This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 184 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly, he wound the opposition up and the daft cunts fell for it en masse.

If Brown gets a suspension it's a farce.

For once we agree. Every team needs someone to do the dirty work and Brown is good at that. Rangers don't have anyone doing that job, certainly not as well as Brown. If we did we wouldn't have dropped as many points as we have this season. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Candieas got sent off for blowing kisses at someone.  Brown getting cited for continued acts of Bellendery shouldn't be a surprise!

The fact you refer to his “acts” as bellendery is lovely to read. His work is exemplary and is working an absolute treat. 

22 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The fact you refer to his “acts” as bellendery is lovely to read. His work is exemplary and is working an absolute treat. 

Your thoughts on his deliberate stamp on McGinn last night, or doesn’t that matter cos it’s against a diddy team?

Or is that also exemplary work on his part?

Just now, Jersey Jim said:

Your thoughts on his deliberate stamp on McGinn last night, or doesn’t that matter cos it’s against a diddy team?

Or is that also exemplary work on his part?

It wasn’t deliberate. No matter how much you want it to have been. 

Next.

No mention of last night, Saints goalie was obviously in discomfort, there’s no doubt he done Celtic a turn by not making more of it.

We had already made 3 substitutions, what would have happened if he couldn’t continue and we had to go down to 10 men with an outfield player having to go in goal?

19 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It wasn’t deliberate. No matter how much you want it to have been. 

Next.

Being honest when I seen that I didn't think there was much in it.  I don't think he made a huge effort to miss the boy but by the same token I didn't see a deliberate stamping action.

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen fixtures apparently are Hearts, Hibs and Celtic at home. 

Rangers and killie away, with killie last game of the season a potential euro decider. 

So I've heard. 

Don’t think that can be right. Suspect we’ll have Hibs or Hearts away for the third time in the League as that will result in us having 19h and 19a.

The split remains an inequitable  shambles. 

24 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

No mention of last night, Saints goalie was obviously in discomfort, there’s no doubt he done Celtic a turn by not making more of it.

We had already made 3 substitutions, what would have happened if he couldn’t continue and we had to go down to 10 men with an outfield player having to go in goal?

Now, this cunt that threw it on needs chased, of that there’s absolutely no doubt. However, I laugh at the furore over the distress the players could have suffered....it was a large bang so they got a fright. Poor cunts, no different to any other human on bonfire night. How exactly could he have “made more of it”? Rolled about holding his lugs? Give me fucking strength.

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Now, this cunt that threw it on needs chased, of that there’s absolutely no doubt. However, I laugh at the furore over the distress the players could have suffered....it was a large bang so they got a fright. Poor cunts, no different to any other human on bonfire night. How exactly could he have “made more of it”? Rolled about holding his lugs? Give me fucking strength.

An explosion loud enough can permanently damage your hearing. It's got fuck all to do with giving him a fright. 

Celtic fans have a long history of bawbaggery with "pyro" and its now gone beyond a joke. There needs to be serious repercussions before someone is hurt. 

As has been said it would have been interesting if the goalie had decided to go off. The repercussions for Celtic would possibly have been far worse. 

25 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Difference being, on bonfire night you're expecting it. 

Edited by bonzo

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

An explosion loud enough can permanently damage your hearing. It's got fuck all to do with giving him a fright. 

Celtic fans have a long history of bawbaggery with "pyro" and its now gone beyond a joke. There needs to be serious repercussions before someone is hurt. 

As has been said it would have been interesting if the goalie had decided to go off. The repercussions for Celtic would possibly have been far worse. 

It clearly didn’t hurt his poor wee lugs though did it however previous poster was advocating he should have made more of it so feigned injury. At a time when there’s plenty being said about play acting I find it odd someone is suggesting some thickly laid on play acting should have been used.

Only when it suits then? 

The cunt who threw it needs chased but let’s not muddy the waters by trying to make it any worse than the incident was by feigning injuries. There’s enough of that goes on in the game already.

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

For once we agree. Every team needs someone to do the dirty work and Brown is good at that.

By 'dirty work' do you mean going out of one's way to wind up the 850 away fans in a stadium of 60,000?

Did Tommy Burns ever act like that?

Scott Brown is an ungracious winner and a poor loser.

If I played in game like that I'd make sure that I wouldn't do anything (nonsense like tying scarfs around goalposts, etc.) that could in any way be construed as contributing toward making my own fans targets.

The game is already a powder keg, and Brown irresponsibly thinks nothing of adding fuel to the fire.

Niggling at players is one thing, but unnecessarily inciting a support is another.

5 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

By 'dirty work' do you mean going out of one's way to wind up the 850 away fans in a stadium of 60,000?

Did Tommy Burns ever act like that?

Scott Brown is an ungracious winner and a poor loser.

Niggling at players is one thing, but unnecessarily inciting a support is another.

Question Scotty, would you have him in your team? I'm no fan of Brown but I'd have someone like that in the middle of the park in my team.

18 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Question Scotty, would you have him in your team? I'm no fan of Brown but I'd have someone like that in the middle of the park in my team.

Yes, but I'd be talking to him (just like I'd have a word with Logan).

I get 'gamesmanship', mind games, niggling the opposition, etc. but leave the away support out of it.

Winning should be enough.

Celebrate with your own fans.