This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 186 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not at all. What's your problem with it?

For starters, it's written by GB who thrive on living on the edge of the law in everything they do, yet are first to moan when they fall foul of it.

I'm not disputing that football fans are ill treated (my bus got searched before it even left Killie on Wednesday for booze) but the GB make a rod for their own back and IMO, get away with a hell of a lot as it is due to the sheer number of them and the police won't intervene majority of the time.

They ( and their hangers on/Bhoys/SMV/whoever else) continually let of smoke bombs which like it or not are banned, break seats regularly etc etc and as a consequence the wider Celtic support get treated like criminals before the even enter a stadium.

It works both ways, the police are in the wrong a lot of the time but the likes of the GB love sailing close to the wind in terms of the law. OBAF act or not.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

For starters, it's written by GB who thrive on living on the edge of the law in everything they do, yet are first to moan when they fall foul of it.

I'm not disputing that football fans are ill treated (my bus got searched before it even left Killie on Wednesday for booze) but the GB make a rod for their own back and IMO, get away with a hell of a lot as it is due to the sheer number of them and the police won't intervene majority of the time.

So nothing in the statement, just the folk who wrote it?

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They ( and their hangers on/Bhoys/SMV/whoever else) continually let of smoke bombs which like it or not are banned, break seats regularly etc etc and as a consequence the wider Celtic support get treated like criminals before the even enter a stadium.

I've no idea if the Green Brigade are responsible for the breaking of seats are not. tbh. Anyone breaking a seat is a walloper.

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've no idea if the Green Brigade are responsible for the breaking of seats are not. tbh. Anyone breaking a seat is a walloper.

It is a good statement, but it’s just hollow words if they continue as they have done over the last however many years.

It’s like Rangers lecturing the world on sectarianism.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

He was celebrating with his own fans.

He held up 8 fingers making a figure similar to his 'Diouff' stance while facing the Sevco corner.

(How's that celebrating with his own fans?)

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

That scum sing sing about his sister dying and call him all sorts of mongos etc.

Which is clearly out of order.

Quite right that he enjoys beating them 

No problem there.

You one of these creepy bastards who says women shouldn't wear short skirts when after they get raped too?

^?^

No, I just believe that he should have ignored the Sevco support.

(No need for your last line.)

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Agree with everything from the first part, we all know where he was doing his celebration and where it was aimed. 

4fvm8m.jpg

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Logan had a 3 game ban after a handbags incident where he was applauding Celtic fans and Lustig took offence to this. Don’t remember any Celtic fans defending Logan’s rights that day. Very short term/selective memories at parkhead. 

To what end?

Why would he even bother?

Where did it get him?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Well the section at RP that had over 100 broken last month was the section they were stood and exactly the same spot where their banner was.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

There's some I agree with, however it loses credibility given who's issued it and their history.

40 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s like Rangers lecturing the world on sectarianism.

Exactly my point.

Bit like Janette Findlay lecturing on bigotry then justifying all the IRA chants as their "right to sing about their heritage" or some pish.. Oh wait a minute, she's already done that.

The very fact she's very involved in FAC but see's no issue with that sort of pish kinda loses it a large amount of credibility IMO.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yes

Nope. It's rightly criticising an unfair piece of legislation that was correctly repealed. It's also rightly criticising the authorities for stigmatising folk attending football matches, while also encouraging arseholes to stop flinging stuff.

99% of football fans doe behave. Why should the law be different for me than it is for someone attending a rugby match? Which is what OBAF Act done.

I'm very happy for you. I find your "I'm alright Jack" attitude pathetic though.

They do, at times, let folk who misbehave and break the law off too easily. If they arrested the guys doing so, while treating the 99% of folk who are behaving like decent human beings, then we wouldn't be in this situation.

Treat someone like scum and you increase the likelihood that they'll behave like scum.

It's not an alright jack attitude, I'm merely pointing out that I behave and I'm treated fine. This is also what I see at games. 

I have no opinion on the OBAF act. My point is more the GB trying to play the victim card, again. As if everything was a fucking conspiracy against football fans. 

Rugby fans can manage to drink and sit with opposition fans without resorting to bigotry, vandalism or violence. So they should be treated better. 

And the 99% thing contradicts your many comments about how many bigots follow Rangers. 

Behave like scum and you'll be treated like that. The sensitivities of the well behaved football fans should be outraged by their fellow fans behavior not the authorities ham fisted ways of trying to sort it out. 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

If you went to a gig at Hampden, do you thin you'd be treated the same way as you might be at a Scotland match?

Football fans are treated poorly in Scotland.  The difference between games in Scotland and England is noticeable in my opinion. 

How many big gigs have clowns invading the stage, throwing coins or singing bigoted songs? 

How many gigs have been interrupted by folks chucking fireworks on stage? 

Utterly ridiculous comparison that only highlights why football fans are treated differently. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Agree with everything from the first part, we all know where he was doing his celebration and where it was aimed. Logan had a 3 game ban after a handbags incident where he was applauding Celtic fans and Lustig took offence to this. Don’t remember any Celtic fans defending Logan’s rights that day. Very short term/selective memories at parkhead. 

It's exactly the same thing but I doubt Brown will get a ban. Celebrating with your own fans is one thing. Goading the opposition fans is just stupid. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's exactly the same thing but I doubt Brown will get a ban. Celebrating with your own fans is one thing. Goading the opposition fans is just stupid. 

Probably a booking though if the ref sees it. So don’t see scope to site him for it. (Simulation is a booking, but it’s covered specifically).

I agree it was a daft incendiary thing to do, but I also can’t see why he’s being dug for it, are we suggesting old firm games should be treated and officiated differently from other games....

😛

31 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's not an alright jack attitude, I'm merely pointing out that I behave and I'm treated fine.

It very much is an "I'm alright, jack" attitude. You're failing to see the issues others have because you have none. I assume you attend, sit down and shut up then. Authorities love that sort. Fortunately not everyone is like you.

I have no opinion on the OBAF act.

That's what half the statement is about.

My point is more the GB trying to play the victim card, again. As if everything was a fucking conspiracy against football fans. 

They made a law specifically targeting football fans FFS. :lol: 

Rugby fans can manage to drink and sit with opposition fans without resorting to bigotry, vandalism or violence. So they should be treated better. 

I've never resorted to bigotry, vandalism or violence at football in my life. Why should I be treated like shite?

I also can't think of anything shiter and more sterile than "sitting with the opposition". Why is that positive?

And the 99% thing contradicts your many comments about how many bigots follow Rangers. 

Fair point tbh. It's probably only about 70% who can behave themselves at Rangers games.

Behave like scum and you'll be treated like that. The sensitivities of the well behaved football fans should be outraged by their fellow fans behavior not the authorities ham fisted ways of trying to sort it out. 

I'm unsure of your logic here. I'm perfectly capable of criticising folk who break the law at football AND criticising authorities for victimising football fans. Do you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Fixtures are out. 

The league had a great opportunity to keep it going until the end of the season and have Aberdeen play Killie last for a winner takes all. 

Instead, we play Killie and Rangers the first 2 games, both away 🙄

Just now, dandydunn said:

Fixtures are out. 

The league had a great opportunity to keep it going until the end of the season and have Aberdeen play Killie last for a winner takes all. 

That's because they only give a fuck about 1 game.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Probably a booking though if the ref sees it. So don’t see scope to site him for it. (Simulation is a booking, but it’s covered specifically).

I agree it was a daft incendiary thing to do, but I also can’t see why he’s being dug for it, are we suggesting old firm games should be treated and officiated differently from other games....

😛

I'm not advocating doing anything. Just agreeing it was the same type of "event" as the one Logan was banned for. 

If they banned Logan then to be consistent they need to ban Brown. 

Id prefer if the fans grew a set and stopped Greetin like big babies. 

Does anyone think there will come a day where fans in Scotland will realise how utterly pathetic the game in Scotland has become. 

Lennon thinks theres a witch hunt against Celtic now. It's the ramblings of a child

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Fixtures are out. 

They've done a 'winner takes all' last game by allowing us to play the huns for second place 😉

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

They've done a 'winner takes all' last game by allowing us to play the huns for second place 😉

Dons win the cup and Killie pip rangers to 2nd on last day of the season. I'd take that right now.

I can dream 😂

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Does anyone think there will come a day where fans in Scotland will realise how utterly pathetic the game in Scotland has become. 

Lennon thinks theres a witch hunt against Celtic now. It's the ramblings of a child

The Lennon fascination on here is very much part of how pathetic the Scottish game has become. 

The shit that goes on in Scotland is why our game has fallen into the shadows whilst the English game has soared into the economic stratosphere. When you think how posioned their game was versus ours in the 80's... Look at us now.

it is chronic mismanagement on a Jurassic scale.

Edited by thplinth

Why is it perfectly acceptable for fans to goad players yet if they give it back it’s an absolute disgrace and the fans want a jail term for the player??

I was at a game 2 weeks ago, lower league on a wet and wild Tuesday night and the home fans were giving opposition striker dogs abuse...your mother is a spunk bucket, your sister a Hoor etc then he scores and runs past them with the hand to the lug....absolute fuck on, home fans foaming at the mouth wanting the ref to pull him up for it. You couldn’t actually make it up.