This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 185 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

By 'dirty work' do you mean going out of one's way to wind up the 850 away fans in a stadium of 60,000?

Did Tommy Burns ever act like that?

Scott Brown is an ungracious winner and a poor loser.

If I played in game like that I'd make sure that I wouldn't do anything (nonsense like tying scarfs around goalposts, etc.) that could in any way be construed as contributing toward making my own fans targets.

The game is already a powder keg, and Brown irresponsibly thinks nothing of adding fuel to the fire.

Niggling at players is one thing, but unnecessarily inciting a support is another.

I was only talking about the football. Not the off the ball shite. 

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Football players have a responsibility to behave properly while they are on the football pitch...Brown, didn't do that, he behaved like a clone of Neil Lennon.

Morelos has to be the thickest cunt on the planet to fall for his nonsense.

Neil Lennon getting slagged off in a game where 3 Rangers players committed red card offences and Scott Brown acted like a wee ned, while Lennon done fuck all, is peak walloper.

It could be like the Mohsni incident again. Rangers player punches someone, victims get punished.

Motherwell ended up with 3 players banned at the start of the following season, getting charged by SFA over pitch invasion and pyro (same SFA  who whitewashed themselves over hibs v Rangers cup final...) because Mohsni lost his shit.

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

It clearly didn’t hurt his poor wee lugs though did it however previous poster was advocating he should have made more of it so feigned injury. At a time when there’s plenty being said about play acting I find it odd someone is suggesting some thickly laid on play acting should have been used.

Only when it suits then? 

The cunt who threw it needs chased but let’s not muddy the waters by trying to make it any worse than the incident was by feigning injuries. There’s enough of that goes on in the game already.

More deflection. I said he could have made more of it, not that I thought he should have. 

It's about time all of the idiotic behaviour this season was stamped out. We need the governing body to come down hard on the bigotry, vandalism and thuggery. 

It's about time big punishments were handed out. 

Sadly the football authorities are spineless twats, so yet again it will rumble on until the government gets involved with some ham fisted legislation. 

It's about time the clubs were forced to pay for suitable numbers of police for their fans. Celtic should be paying for cops to fully search every one of their away fans from now on. 

All clubs who's fans sing bigoted songs should be paying for large numbers of cops so that they can lift and charge decent numbers at every game. Then we need the courts to ban these Scumbags from games. It may take time but it would whittle the numbers down so that normal folk might want to attend. 

Why is there a tolerance for the fuckwits, just because they support the same team as you? (this isn't aimed at you personally Macy) 

I don’t like Brown, his snidey off the ball stuff and leaving the boot in, then swaggering about afterwards admiring his work means fans of every team are going to hate him.

He gets away with a lot! He seems to get a few free hits in most games before he gets booked....

Having said that, while I don’t think celebrating in front of the tiny band of Rangers supporters was advisable especially under the circumstances, at worst it would be a yellow card offence, akin to cupping your ears at opposition fans etc. Why the SFA are on him for that I don’t know. (You could make a case he was similar to Morelos in the December game, but persistent bawbaggery isn’t something you can retrospectively punish, he could maybe have had a yellow for his part in any of the 3 red cards, but did nothing that was a clear red to retrospectively punish) I can see why Rangers have been charged for failing to control their players, Celtic not so much. It’s almost like they are trying to appease Rangers by giving a bit out to Celtic too.

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why is there a tolerance for the fuckwits, just because they support the same team as you? (this isn't aimed at you personally Macy) 

The Green Brigade statement is great in that regard.

I don’t often agree with them, but they appear to be calling out the hangers on who attach themselves to the Green Brigade and use the safety in numbers they offer.

Will be interesting if they will stand by these words when the police wade in and start lifting folk from their section?

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A fucking excellent statement.

Really? 

Personally I'd say it's a Teflon shoulder pad job. Blaming the nasty bully authorities for fans being cuntish. 

If the football fans behaved then the authority bully boy tactics they claim would be obvious and rightly criticised. 

I've never felt that the authority figures at games were mistreating me. On the contrary, I'd say they were letting the Scumbags off lightly too often hence the escalation in bawbaggery this season. 

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes, but I'd be talking to him (just like I'd have a word with Logan).

I get 'gamesmanship', mind games, niggling the opposition, etc. but leave the away support out of it.

Winning should be enough.

Celebrate with your own fans.

He was celebrating with his own fans.

That scum sing sing about his sister dying and call him all sorts of mongos etc. Quite right that he enjoys beating them 

You one of these creepy bastards who says women shouldn't wear short skirts when after they get raped too?

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That scum sing sing about his sister dying and call him all sorts of mongos etc. Quite right that he enjoys beating them 

You one of these creepy bastards who says women shouldn't wear short skirts when after they get raped too?

Spot on. How any one of those vile Hun fucks can get upset after the venom they spew out is a joke. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Neil Lennon getting slagged off in a game where 3 Rangers players committed red card offences and Scott Brown acted like a wee ned, while Lennon done fuck all, is peak walloper.

Slagged off Neil Lennon? Whereabouts?

I could slag the tosser all day, to be fair.

51 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Will be interesting if they will stand by these words when the police wade in and start lifting folk from their section?

Of course they won't...their statement is worded brilliantly, but anyone that sees this shower of tossers at a Celtic away game, knows exactly what they are all about

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Really? 

Yes

Personally I'd say it's a Teflon shoulder pad job. Blaming the nasty bully authorities for fans being cuntish. 

Nope. It's rightly criticising an unfair piece of legislation that was correctly repealed. It's also rightly criticising the authorities for stigmatising folk attending football matches, while also encouraging arseholes to stop flinging stuff.

If the football fans behaved then the authority bully boy tactics they claim would be obvious and rightly criticised. 

99% of football fans doe behave. Why should the law be different for me than it is for someone attending a rugby match? Which is what OBAF Act done.

I've never felt that the authority figures at games were mistreating me.

I'm very happy for you. I find your "I'm alright Jack" attitude pathetic though.

On the contrary, I'd say they were letting the Scumbags off lightly too often hence the escalation in bawbaggery this season. 

They do, at times, let folk who misbehave and break the law off too easily. If they arrested the guys doing so, while treating the 99% of folk who are behaving like decent human beings, then we wouldn't be in this situation.

Treat someone like scum and you increase the likelihood that they'll behave like scum.

20 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Slagged off Neil Lennon? Whereabouts?

I could slag the tosser all day, to be fair.

The Northern Irish Rangers fan hates Neil Lennon. A stunning development :lol: 

15 hours ago, macy37 said:

The cunt who threw it needs chased but let’s not muddy the waters by trying to make it any worse than the incident was by feigning injuries. There’s enough of that goes on in the game already.

Aye your manager & captain being the worst offenders for feigning injuries.

I've never felt that the authority figures at games were mistreating me. 

If you went to a gig at Hampden, do you thin you'd be treated the same way as you might be at a Scotland match?

Football fans are treated poorly in Scotland.  The difference between games in Scotland and England is noticeable in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Agree with everything from the first part, we all know where he was doing his celebration and where it was aimed. Logan had a 3 game ban after a handbags incident where he was applauding Celtic fans and Lustig took offence to this. Don’t remember any Celtic fans defending Logan’s rights that day. Very short term/selective memories at parkhead. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Agree with everything from the first part, we all know where he was doing his celebration and where it was aimed. Logan had a 3 game ban after a handbags incident where he was applauding Celtic fans and Lustig took offence to this. Don’t remember any Celtic fans defending Logan’s rights that day. Very short term/selective memories at parkhead. 

Logan has every right to do that as well. Just as Arfield did in December towards Brown. Football would be boring if we lost the "get it up you factor".

Don't know what type of Celtic fans you speak to but the ones I do would say the same.

14 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The difference between games in Scotland and England is noticeable in my opinion. 

Aye there are no bubble matches up here, fans can get trains/buses/cars etc to fixtures, event the most high profile ones/risky ones.

Compare that to Leeds-Millwall for example. You don't see many fans up here having to go to a service station to pick up match tickets then get bussed to the game.

I agree football fans get a rough ride but down south is pish too, even though they can booze but there's far more restrictions for certain games.