This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 200 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

6 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Out of interest, what have either Lustig or Brown down off the park to suggest they behave like neds? The only time I see Griffiths or Brown mentioned off the field these days is for charity related stuff, and I don't think I've ever seen Lustig in the paper off the park in his whole 7 years here.

Related image

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ah, I see it now. 

Peadophiles and mentioning then in song = disgusting and point scoring

Mention sexual relations with animals = banter

For the record, I’m not really offended by it, but it just goes to show the hypocrisy in your posting.

Show me where am i disgusted and then we will talk until then 

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye but that’ll never happen.

Years ago Celtic had players with class & dignity like Dalgleish, Burns & McNeil to name a few, compare them to the present ones like brown, lustig & griffiths who totally lack those qualities & behave like neds on & off the park. Then again look back & see how Stein behaved & compare that to  lennons touchline antics. The manager is the public face of a club & should project the image the club want in public, that said obviously a match made in paradise with a horrible shitebag as manager.

😂😂😂😂 the hurt is still strong in this one 

43 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That was the only thing I could think of. Wasn't that under Lennon though? Going back a fair bit. Hardly crime of the century mind.

Actually it might have been under Deila. Point still stands.

It was in relation to the point somebody made that you wouldn't see past captains like Burns, McStay, McNeill etc act like that. (I know he's only pished)

38 minutes ago, Debian said:

I think it's frustrating though that down the line if things don't stay as positive for you that you'll likely give the stand back again.  

This is true but IMO the club needs to have the balls to try and see if it works. No better time to try and attract fans back to these games, than under Clarke.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It was in relation to the point somebody made that you wouldn't see past captains like Burns, McStay, McNeill etc act like that. (I know he's only pished)

There's every chance, however unlikely it may seem, you might have seen previous players like that if access to cameras and social media was around back then. I mean, I'd hate to see how often Jinky would be plastered all over Twitter if that was a thing back then:lol:

Edited by Tartan_McCole

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

There's every chance, however unlikely it may seem, you might have seen previous players like that if access to cameras and social media was around back then. I mean, I'd hate to see how often Jinky would be plastered all over Twitter if that was a thing back then:lol:

Ha, good point.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I remember seeing a picture of Bertie Auld jumping around in the hospitality lounge at Celtic, quite obviously steaming and quite obviously had pished his breeks. Long since retired mind you so maybe the norm. 

7 hours ago, TAMB2 said:

This is, when all is said and done, a Scotland fans' board.

This isn't acceptable.

And it's not even wine o'clock.

I thought he was being a bit ambiguous over his thoughts. Sitting on the fence a wee bit. 

5 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

We will beg to differ, you look at all the bad press they receive but don't ever look at the good work they do for people and charities 

How do you know what I look at, most players do lots for good causes not just Celtic ones, my point was how little class most of the present Celtic squad has when they win or lose in comparison to some of the true legends from Celtics past. 

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

How do you know what I look at, most players do lots for good causes not just Celtic ones, my point was how little class most of the present Celtic squad has when they win or lose in comparison to some of the true legends from Celtics past. 

Clearly stated neds on and off the park..... You have no idea what said players do off the park