This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 217 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Arfield had to be booked of course.

But what a RIDICULOUS rule that really is. How does anyone expect him to react to scoring the killer goal?

Leaving the pitch rule??

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Pick it out.  We were certainties today. Best side in the country by a mile.  I hope Lennon gets the job.  Not in the same league as Gerrard but I think the Celtic board know that.  Glenlivet is coming out the cupboard.  Simply the Best.

Enjoy yer night we'll see who's  still top this time next season 😁

Edited by jcs

2 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

If he’d run to the Celtic fans then fair enough. But being booked for celebrating like that is ridiculous.

It's a stupid rule, let people show their passion.for the game and supporters 

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Always take the positives. Lennon won’t be manager next season. Burke won’t be here. Huns will believe the league is theirs. 

Decent day to be honest.

Wait, did rangers not win the league? After the 2nd goal I thought they did 😜😉

Well Rangers definitely deserved winners today. Should be more than 2-0 and may well yet be.

Can we now stop this nonsense about Lennon getting the job full time once and for all?

I might’ve been tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt with the league already won and a far more important game coming up in a couple of weeks, but there has been way more below par performances since he returned and before the title was finally wrapped up than decent ones.

We won’t be winning nine and far less ten if he is appointed permanently and I think that’s  pretty clear to most supporters.

I like him, but he’s just not a good enough manager to take us forward next season.

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Yes, did they not? They won it in August 2018, also won the Europa League too did they not?

Stevie G will be a hero again tonight. 

Celtic have barely threatened which will encourage hearts.

Lennon wont get the job now. 

3 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Well Rangers definitely deserved winners today. Should be more than 2-0 and may well yet be.

Can we now stop this nonsense about Lennon getting the job full time once and for all?

I might’ve been tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt with the league already won and a far more important game coming up in a couple of weeks, but there has been way more below par performances since he returned and before the title was finally wrapped up than decent ones.

We won’t be winning nine and far less ten if he is appointed permanently and I think that’s  pretty clear to most supporters.

I like him, but he’s just not a good enough manager to take us forward next season.

I like Lennon to Davey.  The man has guts.  If I was a Cellic man though he is now reminding me of McLeish.  Kind of lost his spark.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I like Lennon to Davey.  The man has guts.  If I was a Cellic man though he is now reminding me of McLeish.  Kind of lost his spark.

You’ve nailed it there. Coming back permanently will be a bad move for all concerned.

Thanks for getting us over the line. Thanks for the champions league last 16. Thanks for the previous titles and hopefully thanks for completing the treble treble.

But it’s best you preserve your status at Celtic Park and wave goodbye next Saturday at Hampden.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

A formality.  Good old Glasgow Rangers.  Can't wait for the congratulations to come from the victims of everything!!  Natural order is now being restored 👍

Hope they gave you a guard of honour leaving the pitch 🤫🤫🤫

Just now, EddardStark said:

Bossed that game from start to finish. Pleased with the attitude of the team.

Instead of the papers writing up a match report, your two sentences is all that requires to be said.

And the exact opposite can be said of us today. The only thing worse than the performance was the attitude of most of the players.