This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 209 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed

I can see how the first was given when Ferguson stood on his foot, both players were pulling at shirts, so it was let go, but still very harsh. 

Time to shut the doors of Scottish football and all go home. 

That time came and went years ago 

Only heard the game so no idea about the penalties. 

Aberdeen only managed 1 shot on target which a deflected effort. 

The result should have been more comprehensive but we've missed chances and Joe Lewis being excellent. 

What were McInnes tactics? It just looks like he has no faith in his team. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Only heard the game so no idea about the penalties. 

Aberdeen only managed 1 shot on target which a deflected effort. 

The result should have been more comprehensive but we've missed chances and Joe Lewis being excellent. 

What were McInnes tactics? It just looks like he has no faith in his team. 

He has no team. Lots of injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Mitre said:

First was a penalty

Second wasn't

Rangers had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside

Boo hoo hoo

I thought both were penalties. The only debatable decision in my opinion was the second yellow. However any Aberdeen wrapping up todays result as an illustration of Scottish Football being corrupt are utterly deluded. That was a game where we totally dominated Aberdeen from start to finish. 

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I thought both were penalties. The only debatable decision in my opinion was the second yellow. However any Aberdeen wrapping up todays result as an illustration of Scottish Football being corrupt are utterly deluded. That was a game where we totally dominated Aberdeen from start to finish. 

Away and have a word with yourself, the 2nd penalty was never a penalty, even the dumb as a box of rocks rangers manager said so.

27 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Since when did domination mean no corruption, in politics one goes hand in hand with the other so maybe the same in sport😜

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Since when did domination mean no corruption, in politics one goes hand in hand with the other so maybe the same in sport😜

So you're saying the SFA and Spfl are corrupt in favour of Celtic then. 

Thanks for clearing that up. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Do Aberdeen not have a squad then? 

Serious question, how much  of a drop off is there outside the first 15 or so players? 

To be fair, Rangers have a massive squad and the drop off isn’t far behind that.

Stuart Mccall had a great run at Motherwell with a quality over quantity attitude. I’d suggest most sides outwith Rangers, Celtic and maybe Hearts have a first team squad of about 16, then kids.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, Rangers have a massive squad and the drop off isn’t far behind that.

Stuart Mccall had a great run at Motherwell with a quality over quantity attitude. I’d suggest most sides outwith Rangers, Celtic and maybe Hearts have a first team squad of about 16, then kids.

I wasn't having a go, I was genuinely wondering. I recognised the names of all of the Aberdeen players so didn't think their team was that far off the first 11.

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I wasn't having a go, I was genuinely wondering. I recognised the names of all of the Aberdeen players so didn't think their team was that far off the first 11.

Aye, didn’t think you were.

Looking at the bench can be a good indicator. Aberdeen had 4 players I recognise on the bench, but Cerny is a keeper, and Campbell a teenager...

Wallace is the only anomaly on the rangers bench...

Had to work yesterday, so didn’t get to fir park for what looks to have been a cracker.

Turnbull really is exciting. He’s different from Faddy or lambert, Phil O’donnell maybe the nearest comparison I can remember, maybe Gary McAllister for older Motherwell fans?

To put it in to perspective, he’s scored nearly as many goals from midfield as Tavernier has scored from the penalty spot.

😛

Kidding aside, this boy’s special, heard various people say he’s the best they’ve seen coming through the age levels.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, didn’t think you were.

Looking at the bench can be a good indicator. Aberdeen had 4 players I recognise on the bench, but Cerny is a keeper, and Campbell a teenager...

Wallace is the only anomaly on the rangers bench...

I missed the first 5 minutes or so, so didn't hear the benches but you're probably right. 

I was just surprised how poor Aberdeen were. Toothless up front and pretty much just defending, especially in the first half. 

Neither penalty should have been given, Tavernier was onside so goal should have stood. Defoe could have seen red.

Aberdeen deserved nothing from the game. They were missing Logan, Shinnie, GMS and Mcginn but were still very poor.

4 hours ago, The Ormond said:

Can you win it infront of those horrible bastards? I’d Kevin Keegan love that. Horrible Hun Cu...... Oooops, Bluenose mods don’t allow that. 

Yes we play them a week on Sunday but would need us to lose to Aberdeen and them to beat Hibs 

Pittodrie would mean winning it in front of more of our fans though but watching them lose the plot at our players celebrating with that small corner at Ibrox would be nice too.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Had to work yesterday, so didn’t get to fir park for what looks to have been a cracker.

Turnbull really is exciting. He’s different from Faddy or lambert, Phil O’donnell maybe the nearest comparison I can remember, maybe Gary McAllister for older Motherwell fans?

To put it in to perspective, he’s scored nearly as many goals from midfield as Tavernier has scored from the penalty spot.

😛

Kidding aside, this boy’s special, heard various people say he’s the best they’ve seen coming through the age levels.

When is his contract up? Asking for a friend. 😉