This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 205 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Shinnie was pulled up for three fouls in which he clearly and fairly won the ball. McLean didn’t speak to Shinnie before he got booked - Shinnie was screaming at the ref on each occasion for being dreadful and wrongly penalising him.

You won’t have seen that from listening to the radio though. 

3 fouls (in the eyes of the ref) and 3 incidents of dissent before he even got spoken to? 

You’re not really making a strong case for him.

No wonder he got booked.

😛

Be worth watching sportscene tonight.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

3 fouls (in the eyes of the ref) and 3 incidents of dissent before he even got spoken to? 

You’re not really making a strong case for him.

No wonder he got booked.

😛

Be worth watching sportscene tonight.

He’s the captain, he’s allowed to speak to the ref. 😂

49 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not “scream at him” though.

:lol:

I think we all know that every player constantly screams at refs, before and after they’ve been booked. To pretend that doesn’t happen (fwiw I think should instantly result in another booking) is just plain silly. 

36 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

A fair chance Celtic will now be looking to win the title at Pittodrie. First bit of good news for Killie this weekend...

They’ll be looking to win it next weekend. They win and we take anything off rangers, it’ll be all over. 

Unless they want to win it at Ibrox 🙈🙈

21 minutes ago, Mox said:

I have built up genuine disdain for this Celtic team, we are fucking torture.

My heart fucking bleeds, Celtic on the verge of a treble treble and your still moaning. Every other club in Scotland would be ecstatic to pick up just one trophy. 

58 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

They’ll be looking to win it next weekend. They win and we take anything off rangers, it’ll be all over. 

Unless they want to win it at Ibrox 🙈🙈

They can’t officially win it next weekend even if we lose. We could still pip them on goal difference!!

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They can’t officially win it next weekend even if we lose. We could still pip them on goal difference!!

If they win, they’ll go 12 clear with 3 to go. If rangers win, it’ll go back to 9. If they don’t, it’s all over. 

Just from the Sky Sports one minute highlights

• Broadfoot, stupid tackle, I would only have given a booking, but can see why a red was given.
  • Findlay, only seen the second yellow card, which was correct.
  • McKenzie, kicked/flicked out at the defender on the ground, I agree with the sending off.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Just from the Sky Sports one minute highlights

• Broadfoot, stupid tackle, I would only have given a booking, but can see why a red was given.
  • Findlay, only seen the second yellow card, which was correct.
  • McKenzie, kicked/flicked out at the defender on the ground, I agree with the sending off.

I agree with most of what you've said but I think it needs qualified. 

Findlay's first yellow was fine too but why wasn't the Aberdeen player booked at the same time? He gave as good as he got and fell over like a big blouse from a wee push. 

Again McKenzie was daft but Ball was on the ground and looked to either nip or grab his leg. Either book or send off the pair of them. 

The decisions in themselves aren't too bad however not following through with the other half of the decision leaves the ref open to the criticisms he's received. 

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree with most of what you've said but I think it needs qualified. 

Findlay's first yellow was fine too but why wasn't the Aberdeen player booked at the same time? He gave as good as he got and fell over like a big blouse from a wee push. 

Again McKenzie was daft but Ball was on the ground and looked to either nip or grab his leg. Either book or send off the pair of them. 

The decisions in themselves aren't too bad however not following through with the other half of the decision leaves the ref open to the criticisms he's received. 

Having watched the BBC clips:

Broadfoot - Over the ball and late - Correct decision

Findlay - 1st booking was for the push, not the handbags prior - 2nd booking he takes Shinnie out - Correct decision

McKenzie - I can't see (and you can't either) if Ball has done anything to him prior - McK does kick out though - Correct decision

The game was done by the 2nd and 3rd sending offs anyway - That said, the 3rd will be rescinded on the basis that it's okay to take a kick at people when the ball is gone.....won't it?

As an aside, it would appear that only AFC are told to suck it up when things don't go their way - Just a pity Karma has taken so long to bite another 'Diddy' this season

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Having watched the BBC clips:

Broadfoot - Over the ball and late - Correct decision

Findlay - 1st booking was for the push, not the handbags prior - 2nd booking he takes Shinnie out - Correct decision

McKenzie - I can't see (and you can't either) if Ball has done anything to him prior - McK does kick out though - Correct decision

The game was done by the 2nd and 3rd sending offs anyway - That said, the 3rd will be rescinded on the basis that it's okay to take a kick at people when the ball is gone.....won't it?

As an aside, it would appear that only AFC are told to suck it up when things don't go their way - Just a pity Karma has taken so long to bite another 'Diddy' this season

Broadfoot - agree although it could have been a yellow if the ref was in a lenient mood. 

Findlay - how do you know what he was booked for? Cosgrove (?) was the instigator. 

McKenzie - try watching Sportscene. The replay is quite obvious. There's something going on and after a reaction he kicks out. It's a 50/50 offence. I'm not excusing McKenzie, just pointing out that he wasn't the only guilty party. 

Yesterday was disappointing for Celtic. Lennon simply isn't picking the best XI available as he seems to be picking our players ahead of the loan players. We has 5 players on the bench that should all have started.

Hayes is dreadful. One of the worst players I've seen in a Celtic shirt. Sinclair was better in the time he replaced him and he did next to nothing. What Lennon sees in Hayes will always be a mystery to me. 

I've got to say that I thought Hibs were good. What a difference a good manager makes to a team.

From a Scotland POV, McNulty isn't very good and shouldn't be near the Scotland squad. 

Just seen the clip of Scott Brown diving to try and get a penalty. Embarrassing beyond belief. 😂😂

Should have been booked for the dive and booked for kicking the Hibs player with a third for being so blatantly shite at it. 😉

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Just to be clear, you think that if Ball grabbed McKenzie's leg, he deserved to be sent off just because McKenzie then kicked out at him? "Grabbing a leg" is never in a million years a red card.

By the letter of the law all three were reds - as others have said, Findlay's first booking was for shoving Cosgrove in the chest after they'd stopped grappling. The ref was looking straight at it. His second one was as easy a booking as you'll see. Broadfoot was late and over the ball so he had to go too.

None of that means the ref had a great game but looking at each sending off in isolation, I don't think his supervisor can criticise him for the cards.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Very competent display against what can only be described as a terrible Hearts side. We are probably playing some of our best football under Gerrard. Morelos will probably be on the bench on his return.

I would like to see Morelos in place of Candias

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Does Candias not have something like 5 assists in the last 2 games? Don’t think I’d be so quick to drop him. 

He has a few but I don't think it is 5. He hasn't been playing great overall and looking quite tired imo so I think he will struggle to keep that up.