This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 192 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

20 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Word on the street is they are planning on pulling out all the stops this year with the Parachute Regiment doing a full a full bayonet charge at half time, butchering  life size straw dolls dressed  as Gerry Adams,  Anton Rogan and Simple Minds Jim Kerr.

STAUNCH 

Might fly back for this

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I see the Hibs fan that confronted Tavernier has been jailed for 100 days and given a 10 year Football Banning Order.  That'll learn him.

It's about time someone was properly punished for this shite. Now we just need the CCTV to catch a couple of the dick heads throwing stuff and a few bigots hauled up for their singing and we've got a start. 

4 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The CCTV ? If youse wear baseball caps at check-in nobody will recognise you 😎😍. Then you can 'chuck things' at each other all you want 🤫

As long as your not wearing a balaclava, cctv at Pittodrie will have a fairly good chance of picking you out. Hence the rangers fan that got done a couple of weeks ago. 

Edited by dandydunn

Come on... they must have cameras at the turnstiles no? Some cunt can put on a balaclava in the ground but they can trace you from camera to camera and of course your clothes and shoes all are very visible markers... I dont think clubs want to get into the business of grassing up their 'regulars' no matter how unsavoury. Cameras now are so cheap and so high quality if they cant see it is because they dont want to see.

52 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The CCTV ? If youse wear baseball caps at check-in nobody will recognise you 😎😍. Then you can 'chuck things' at each other all you want 🤫

It would be able to see what seat you're in and that should be enough. If the rules of sale for the ticket make the named person responsible for the behaviour of the person in the seat then that would cover it. 

It would make catching the singing bigots easier too. 

Surely that's got to be a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

No, I never have been nor do I wish to.  

Why bother answering him?

Hes excusing fuckwits throwing things because other fuckwits are bigots. 

Utterly ridiculous standpoint. 

The amount of posters on here that seem to think this is pathetic. 

There's no excuse for any of this behaviour but there is also no link. 

Other than its all carried out by scum. 

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Yes, not sure what to make of that.

On the one hand it’s a bit harsh, but should certainly act as a warning to others. Boy only has himself to blame, but has certainly been made a example of.

Yeah.

They could have knocked the problem on the head after the cup final, by jailing a ton of them then :ok:

He'll be out in 2 months.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why bother answering him?

Hes excusing fuckwits throwing things because other fuckwits are bigots. 

Utterly ridiculous standpoint. 

The amount of posters on here that seem to think this is pathetic. 

There's no excuse for any of this behaviour but there is also no link. 

Other than its all carried out by scum. 

No offence but debian completely missed the point being made and flew off the handle for absolutely no reason. I'm actually surprised at you agreeing with him

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No offence but debian completely missed the point being made and flew off the handle for absolutely no reason. I'm actually surprised at you agreeing with him

I'm not actually agreeing with him. It was clear that ONeill was being a dick rather than making any kind of reasoned argument. I'm just a bit fed up of twats like that. 

The fact that I support Rangers does not mean that I can't have an opinion on other teams fans behaviour. 

I may disagree with you but at least you have reasons for your opinions. 

Posters like yourself and Parkie are at least consistent and mostly rational, even if you can be annoying. 😁

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm not actually agreeing with him. It was clear that ONeill was being a dick rather than making any kind of reasoned argument. I'm just a bit fed up of twats like that. 

The fact that I support Rangers does not mean that I can't have an opinion on other teams fans behaviour. 

I may disagree with you but at least you have reasons for your opinions. 

Posters like yourself and Parkie are at least consistent and mostly rational, even if you can be annoying. 😁

Sorry but what are you on about? Nobody said rangers fans cant have an opinion on other fans behaviour and Oneils post was perfectly reasonable. 

Honestly, go back to the start of the debate regarding Tavernier, you'll see that debian was the only one being unreasonable and it escalated from his post where he told someone to go fuck themselves. The guy is unhinged 

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It would be able to see what seat you're in and that should be enough. If the rules of sale for the ticket make the named person responsible for the behaviour of the person in the seat then that would cover it. 

Great idea. Next game I go to I'll find the first empty seat and start to fling stuff at the players knowing I'll not get punished because it's not my seat.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Great idea. Next game I go to I'll find the first empty seat and start to fling stuff at the players knowing I'll not get punished because it's not my seat.

Is that not what the Celtic fans do every time they go to Killie and Motherwell?

😛

I take your point, there was a squad of polish bodybuilders setting off flares in my seat at the Poland game at hampers a couple of years back. Was I fuck asking them to move.

:lol:

I think a form of strict liability would work. The clubs can’t do much about one idiot throwing items or trying to get on the pitch. They’d hope to be able to identify them through CCTV etc and punish the individual. However as an example when the Green Brigade come to fir park, overcrowd a section and set off flares and throw seats, Motherwell perhaps need to take some responsibility. If they can’t control them, they need to reduce the allocation to a point they can control them.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

So people who want to demonstrate support to the Armed Forces are scum? 

I'd say it'd be a perfectly valid viewpoint to hold that people who glorify military conflict are scum. Particularly in this day and age, when all our "wars" are slaughtering brown people for economic gain.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How does saying Hun scum make somebody a bigot?

As Huns don't like being called Huns now that they are shite?

I'm not sure what triggers it but 95% of the time RB is a decent guy but every now and then he start flinging the term bigot at 3 or 4 random posters. 

24 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

He deserves to be banned. 

I mean how the f#ck did he miss Tavernier from that distance!!! 

I had a pie on Sunday, probably slipped out his hand with the grease that came off it. 🤮 

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'd say it'd be a perfectly valid viewpoint to hold that people who glorify military conflict are scum. Particularly in this day and age, when all our "wars" are slaughtering brown people for economic gain.

I don't think it's glorifying anything. Its meant as a thank you to the Armed forces. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive fan of the full blown razzmatazz of it but I have friends who served and I know that they appreciate the gesture generally. 

If you can't detach the government reasons from the legitimate need to have armed forces then I can understand your point. 

I just see it differently.