This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 183 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Behave yersel, it was a perfectly angled shot into the far corner 😂😂

Thought Aberdeen let Motherwell come onto them far too much after going 1 up and it wasn’t a very comfortable night. Great goal by Mcginn to finish it off though. 

Any news on the keeper? Never good seeing someone stretchered off after a collision like that. 

Think it was a hip or knee, so nothing too serious hopefully. Leaves us a bit short though as Carson was already out for season with DVT. Not sure who our 4th choice keeper is?

Aberdeen did seem quite happy to let Motherwell have the ball, although we lacked any cutting edge with it. Might’ve seen Johnson and gone 2 up front had it not been for the injury to the keeper. Could’ve hooked Aryibi after 10 minutes, he did nothing. Appears to be one of those wingers who is unplayable or terrible.

The late goal (admittedly a nice finish) probably flatters Aberdeen a bit.

Second goal was a bit unfortunate from a Motherwell point of view aswell as first with a blocked shot dropping perfectly for McGinn.

If we’d played aswell from August to December as we played tonight we’d have made the top 6. 🤷‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Peter Martin is about as far from a hun as you can get. Are you sure it wasn’t Tom Miller? He does most of the RTV commentary and they both have the same high pitched squeak. 

You may be right Fairbairn. I just assumed it was Pedro but I dont think I remember anyone mentioning his name. 

He was definitely shite though. 

57 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Think it was a hip or knee, so nothing too serious hopefully. Leaves us a bit short though as Carson was already out for season with DVT. Not sure who our 4th choice keeper is?

Aberdeen did seem quite happy to let Motherwell have the ball, although we lacked any cutting edge with it. Might’ve seen Johnson and gone 2 up front had it not been for the injury to the keeper. Could’ve hooked Aryibi after 10 minutes, he did nothing. Appears to be one of those wingers who is unplayable or terrible.

The late goal (admittedly a nice finish) probably flatters Aberdeen a bit.

Second goal was a bit unfortunate from a Motherwell point of view aswell as first with a blocked shot dropping perfectly for McGinn.

If we’d played aswell from August to December as we played tonight we’d have made the top 6. 🤷‍♂️ 

Hard to argue with that, especially the last goal part. No one could’ve complained about a draw, but I’m glad it wasn’t. 

Went to St Mirren game last night, thought Celtic were honking ( especially second half ) we played a weakened side ( 6 changes from win over Dundee ) with the Accies game in mind this weekend, could have got a point tonight if we had been more adventurous with our team selection.

Not seen it on TV yet but looked like a deliberate stamp by Brown in the second half, even if it was I doubt any retrospective action will be taken, our big centre forward Nazon will probably get a ban for use of the elbow. ( Anyone care to comment how these looked on telly ).

Celtic fans weren’t too bad last night until the nearly deafened our goalie. 

23 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Went to St Mirren game last night, thought Celtic were honking ( especially second half ) we played a weakened side ( 6 changes from win over Dundee ) with the Accies game in mind this weekend, could have got a point tonight if we had been more adventurous with our team selection.

Not seen it on TV yet but looked like a deliberate stamp by Brown in the second half, even if it was I doubt any retrospective action will be taken, our big centre forward Nazon will probably get a ban for use of the elbow. ( Anyone care to comment how these looked on telly ).

Depending on the angle they take, Brown should be in trouble and Nazon definitely will be. 

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Depending on the angle they take, Brown should be in trouble and Nazon definitely will be. 

Thanks, so the clever money will be on a ban for our player and nothing will happen to Brown. 

Brown, Gerrard, Rangers and Celtic all been cited for Sunday’s game. Despite the fact I don’t know what most of that is for, why has it taken them 4 days to announce it when Kent was cited earlier in the week. They whole process really is a fucking shambles. 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They whole process really is a fucking shambles. 

Ageee with that.

Have they been sitting in a room spending 1/2 a day on every incident?

With the dust having settled a bit and without wishing to defend Morelos (because he’s an utter moron) I didn’t think his elbow on brown was that bad. It wasn’t to the face and wasn’t particularly vicious. I’ve seen Brown, Morelos and several others get away with worse this season (most fuckin’ weeks it seems with the 2 mentioned).

The reaction to it is understandable because of the accumulative effect, but I think the ref could’ve given 2 yellows for that.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Brown, Gerrard, Rangers and Celtic all been cited for Sunday’s game. Despite the fact I don’t know what most of that is for, why has it taken them 4 days to announce it when Kent was cited earlier in the week. They whole process really is a fucking shambles. 

Incompetence or making it up as they go along. Perhaps both.

Gerard’s defence of Kent’s red card is utterly laughable.

I’d actually say there’s decent precedent to appeal Morelos red, in his own at Pittodrie and Bachman at Ibrox . It was retaliation and not to the head, I thought that was ok now?

Rangers probably due a fine for their honking disciplinary record this season, that will probably send the militant fans and the clubs PR (basically the same?) into melt down.

:lol:

Celtic will win the league on Sunday, OF will be 2nd game post split.

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Gerard’s defence of Kent’s red card is utterly laughable.

I’d actually say there’s decent precedent to appeal Morelos red, in his own at Pittodrie and Bachman at Ibrox . It was retaliation and not to the head, I thought that was ok now?

Rangers probably due a fine for their honking disciplinary record this season, that will probably send the militant fans and the clubs PR (basically the same?) into melt down.

:lol:

Celtic will win the league on Sunday, OF will be 2nd game post split.

Can Celtic win the league even if we beat Motherwell?

4 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I have it on good authority that Brown only 'niggles'.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So Brown misses the Cup Final, obvs.

You no jumping the gun there?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly, he wound the opposition up and the daft cunts fell for it en masse.

If Brown gets a suspension it's a farce.

When one thinks of a Celtic class act like Tommy Burns, how pathetically does Brown conduct himself?

47 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Still think rangers could nick the title. 

'Nicking' it would be the only way they'd get it.

38 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Our continued stranglehold of the game is clearly hurting many at the games HQ. Can’t celebrate a win now. Incredible stuff even for this lot. 

Candieas got sent off for blowing kisses at someone.  Brown getting cited for continued acts of Bellendery shouldn't be a surprise!

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Candieas got sent off for blowing kisses at someone.  Brown getting cited for continued acts of Bellendery shouldn't be a surprise!

Logan got sent off for applauding in front of the celtic fans and then getting a ball thrown at him🤣