This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 210 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2021...tell your friend to get tae fuck 👍

The boy is an extra-special talent, the awareness he shows on the park is a joy to behold...hes actually the type of player that you could just sit and watch, while ignoring everything else on the park. With hard work, he can do whatever he wants in the game. 

I'd be surprised and annoyed if he isn't called up for the next Scotland match, scoring the amount of goals he has since his 1st game on the 20th October is a phenomenal return from a 19 year old central midfielder.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

When is his contract up? Asking for a friend. 😉

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

2021...tell your friend to get tae fuck 👍

The boy is an extra-special talent, the awareness he shows on the park is a joy to behold...hes actually the type of player that you could just sit and watch, while ignoring everything else on the park. With hard work, he can do whatever he wants in the game. 

I'd be surprised and annoyed if he isn't called up for the next Scotland match, scoring the amount of goals he has since his 1st game on the 20th October is a phenomenal return from a 19 year old central midfielder.

We got him tied down earlier in the season.

Seems to have his head screwed on, probably helps that he’s a Motherwell fan too.

Not like some young players who have 5 good games and cash in for a big contract to sit on the bench at a basket case club...

😛

Didn't watch the game and only seen very brief highlights.  Defoe should at least have been booked for the challenge on the keeper.  Didn't see the first penalty but the second one was very soft and should never have been a yellow either.  Sounds like the better team won though from what I've heard.

15 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you're saying the SFA and Spfl are corrupt in favour of Celtic then. 

Thanks for clearing that up. 

After watching yesterday’s game I would say it’s nae just Celtic, Defoe throws his arm out & forearms Lewis, he then goes down like he’s the victim firstly to avoid a card but also in the hope he gets a penalty, outcome no card. Then we get Katics dive for the first penalty then makes a complete arse of himself to get a second penalty. Utter cheats & the ref was all to ready to assist them. That said Aberdeen deserved nothing from the game, admittedly a weakened team but Mcinnes negative tactics are pissing a lot of dons fans off.

I’ve not seen the Defoe incident.

1st penalty is soft. He does stand on Katic’s toe, but he makes a real meal of it.

2nd penalty is a joke of a decision.

Worst decision of the weekend was the non penalty at fir park, Turnbull cuts a ball back about 2 feet from the bye line, hits the Dundee players outstretched arm and goes out. Ref gives a penalty, linesman from 40 yards away awards a bye kick to Dundee.... 🤷‍♂️ 

During the minutes applause at Easter Road yesterday, the director did the usual panning of the crowd shots, and I was surprised by the amount of union flags in the away end. At least the cunts didnt throw anything at the players this time.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve not seen the Defoe incident.

1st penalty is soft. He does stand on Katic’s toe, but he makes a real meal of it.

2nd penalty is a joke of a decision.

Worst decision of the weekend was the non penalty at fir park, Turnbull cuts a ball back about 2 feet from the bye line, hits the Dundee players outstretched arm and goes out. Ref gives a penalty, linesman from 40 yards away awards a bye kick to Dundee.... 🤷‍♂️ 

Id agree with most of this. The initial Defoe thing with the keeper is nonsense. Lewis was doing a McGregor and was going to run right into Defoe when he could have avoided him. Defoe stuck his arm into Lewis as his retaliatory tactic. 

The ref should either have booked both or given them both a severe finger wagging. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Id agree with most of this. The initial Defoe thing with the keeper is nonsense. Lewis was doing a McGregor and was going to run right into Defoe when he could have avoided him. Defoe stuck his arm into Lewis as his retaliatory tactic. 

The ref should either have booked both or given them both a severe finger wagging. 

Aye, I’ve seen it now, not a lot in it.

Was just a short clip, so unclear if either made much of it.

40 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

People getting uptight at Flags? Dear god .

I know. I don't know why some people have an issue with me reinforcing my own political views at an unconnected sports gathering by waving my unionist/UVF/swastika flag. It's just a flag people. Dear God. 

Edited by Return of Yermaw

Just heard Derek McInnes interview. He has a career on stage as a stand up after he stops Football management. 

What a bellend. His team had lost before the start of the game thanks to his tactics but to deflect the blame away he'll just point at the ref. 

Hopefully a friendly visit to the SFA disciplinary committee will be forthcoming. 

All managers need to stop this blame shite and just accept when their team is second best. Just act like grown ups for a wee change. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn’t think that there was much in it to be honest but to suggest that Lewis is anything like that unhinged wife-beating rodent McGregor is laughably way off the mark. No way Lewis tried to catch Defoe, he was trying to catch the ball - which he did as they collided. Defoe put his hand out as a natural reaction to the collision but accidentally caught Lewis in the face.

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Just heard Derek McInnes interview. He has a career on stage as a stand up after he stops Football management. 

What a bellend. His team had lost before the start of the game thanks to his tactics but to deflect the blame away he'll just point at the ref. 

Hopefully a friendly visit to the SFA disciplinary committee will be forthcoming. 

All managers need to stop this blame shite and just accept when their team is second best. Just act like grown ups for a wee change. 

Again, that’s way off the mark. Both those penalty decisions were absolutely ridiculous and should be challenged.

To say Mcinnes had lost the game before we started is also ridiculous. He did all that he could with the players at his disposal. Admittedly it isn’t pretty. However, it has been previously effective as the best away record in the league would suggest. 

Weve got seven first team players out along with a number of the remaining carrying injuries/not match fit. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I didn’t think that there was much in it to be honest but to suggest that Lewis is anything like that unhinged wife-beating rodent McGregor is laughably way off the mark. No way Lewis tried to catch Defoe, he was trying to catch the ball - which he did as they collided. Defoe put his hand out as a natural reaction to the collision but accidentally caught Lewis in the face.

I disagree. Lewis saw Defoe coming and decided to leavea bit on him, maybe because he thought Defoe was going to do that to him. 

I also think Defoe was trying to give Lewis a whack, although probably not in the face rather than being defensive. 

Maybe I'm seeing aggression where there is none but that's what it looked like to me. 

57 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Again, that’s way off the mark. Both those penalty decisions were absolutely ridiculous and should be challenged.

To say Mcinnes had lost the game before we started is also ridiculous. He did all that he could with the players at his disposal. Admittedly it isn’t pretty. However, it has been previously effective as the best away record in the league would suggest. 

Weve got seven first team players out along with a number of the remaining carrying injuries/not match fit. 

The first penalty decision was correct. He stood on Katic foot and although Katic made a meal of it, it was a foul. 

The second one you have to ask why the flailing arm. It wasn't a stonewall and it wasn't deliberate but it certainly wasn't ridiculous. 

At no point during the game did Aberdeen vary their tactics nor did they pose any threat whatsoever. It wasn't just the lack of first team players that had you playing so badly. 

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The first penalty decision was correct. He stood on Katic foot and although Katic made a meal of it, it was a foul. 

The second one you have to ask why the flailing arm. It wasn't a stonewall and it wasn't deliberate but it certainly wasn't ridiculous. 

At no point during the game did Aberdeen vary their tactics nor did they pose any threat whatsoever. It wasn't just the lack of first team players that had you playing so badly. 

First was an out and out dive, there was never enough contact to go down like he’d been struck by lightening let along a foul.

The second was the same. Not enough contact for that reaction. Another ridiculous decision brought about by more cheating.

The team was changed several times throughout the game. We had players in different positions, substitutions and different formations.  The performance was everything to do with injuries and missing players.  

That all said, it’s been a sh1t season for Aberdeen and Mcinnes has a massive rebuilding job in the summer following some very poor transfers in the last year. I’d still rather he was our manager than not.  I will revisit this opinion in September.