This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 194 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why was a 14 year old carrying a lighter and where was his parent/carer? 

Also at what age are kids allowed into the football unaccompanied, in case I'm out of touch with the current arrangements? 

Personally I wouldn't let my boys go to a game unaccompanied until they're about 18.

I went to parkhead as an away fan with my mate when we were 14.

:shocked:

With hindsight, I’m not sure how my parents agreed to that?

:lol:

You’ll find a lot of the younger ones in the end section at fir park have come with an adult they’ll just not sit together, the adult will sit nearer the halfway line. That’s what we did.

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I went to parkhead as an away fan with my mate when we were 14.

:shocked:

With hindsight, I’m not sure how my parents agreed to that?

:lol:

You’ll find a lot of the younger ones in the end section at fir park have come with an adult they’ll just not sit together, the adult will sit nearer the halfway line. That’s what we did.

Cheers. 

I get that it's probably far safer for kids at grounds outside of the OF but when either Rangers or Celtic are the visitors it's probably not the best idea to let the kids have free rein. 

Especially the 14 year old arsehole in this case. To actually do something like that at that age takes a particular type of stupid. 

40 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Especially the 14 year old arsehole in this case. To actually do something like that at that age takes a particular type of stupid. 

Although the consequences are probably far worse for the 22 year old hibs fan. He’ll probably lose his job, if not for being in jail, from vigilantes contacting his place of work.

School kid “banned” from fir park. He’ll be at accies a week on Saturday puffing his chest at the accies kids, getting high fives off his mates if he’s not grounded. :lol:

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Also at what age are kids allowed into the football unaccompanied, in case I'm out of touch with the current arrangements? 

Personally I wouldn't let my boys go to a game unaccompanied until they're about 18.

As for Rangers and Celtic dealing with the bigots, it's just not going to happen. Rangers had the perfect chance back in League 2 and decided to take the cash instead. 

It's time for the Government to make the police deal with it properly. And make the clubs fund the manpower. 

18???

You can’t be serious, I was about 13-14 and imagine my son will be the same. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

18???

You can’t be serious, I was about 13-14 and imagine my son will be the same. 

The only games he's been to without me, he was with friends and their parents. 

I just wouldn't feel safe, especially in Ibrox or even Love Street. Have you seen the Saints fans in a bad mood? 😉

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The only games he's been to without me, he was with friends and their parents. 

I just wouldn't feel safe, especially in Ibrox or even Love Street. Have you seen the Saints fans in a bad mood? 😉

Cheeky fucker, I resemble that remark. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As for Rangers and Celtic dealing with the bigots, it's just not going to happen. Rangers had the perfect chance back in League 2 and decided to take the cash instead. 

It's time for the Government to make the police deal with it properly. And make the clubs fund the manpower. 

18 😂😂😂 

Deary me. 

18 seems old RB.

At 15 I was bunking off school to get to to Celtic matches (bus left Preston around 12 for evening matches). I was going on PNE matches with friends from high school age. 

I think I was 19 when I flew to Seville on my own with no accommodation or ticket. I didn't have much money either :lol:

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'd imagine the boy must be an underage smoker...hardly the crime of the century, but then neither is throwing a lighter at someone. Do you want him reprimanded for that as well? What would you like his punishment to be for that?

Why was he there without his dad? By fuck, you're a presumptuous fucker...

...maybe he stays in a childrens home...maybe his dad was there but he chose to sit with his mates...maybe because he supports his local team, its easy for him to walk to the game on his own...maybe his dad is a hun, but his boy has more sense (even foregoing this incident, I'd still suggest that because he hasn't decided to be a gloryhunting, bigoted fanny, that he does have a modicum of sense in his napper). 

For what its worth, I've two sons that go to the games with me, as we are all season ticket holders, but on occasion I've not been able to make it along, I've allowed them to go to home games on their own, while the oldest has been to a few away games unaccompanied, to places like St Mirren and Killie that I deem to be safe...certainly, he won't be attending Ibrox on his own, or with me, as I wouldn't set foot in the place, unless it was a highly important match, such as the play-off from a few years back...as, in general, we are treated to a lot more than the odd lighter flung at us there.

My boy is 14, (and knows the boy that has caused this mountainous molehill) and I have a degree of trust in him, as well as allowing him the freedom to make some wee mistakes on the way. The fact that you feel your boys will need their hand held going to fitba matches when their 17, potentially earning money and having left school, does make me chuckle.

Also, its good to see that you can admit that Rangers and Celtic will never do a single thing about their fans behaviour...yet, you and the likes of you, are/were desperate to see a 14 year old boy who made a mistake, be thrown to the wolves. 

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Cheeky fucker, I resemble that remark. 

Sorry Jim. I couldn't resist the opportunity. 

Fingers crossed the form keeps going as with a wee bit of luck you'll escape the play off spot. 

48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

18 😂😂😂 

Deary me. 

It's all about opinions Parky. Plus it gives me another 5 years of an excuse to go. 

By then the wife will probably be asking me to go even without the kids. 😂

35 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

18 seems old RB.

At 15 I was bunking off school to get to to Celtic matches (bus left Preston around 12 for evening matches). I was going on PNE matches with friends from high school age. 

I think I was 19 when I flew to Seville on my own with no accommodation or ticket. I didn't have much money either :lol:

I went to Ibrox and Hampden with my friends from about 15 too. Didn't bunk off though as I was too much of a fearty! 

Also only went when I had enough cash which wasn't that often. 

Certainly didn't have the money for a trip abroad you posh bastard. 💰😉

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's all about opinions Parky. Plus it gives me another 5 years of an excuse to go. 

By then the wife will probably be asking me to go even without the kids. 😂

I was going with lassies and to the pub at 16, yet you're not letting your boy go to the football with his mates until 18?

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I was going to away games with my mates when I was 13/14. It's pretty common, at Killie anyway. You don't get ID'd at the turnstile.

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're at it.

They can get married, live themselves, have a full time job, vote, travel abroad on holiday themselves, join the army etc at 16 but you wouldn't let them go to a game of football?!

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I'd imagine the boy must be an underage smoker...hardly the crime of the century, but then neither is throwing a lighter at someone. Do you want him reprimanded for that as well? What would you like his punishment to be for that?

Why was he there without his dad? By fuck, you're a presumptuous fucker...

...maybe he stays in a childrens home...maybe his dad was there but he chose to sit with his mates...maybe because he supports his local team, its easy for him to walk to the game on his own...maybe his dad is a hun, but his boy has more sense (even foregoing this incident, I'd still suggest that because he hasn't decided to be a gloryhunting, bigoted fanny, that he does have a modicum of sense in his napper). 

For what its worth, I've two sons that go to the games with me, as we are all season ticket holders, but on occasion I've not been able to make it along, I've allowed them to go to home games on their own, while the oldest has been to a few away games unaccompanied, to places like St Mirren and Killie that I deem to be safe...certainly, he won't be attending Ibrox on his own, or with me, as I wouldn't set foot in the place, unless it was a highly important match, such as the play-off from a few years back...as, in general, we are treated to a lot more than the odd lighter flung at us there.

My boy is 14, (and knows the boy that has caused this mountainous molehill) and I have a degree of trust in him, as well as allowing him the freedom to make some wee mistakes on the way. The fact that you feel your boys will need their hand held going to fitba matches when their 17, potentially earning money and having left school, does make me chuckle.

Also, its good to see that you can admit that Rangers and Celtic will never do a single thing about their fans behaviour...yet, you and the likes of you, are/were desperate to see a 14 year old boy who made a mistake, be thrown to the wolves. 

Maybe you should reread my post. 

I didn't say his Dad, I said parent/carer, stop making up quotes to fit your own rant. 

I didn't say anything about punishing him. I was wondering why a 14 year old had the means and opportunity to do such a stupid thing. 

Again stop making up quotes to fit your own agenda. 

Suggesting that the boy has any sense based on the team he follows is utterly ludicrous. 

I'm glad my choice makes you chuckle. It's not my boys I'd be worried about. It's morons like the 14 year old and other fuckwits that throw missiles at the football. 

And the "you and likes of you" comment is pathetic. You are assuming opinions based on the team I support. Grow up for fuck sake and actually read my posts and stop assuming I'm every rangers supporter. I represent me. Not a football team and not its support. 

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I was going with lassies and to the pub at 16, yet you're not letting your boy go to the football with his mates until 18?

Yes. When were you 16?

I know you're not as old as me but the world is a different place from even 15 years ago. 

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was going to away games with my mates when I was 13/14. It's pretty common, at Killie anyway. You don't get ID'd at the turnstile.

You're at it.

They can get married, live themselves, have a full time job, vote, travel abroad on holiday themselves, join the army etc at 16 but you wouldn't let them go to a game of football?!

I said about 18.

Because every kid is different.

My oldest was able to go at 16 but he's a big lad and Street wise, as well as eminently sensible. Takes after his Mum's side of the family. 

My middle boy is 17 and totally different. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him going on his own at the moment. 

My youngest is 13 and quite frankly I wouldn't trust the little bugger as far as I could throw him. He'd likely be standing with the fuckwit throwing stuff. 

15 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Hopefully you allow the laddies to go out courting by the time they are 30

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Maybe you should reread my post. 

I didn't say his Dad, I said parent/carer, stop making up quotes to fit your own rant. 

I didn't say anything about punishing him. I was wondering why a 14 year old had the means and opportunity to do such a stupid thing. 

Again stop making up quotes to fit your own agenda. 

Suggesting that the boy has any sense based on the team he follows is utterly ludicrous. 

I'm glad my choice makes you chuckle. It's not my boys I'd be worried about. It's morons like the 14 year old and other fuckwits that throw missiles at the football. 

And the "you and likes of you" comment is pathetic. You are assuming opinions based on the team I support. Grow up for fuck sake and actually read my posts and stop assuming I'm every rangers supporter. I represent me. Not a football team and not its support. 

I've read your posts...you're a fanny.

Dad/Parent/carer...nae difference the points all still stand. How would a 14 year old not have the means to buy a lighter? Paper round, pocket money, lunch money used incorrectly...fuck sake, do you not give your angels any money of their own?

I'd say its fairly sensible for a Motherwell boy not to follow the bigotry that abounds the Old Firm, but maybe thats just me.

Do you have some sort of batfink style cape, that currently stops any missiles from hitting your weans, or do they grow one when they hit 18?

The 'you and the likes of you' comment, fits the cap I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Pretty much the same,13 year old and member of the junior supporters club went with my mates and rarely missed an away game.

Went with schoolmates ( no adults ) to Oldham, Sheffield, Bolton and Bristol in the old Anglo Scottish Cup days. 

26 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I said about 18.

Because every kid is different.

My oldest was able to go at 16 but he's a big lad and Street wise, as well as eminently sensible. Takes after his Mum's side of the family. 

My middle boy is 17 and totally different. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him going on his own at the moment. 

My youngest is 13 and quite frankly I wouldn't trust the little bugger as far as I could throw him. He'd likely be standing with the fuckwit throwing stuff. 

About 18? I listed a pile of things they are legally able to do at the age of 16 yet you wouldn't let him go and watch football for 90 mins!

Not saying I'd be doing this as I'm not a bully but if I was still at school and there was a lad in 5th/6th year that wasn't allowed to go to the football with his mates on a Saturday afternoon then they'd be getting the pish ripped out them.

Just now, Jersey Jim said:

Pretty much the same,13 year old and member of the junior supporters club went with my mates and rarely missed an away game.

Went with schoolmates ( no adults ) to Oldham, Sheffield, Bolton and Bristol in the old Anglo Scottish Cup days. 

Same as me, my first away game without my dad was Aberdeen away as a 13 year old in the 90s.

Great times!

31 minutes ago, Mitre said:

Hopefully you allow the laddies to go out courting by the time they are 30

Too late to stop 2 of them and the other one is likely to have about 5 lassies pregnant by the times he's 16 if I don't keep an eye on the wee bugger. He'd charm the birds out of the trees. 😂

Definitely does not take after me. 🤔