This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 212 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Your own manager was calling a conspiracy for years against rangers after ONE game of the season. 

Maybe your own mob should get the house in order before criticising others. 

I said all managers in my post. This includes Gerrard. Are you seriously suggesting I can't comment on McInnes because Gerrard talks shite too? 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Gerrard starterd it right at the start of the season at Pittodrie, did you condemn him then?

Honestly I can't remember if I did. I'll tell you now though, he was talking shite. 

He also has no excuse for it. 

If he just took Jabba or Jimmy Bell's word for it he deserves the criticism for being stupid. If he actually thinks it then he needs a tin foil hat. 

8 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Lewis had to run out to catch the ball, he collided with Defoe just as he caught it. If Lewis had slowed down to avoid a collision, he wouldn’t have caught the ball. He didn’t catch the ball, then take a sidestep towards Defoe in order to make sure he hit him. 

We’ve been in the end of some bewildering and extraordinary refereeing decisions this season. I thought Mcinnes had called Katic out for cheating. I didn’t hear him call the ref out but I’m not surprised if he did - there’s no way those two pens are given save for two teams. It’s time ref’s were called out for such weakness. 

He caught the ball and had a yard or two to change course, or even make an attempt to. He didnt. Its fairly obvious. 

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm sure both statements could be said about most teams.

You only see what you want to see. 

Unconscious bias is always at work even when you try to be objective and very few folk on here try very much. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I said all managers in my post. This includes Gerrard. Are you seriously suggesting I can't comment on McInnes because Gerrard talks shite too? 

CdwrXAqWIAEw8wy.jpg

Edited by Emoji

1 minute ago, Emoji said:

CdwrXAqWIAEw8wy.jpg

bellend

/ˈbɛlɛnd/

Learn to pronounce

nounVULGAR SLANG•BRITISH

the glans of the penis.

an annoying or contemptible man.

"he is a total bellend and should step down as soon as possible"

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

bellend

/ˈbɛlɛnd/

Learn to pronounce

nounVULGAR SLANG•BRITISH

the glans of the penis.

an annoying or contemptible man.

"he is a total bellend and should step down as soon as possible"

😂🤣

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cosgrove somehow staying on the park last week for starters.

That was far from bewildering or extraordinary. His booking was very harsh. Granted he could have had one after that. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He caught the ball and had a yard or two to change course, or even make an attempt to. He didnt. Its fairly obvious. 

It’s not obvious and he didn’t have time to change course.  I didn’t think Defoe’s fist to Lewis’s face was intentional either. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

It’s not obvious and he didn’t have time to change course.  I didn’t think Defoe’s fist to Lewis’s face was intentional either. 

We can agree to disagree On Lewis.

I agree Defoe wasn't aiming for Lewis face but he did throw the arm intentionally. 

On 4/29/2019 at 9:01 PM, dan cake said:

Obviously thinks Lennon is still in charge. Bungalow owning cardigan wearing bank managers from Corstorphine with an inferiority complex but bigots? Na

unlike practically every other club, Hearts are actively trying to force these bigots out of tynecastle; without any whataboutery. Of course it's harder with away fixtures but they know they are not wanted and, hopefully, this is just the death throes of our mini hun brigade

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

That was far from bewildering or extraordinary. His booking was very harsh. Granted he could have had one after that. 

Along with the 3 or 4 yellow cards he should have had for fouls. He had two horrendous dives. And went into full blown play acting mode after handbags with Findlay.

All of that is representative of how Aberdeen approach games generally though. Nothing particularly extraordinary.

3 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Along with the 3 or 4 yellow cards he should have had for fouls. He had two horrendous dives. And went into full blown play acting mode after handbags with Findlay.

All of that is representative of how Aberdeen approach games generally though. Nothing particularly extraordinary.

Again with the comedy. Let me know if you’re on stage any time soon as I’d definitely buy tickets. 😂👏

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, XB52 said:

unlike practically every other club, Hearts are actively trying to force these bigots out of tynecastle; without any whataboutery. Of course it's harder with away fixtures but they know they are not wanted and, hopefully, this is just the death throes of our mini hun brigade

They seem to be expanding in number, rather than decreasing in number.

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sadly true but the club are doing everything they can to kick them out; even though it is costing us thousands

On 5/1/2019 at 12:36 PM, XB52 said:

Budge and Dempster seem to have no problems in calling out their own supporters which is refreshing

On 5/1/2019 at 12:36 PM, XB52 said:

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Both true. There are still a relatively small number of arseholes actively pursuing the bigotry bullshit, but it has undoubtedly got worse over the past couple of years.  On away trips there presence has been particularly noticeable, a few dozen stand out more in amongst a thousand than they do in a ground with 18,000 in it. Most away supports tend towards a concentration of the worst in their support. At the same time the club has worked to stamp it out and has unreservedly condemned it. I hope the club sticks at it, as the majority of fans would be happy to see the back of these fuckwits. Not all, but certainly the majority.

Edited by Pool Q

55 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Budge and Dempster seem to have no problems in calling out their own supporters which is refreshing

Spot on. It’s almost as if there’s a fortune to be made in Glasgow from that shite. Who’d have imagined that? 

13 hours ago, The Ormond said:

Spot on. It’s almost as if there’s a fortune to be made in Glasgow from that shite. Who’d have imagined that? 

Exactly. Hearts stand against the bigots has cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds. Meanwhile these two clubs actively encourage them and take in the millions