’m not offended by things folk shout or sing at the football, but by any standards the Lisbon lions chant is pretty sick. I’m sure it’s sung in private in pubs on buses etc. but to get a full airing at a home match is surely crossing a line somewhere...

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Not having a pop at you, we all have our limits, but I do find it strange that this is the line for you.

Its like you’re saying you’re cool with all the other stuff that goes on, but giving Flanagan a second chance crosses a line.

Doesn't seem to have been much made of fan behaviour at the game. Seemed to be a decent sized “pitch” invasion after the 2nd goal and some clearly audible offensive chants after that.

I’m not offended by things folk shout or sing at the football, but by any standards the Lisbon lions chant is pretty sick. I’m sure it’s sung in private in pubs on buses etc. but to get a full airing at a home match is surely crossing a line somewhere...

The songs are indefensible. Utterly disgusting but that is done by the fans. 

I know the club could do more to stop the sectarian singing but that also requires the fuckwits to behave and I don't see that happening ever. 

Signing little shite bags like Flanagan is completely in the clubs control. They can do better quite easily. Therefore they can be held 100% accountable. 

18 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The songs are indefensible. Utterly disgusting but that is done by the fans. 

I know the club could do more to stop the sectarian singing but that also requires the fuckwits to behave and I don't see that happening ever. 

Signing little shite bags like Flanagan is completely in the clubs control. They can do better quite easily. Therefore they can be held 100% accountable. 

I disagree with that, if the club took a stronger position they could get this stamped out but the real reason they won't is because the hatred brings the dough

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree with that, if the club took a stronger position they could get this stamped out but the real reason they won't is because the hatred brings the dough

Well seemingly there is a 10,000 + waiting list for Season tickets, kick out the bigots and replace with decent Rangers fans,, there are many.. if the club wanted to do it then they could....  

On 5/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, sbcmfc said:

It’s about their view of where they are, versus where they actually are.

I understand that the ludicrous names that will be linked with Rangers over the next 2 months will be coming from the red tops, but the fans will lap it up as many will believe that’s the level they are at.

Being linked with a defender from Oldham... They found their level

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Lets be honest, Rangers are a cunt of a club. The (majority) of fans are bigoted cunts, the people in charge are moronic cunts, they just cant help themselves.

Bang on the money. The absolute dregs.