This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 201 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Are we really trying to argue that Scott Brown is not a ned?

:lol:

You obviously have all the inside knowledge that proves he is. So, let’s hear it.

I don’t know him myself but as he come from just up the road from me I do know folk who do know him. I’ve not heard anything dodgy about him off the park and considering who he is, stories about him would fly about if there was any. He’s done plenty at local schools and football clubs. 

He’s certainly no Riordan or O’Connor. I’ve a feeling you are one of those people who can’t seperate how someone is on a football pitch with how they are in everyday life. 

Where do you even start with this pish?

But now, in a bizarre claim on PLZ Soccer , former Ibrox star Smith believes Rangers could boycott travelling to Rugby Park altogether - an extreme move that would likely land them in hot water with the authorities. 
Smith said: "I can understand, to a degree, why they (Kilmarnock) have done, but I can also understand why Rangers would be annoyed.
"What they're saying is 'we sell all these tickets for you this season, you get big crowds, we bring in a fair bit of money for you and now all of a sudden you're halving our allocation? We'll see if we take any future allocations in the stand'.

"Rangers might even say 'we won't come and play at Rugby Park anymore'. And that would be a big loss financially for Kilmarnock and that would be Rangers paying them back for what they're doing to them.

3 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

But now, in a bizarre claim on PLZ Soccer , former Ibrox star Smith believes Rangers could boycott travelling to Rugby Park altogether - an extreme move that would likely land them in hot water with the authorities. 
Smith said: "I can understand, to a degree, why they (Kilmarnock) have done, but I can also understand why Rangers would be annoyed.
"What they're saying is 'we sell all these tickets for you this season, you get big crowds, we bring in a fair bit of money for you and now all of a sudden you're halving our allocation? We'll see if we take any future allocations in the stand'.

"Rangers might even say 'we won't come and play at Rugby Park anymore'. And that would be a big loss financially for Kilmarnock and that would be Rangers paying them back for what they're doing to them.

You'd never guess that doss cunt used to play for Killie and that his grandfather is the only person ever to win two Scottish Cup's with Killie.

Hate him.

6 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

To think that walloper used to be in charge of the SFA!

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

"Sliced to just 4,000".  The away support at Killie that day will probably still be bigger than the gates of 3 of the 5 other games that weekend.  I don't really see any issue here at all.

27 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Brilliant. They can't stand Celtic hammering them at Ibrox and the fans partying afterwards so cut the allocation by about 90%.

Teams cut their allocation in half and they talk about not turning up for fixtures.

:lol: so self aware :lol:

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You'd never guess that doss cunt used to play for Killie and that his grandfather is the only person ever to win two Scottish Cup's with Killie.

Hate him.

Seen him at Cowcaddens station the other night funnily enough

Wish I had given him sectarian abuse now

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

"Sliced to just 4,000".  The away support at Killie that day will probably still be bigger than the gates of 3 of the 5 other games that weekend.  I don't really see any issue here at all.

I said the same to my mate earlier, as he was saying they plan to do it to Celtic next year. 4k is more than we get at every other ground except Livingston I think

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Clarke to Fulham seems a done deal for the summer.

Don't think you'll find one single Killie fan that's begrudge him that.

Given the nature of the clubs down there it wouldn't surprise me if he's back at Killie before the seasons out.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Brilliant. They can't stand Celtic hammering them at Ibrox and the fans partying afterwards so cut the allocation by about 90%.

Teams cut their allocation in half and they talk about not turning up for fixtures.

:lol: so self aware :lol:

58 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I said the same to my mate earlier, as he was saying they plan to do it to Celtic next year. 4k is more than we get at every other ground except Livingston I think

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly what I've been telling folk.

37 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There's no issue unless you're looking to be offended and also a rather immense hypocrite. 

The fact rangers are complaining about “only” getting 4000 of an 18000 capacity stadium when they refuse to give teams 1000 of a 50,000 capacity stadium.

You couldn’t make it up.

They actually have half a point, but the make it so badly with such a lack of self awareness and sense of entitlement that they are just making fools of themselves again.

Rangers fans must cringe everytime they see a statement coming out the club. Everyone else loves it.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers fans must cringe everytime they see a statement coming out the club. Everyone else loves it.

Maybe the minority of level headed ones but I guarantee there will be a 5 page thread on ff with multiple posts of: 

"Great statement"

"Boom. Headshot"

"Well done Rangers- starve them of the blue pound"

"We keep these tarrier loving diddy clubs alive and they'd go bust without Rangers"

12 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Maybe the minority of level headed ones but I guarantee there will be a 5 page thread on ff with multiple posts of: 

"Great statement"

"Boom. Headshot"

"Well done Rangers- starve them of the blue pound"

"We keep these tarrier loving diddy clubs alive and they'd go bust without Rangers"

Searching "blue pound" on Twitter is a great way to kill half a day. 

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The fact rangers are complaining about “only” getting 4000 of an 18000 capacity stadium when they refuse to give teams 1000 of a 50,000 capacity stadium.

You couldn’t make it up.

They actually have half a point, but the make it so badly with such a lack of self awareness and sense of entitlement that they are just making fools of themselves again.

I actually wasn't aware the club had released a statement although I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  I have no desire to look it up.

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I think on this occasion it was just a quote from a rangers spokesperson to the paper

Yes, sorry, you’re right. Not a full blown Traynor crayon effort (yet).

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to cut Killies allocation to 450 next season. They’ve shown themselves on several occasions to be that petty.