This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 206 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Broadfoot - agree although it could have been a yellow if the ref was in a lenient mood. 

Findlay - how do you know what he was booked for? Cosgrove (?) was the instigator. 

McKenzie - try watching Sportscene. The replay is quite obvious. There's something going on and after a reaction he kicks out. It's a 50/50 offence. I'm not excusing McKenzie, just pointing out that he wasn't the only guilty party. 

Broadfoot - Possibly, although had that been studs up / over the ball (Which it was) foot to leg anywhere else on the park, it's mostly red 

Findlay - I don't, and neither do you :lol: which was kinda my point :wave:

McKenzie - It was the BBC / Sportscene highlights. There's nothing obvious to me - He may just have jumped about a bit to make it appear there was?

I can understand why your own view on these is skewed though - The rule book has been (unofficially) reworded for your mob this season :P

Like I said, watching Karma do it's stuff is wonderful at times......

As others have said, none of the decisions against Killie were too bad in isolation. A glaring lack of consistency though.

Boyd got booked for not much, then committed a similar foul (but worse) to the one cosgrove got booked for.

Findlay did raise his hands for the first booking, perhaps a word in both their ears would’ve been enough. Second one was from behind and a bit of a lunge, he knew himself he was off.

As I said above, Cosgroves booking was a joke, but he could’ve been booked another 3 times after that....

2 hours ago, Redz said:

Broadfoot - Possibly, although had that been studs up / over the ball (Which it was) foot to leg anywhere else on the park, it's mostly red 

Findlay - I don't, and neither do you :lol: which was kinda my point :wave:

McKenzie - It was the BBC / Sportscene highlights. There's nothing obvious to me - He may just have jumped about a bit to make it appear there was?

I can understand why your own view on these is skewed though - The rule book has been (unofficially) reworded for your mob this season :P

Like I said, watching Karma do it's stuff is wonderful at times......

I forgot. I can't possibly be impartial, I'm a Rangers supporter. How silly of me.

Of course you'll be far more impartial what with it being your team involved. 

I haven't said that the red cards weren't warranted despite you continuing to imply that's my point. It's not. I think the ref was very inconsistent. 

And if you can't see the Aberdeen player grabbing McKenzies leg then can I recommend Specsavers. 

Admittedly that must have been the assistant's decision as the ref turned his back and ran off before the handbags started. 

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I forgot. I can't possibly be impartial, I'm a Rangers supporter. How silly of me. CORRECT :ok:

Of course you'll be far more impartial what with it being your team involved. CORRECT :ok:

I haven't said that the red cards weren't warranted despite you continuing to imply that's my point. It's not. I think the ref was very inconsistent.  SETTLE PETTLE :wave:

And if you can't see the Aberdeen player grabbing McKenzies leg then can I recommend Specsavers. I'LL PERHAPS JUST CLEAN THE ONES I HAVE :P

Admittedly that must have been the assistant's decision as the ref turned his back and ran off before the handbags started. I SUSPECT SO TOO

Replies above ya grumpy (Hun) kunt........:lol::lol::lol:

On 4/21/2019 at 4:00 PM, vanderark14 said:

My heart fucking bleeds, Celtic on the verge of a treble treble and your still moaning. Every other club in Scotland would be ecstatic to pick up just one trophy. 

I wasn't looking for sympathy and I understand where you're coming from with regards to moaning and nearly at another treble, there's teams in much worse positions than us, I am not that ignorant. We are still rubbish though and it's a pain in the arse to watch. 

14 hours ago, Mox said:

I wasn't looking for sympathy and I understand where you're coming from with regards to moaning and nearly at another treble, there's teams in much worse positions than us, I am not that ignorant. We are still rubbish though and it's a pain in the arse to watch. 

I wish I had the luxury of saying it's a pain in the arse watching my team win trophy after trophy every year.

I'm sure I also read somewhere Celtic are actually further ahead of 2nd compared to last season.

What exactly does any Celtic fan have to complain about regarding football at this point? Is the football not pretty enough for you?

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:32 AM, PASTA Mick said:

Hayes is dreadful. One of the worst players I've seen in a Celtic shirt. Sinclair was better in the time he replaced him and he did next to nothing. What Lennon sees in Hayes will always be a mystery to me. 

I've not much against Hayes or Lennon selecting him. He's a hard worker and helps out defensively, which is a bonus when Izaguirre is on the park. He also sticks in a fair few smashing crosses; I'm not going to hold it against him that we don't play in such a way that they get converted to goals.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I still expect Kilmarnock to take 3rd

Aberdeen will likely lose to Rangers & Celtic, then take 2 or 3 points from Hearts at home / Hibs away at best = 2/3 points

Killie will likely lose to Celtic, take a point from Hearts and beat both Hibs / Rangers @ RP in their final two games = 7points

Over the piece they will have deserved that if so.....

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Aberdeen will likely lose to Rangers & Celtic, then take 2 or 3 points from Hearts at home / Hibs away at best = 2/3 points

Killie will likely lose to Celtic, take a point from Hearts and beat both Hibs / Rangers @ RP in their final two games = 7points

Forgetting the Rangers games, both Killie and Aberdeen will have to go some to beat Hibs. 

Higginbotham seems to have them playing really well and they're unbeaten under him in the league. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Forgetting the Rangers games, both Killie and Aberdeen will have to go some to beat Hibs. 

Higginbotham seems to have them playing really well and they're unbeaten under him in the league. 

Agreed

That said, we have them away, Killie will have them at home in the penultimate game 

Killie are the likelier to win either of those I should think

IF it goes to the final game for 3rd, I suspect Killie will beat Rangers too

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Recent h2h form doesn’t back that up, Rangers only beaten Aberdeen in 1 of last 7 meetings.

Very true

I'll rephrase it then......We are likely to lose to Rangers this time around with the fit players we have at our disposal

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Recent h2h form doesn’t back that up, Rangers only beaten Aberdeen in 1 of last 7 meetings.

We have a few injuries including Shinnie who  is a big loss. 

Rangers will win this one. 

20 minutes ago, Redz said:

Very true

I'll rephrase it then......We are likely to lose to Rangers this time around with the fit players we have at our disposal

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We have a few injuries including Shinnie who  is a big loss. 

Rangers will win this one. 

Ah, fair enough. :ok:

3 hours ago, Redz said:

Agreed

That said, we have them away, Killie will have them at home in the penultimate game 

Killie are the likelier to win either of those I should think

IF it goes to the final game for 3rd, I suspect Killie will beat Rangers too

I think the Killie Rangers result will depend on how the OF game went. 

If we win then Killie will likely beat us. If we lose the we'll be under more pressure to win. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think the Killie Rangers result will depend on how the OF game went. 

If we win then Killie will likely beat us. If we lose the we'll be under more pressure to win. 

Possibly

Although my thoughts are that the league will be done and dusted by then, Rangers will be on their holidays, and if 3rd place is still up for grabs Killie will win it

2 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

How Aberdeen fans on here can argue that Ball's wasn't even worthy of a card in the Celtic game yet can say Broadfoot was a red 😂😂😂

To be fair, that argument was probably more in relation to the fact Boyata got away with the penalty and card for the same thing in the final. 

Oops, forgot to add -

😂😂😂

Edited by Farcity

23 hours ago, Redz said:

Dons 3rd,  Hibs 4th, Killie 5th

5 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

How Aberdeen fans on here can argue that Ball's wasn't even worthy of a card in the Celtic game yet can say Broadfoot was a red 😂😂😂

Same as you lot with Boyatas GMS KO👆