This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 193 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How does saying Hun scum make somebody a bigot?

As Huns don't like being called Huns now that they are shite?

Saying hun scum doesn't make you a bigot. It makes you a childish knob. 

Saying that only hun scum would attend the Armed forces day at Ibrox is different. It shows bigotry. 

The dictionary definition of bigot is "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions". So you tell me if I'm wrong. 

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not sure what triggers it but 95% of the time RB is a decent guy but every now and then he start flinging the term bigot at 3 or 4 random posters. 

See my response to Squirrelhumper. Being a bigot is not just about religion. 

Being intolerant of others just because they hold a different opinion is bigotry. That obviously doesn't include folk who spout stuff that breaks the law. But not all Rangers fans are the same. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't think it's glorifying anything. Its meant as a thank you to the Armed forces. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive fan of the full blown razzmatazz of it but I have friends who served and I know that they appreciate the gesture generally. 

If you can't detach the government reasons from the legitimate need to have armed forces then I can understand your point. 

I just see it differently. 

Image result for jurgen klopp laughing

:rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

See my response to Squirrelhumper. Being a bigot is not just about religion. 

Being intolerant of others just because they hold a different opinion is bigotry. That obviously doesn't include folk who spout stuff that breaks the law. But not all Rangers fans are the same. 

Nobody said all rangers fans are the same and nobody said being a bigot is about religion, I'm not sure why you mentioned that. 

I'm intolerant of thousands of hun cunts and their weekly sectarian pish they spout, if that makes me a bigot then sign me up to the bigot club. 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, Parklife said:

That's utterly pathetic tbh.

I'm ready for abuse with this but I think 100 days in prison is harsh for this. I watched the video of what happened between that fan and tavernier today for the first time. He kicks the ball away from tavernier and then tavernier confronts him aggressively. Now the huns will scream that tavernier was attacked and the hibs fans will no doubt say he was kicking the ball away and tavernier was the aggressor. It's hard to tell exactly what the intentions of the hibs fan was. None of us are mind readers.

Before the children on the board start crying about this post, I'm in no way saying he should be let off or that he wasnt trying to attack anyone but this punishment to me seems extremely harsh unless the guy in question admitted that his I intention was to attack tavernier. 

He shouldn't have been on the park, theres no debating that. Players have to feel safe enough to play football but 100 days in the clink, death threats and potentially career over for going on to a football park is harsh IMO. 

Throwing an object like a bottle, flare or coconut at a player is far more dangerous IMO.

I guess this cunt has just been made an example of to deter a lunatic who does have the intention of hurting a player but id argue if a fan wants to do that they will do it anyway because most idiots who do things like that dont think about consequences anyway.

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm ready for abuse with this but I think 100 days in prison is harsh for this. I watched the video of what happened between that fan and tavernier today for the first time. He kicks the ball away from tavernier and then tavernier confronts him aggressively. Now the huns will scream that tavernier was attacked and the hibs fans will no doubt say he was kicking the ball away and tavernier was the aggressor. It's hard to tell exactly what the intentions of the hibs fan was. None of us are mind readers.

Before the children on the board start crying about this post, I'm in no way saying he should be let off or that he wasnt trying to attack anyone but this punishment to me seems extremely harsh unless the guy in question admitted that his I intention was to attack tavernier. 

He shouldn't have been on the park, theres no debating that. Players have to feel safe enough to play football but 100 days in the clink, death threats and potentially career over for going on to a football park is harsh IMO. 

Throwing an object like a bottle, flare or coconut at a player is far more dangerous IMO.

I guess this cunt has just been made an example of to deter a lunatic who does have the intention of hurting a player but id argue if a fan wants to do that they will do it anyway because most idiots who do things like that dont think about consequences anyway.

I agree with you.

I will say Tavernier has every right to react aggressively to being confronted on the park though.

The guys initial intentions appeared to be fairly harmless, but Tavernier isn’t to know that and it escalates when Tavernier confronts him before he’s dragged away.

100 days still harsh, the guy has chosen the wrong time and place to act like a dick. 

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I agree with you.

I will say Tavernier has every right to react aggressively to being confronted on the park though.

The guys initial intentions appeared to be fairly harmless, but Tavernier isn’t to know that and it escalates when Tavernier confronts him before he’s dragged away.

100 days still harsh, the guy has chosen the wrong time and place to act like a dick. 

Completely agree with you.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Completely agree with you.

That makes 3 of us. I think an example was being set, which is probably a good idea but this guy is possibly not the right target. 

Pretty sure they could have found more "deserving" cases.. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Nobody said all rangers fans are the same and nobody said being a bigot is about religion, I'm not sure why you mentioned that. 

I'm intolerant of thousands of hun cunts and their weekly sectarian pish they spout, if that makes me a bigot then sign me up to the bigot club. 

The sectarian pish is against the law. Those twats can't complain. 

Maybe it's not as obvious to you but quite a number of posters on here constantly talk about Rangers fans as a collective, as if we were one bloody hive mind. 

I've lost count of the Hun scum and hun cunt comments basically aimed at all fans instead of just the appropriate ones. 

I couldn't care less what faceless names on a forum think of me, however when they start to generalise like that then I think I'm allowed to call them out on it. 

And I think you know that several posters in the past have said all hun cunts are the same. Not you but there's a couple of folk that have. 

So Motherwell have now banned the 14 year old child who threw a lighter at Rangers Captain Marvel...problem dealt with.

Now, when will we see Rangers and Celtic really deal with the morons in their support, who continually sing bigoted songs, and proclaim their love for terrorist organisations?

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Don't know how much he will serve but its actually 2 days more sentence than the 14 weeks the boy from Birmingham got for actually scudding Grealish.

And it will never get taken off his record, basically fucked him for life. I've seen streakers and loads of others run in the park and can neverr remember any of them getting a custodial sentence, with the exception of the Brum fan you mentioned, but that was for a cowardly assault.

The diet hun who attacked Lennon got a not guilty ffs

3 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Now, when will we see Rangers and Celtic really deal with the morons in their support, who continually sing bigoted songs, and proclaim their love for terrorist organisations?

Never, they thrive on it.

Bigotry makes both these clubs too much cash.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it was "pathetic", that he'd been victimised and made an example of.

He'll lose his job, always have a criminal record and spend 100 days with actual criminals. I've no idea what the judge thinks this will achieve, other than make him more likely to become an actual criminal.

6 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

And it will never get taken off his record, basically fucked him for life. I've seen streakers and loads of others run in the park and can neverr remember any of them getting a custodial sentence, with the exception of the Brum fan you mentioned, but that was for a cowardly assault.

The diet hun who attacked Lennon got a not guilty ffs

No he never, he was convicted of breach of the peace. He was found not guilty of the assault because they insisted in adding sectarian to it and there was zero.proof of any sectarian side to his actions. As our new song goes, ' it's not sectarian, Neil Lennon's a xxxx  '😊😊

9 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

So Motherwell have now banned the 14 year old child who threw a lighter at Rangers Captain Marvel...problem dealt with.

Why was a 14 year old carrying a lighter and where was his parent/carer? 

Also at what age are kids allowed into the football unaccompanied, in case I'm out of touch with the current arrangements? 

Personally I wouldn't let my boys go to a game unaccompanied until they're about 18.

As for Rangers and Celtic dealing with the bigots, it's just not going to happen. Rangers had the perfect chance back in League 2 and decided to take the cash instead. 

It's time for the Government to make the police deal with it properly. And make the clubs fund the manpower.