This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 218 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Fair play Rangers. Took us apart today.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

But next season with a better manager don’t be expecting anything too much now will you? πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Ha ha.Β  Good man.Β  It is a game of football mate.Β  Nothing more and nothing less.

Just now, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. Congratulations to you and your team. Enjoy your day.

Cheers mate.Β  And I mean that.Β  Unfortunately driving early tomorrow.Β  Celtic have been the best team over the season.Β  But Celtic will recruit.Β  But a manager is their priority.

35 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Well Rangers definitely deserved winners today. Should be more than 2-0 and may well yet be.

Can we now stop this nonsense about Lennon getting the job full time once and for all?

I might’ve been tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt with the league already won and a far more important game coming up in a couple of weeks, but there has been way more below par performances since he returned and before the title was finally wrapped upΒ than decent ones.

We won’t be winning nine and far less ten if he is appointed permanently and IΒ think that’s Β pretty clear to most supporters.

I like him, but he’s just not a good enough manager to take us forward next season.

I think from a non Celtic point of view I'd be delighted if Lennon got the job full time as I think he has his limitations.Β  I guess today may actually work out for Celtic because it may remove any lingering doubts that they should get in a better manager. Stevie Clarke, if he doesn't get the Scotland job?

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good.Β  Take it you are raging that Rangers are winning and dominating kid? Boasting for years about being the second best team in Scotland for last few years.Β  Second is not good enough for Rangers.Β  At half time read the Guinness Book of Records.Β  Rangers are there.Β  Greatest team in the world seemingly!!!

Why would I be raging that a team I give zero fucks about are beating another team that I give zero fucks about?Β 

On the plus side, Palace are beating Bournemouth 2-0, that must be putting a dampener on your day.Β 

6 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Good. We should be aiming higher

Β 

6 hours ago, Mox said:

I like Clarke and he's done a great job at Killie, has them playing proper football but I'd tend to agree.

Have you seen Clarke’s CV?

I hope the lack of activity on the National tram vacancy is because they have him lined up to take over.

Utter arrogance of old firm fans!

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Β 

I hope the lack of activity on the National tram vacancy is because they have him lined up to take over.

If we’re going with a β€œScot” he’s the only candidate imo

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Β 

Arrogance? We've just had Brendan Rodgers. Clarke is a clear step down from him, therefore we should be aiming higher.

That isn't arrogance, it's a fact.

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Why would I be raging that a team I give zero fucks about are beating another team that I give zero fucks about?Β 

On the plus side, Palace are beating Bournemouth 2-0, that must be putting a dampener on your day.Β 

I dont get the palace one dd? Surely  a rangers fan would like to see anything that has palace in its name..... ☺

Watched the highlights of the game last night and overall a thoroughly deserved win for Rangers at Ibrox again.Β 

I thought the ref did well, was consistently lenient throughout and only really made the one mistake.Β 

Flanagan should have been sent off. The only thing I can think is that Brown's body has obscured the refs view and he has thought it was a push rather than an elbow. After Brown goes down Flanagans arm is almost straight, so I can see how he made that mistake.Β 

I would have gladly lost the game if the ref had sent the wee dirt bag off, if it guaranteed we would get rid of him.Β 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Watched the highlights of the game last night and overall a thoroughly deserved win for Rangers at Ibrox again.Β 

I thought the ref did well, was consistently lenient throughout and only really made the one mistake.Β 

Flanagan should have been sent off. The only thing I can think is that Brown's body has obscured the refs view and he has thought it was a push rather than an elbow. After Brown goes down Flanagans arm is almost straight, so I can see how he made that mistake.Β 

I would have gladly lost the game if the ref had sent the wee dirt bag off, if it guaranteed we would get rid of him.Β 

We won't get rid of him and i think he'll likely be first choice next season.Β  Hard as fuck full back who's not scared of a tackle!Β  The tackle on Rogic was a good old school tackle.Β Β 

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Β 

Celtic fans in this case, if you don't mind!

25 minutes ago, Debian said:

We won't get rid of him and i think he'll likely be first choice next season.Β  Hard as fuck full back who's not scared of a tackle!Β  The tackle on Rogic was a good old school tackle.Β Β 

He's a cunt. I won't be back at Ibrox and Rangers will continue to receive absolutely nothing from me while he remains at the club.Β 

Battering women doesn't make you hard and I've seen absolutely nothing on the pitch which leads me to believe he's either properly hard or even good enough for the jersey.Β 

42 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic fans in this case, if you don't mind!

They don’t like being called the old firm.

Having secured free transfers from Motherwell, Dundee and Kilmarnock is Daniel Sturridge back on Rangers summer shopping list?

:lol:

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They don’t like being called the old firm.

Having secured free transfers from Motherwell, Dundee and Kilmarnock is Daniel Sturridge back on Rangers summer shopping list?

:lol:

What's that got to do with Celtic fans opinion on Clarke not being good enough?Β 

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

What's that got to do with Celtic fans opinion on Clarke not being good enough?Β 

It’s about their view of where they are, versus where they actually are.

I understand that the ludicrous names that will be linked with Rangers over the next 2 months will be coming from the red tops, but the fans will lap it up as many will believe that’s the level they are at.

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

A sending off and penalty might have given us a chance but it was worth losing if it means Lennon won't be in charge next season.

We've reacted pretty well to the other 2 defeats against you so hopefully it will give the board the kick up the arse needed to do things right this summer.

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

A sending off and penalty might have given us a chance but it was worth losing if it means Lennon won't be in charge next season.

We've reacted pretty well to the other 2 defeats against you so hopefully it will give the board the kick up the arse needed to do things right this summer.

It looks aΒ clear red card. Much worse than the one Morelos wasΒ slatedΒ for at parkhead too.

Another example of Rangers lack of discipline, which could (should) have cost them.

No penalty though, as the ball wasn't in play.

The fact the referee sees it and deems it a yellow is pretty poor, RenfrewBlues explanation of his view of the incident seems a credible explanation.

Or he bottled it....

I wonder if 8000 Celtic fans behind that goal reacting to it might have swung that decision?

Edited by sbcmfc