This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 176 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Because if we win the cup, everyone will forget that the manager has absoutely no tactical ideas, doesn’t make substitutions, has no plan B, can’t keep a lead, tells his players to use the short corner continuously, even though everyone knows it doesnt work, tells us he has great young players coming through but then never plays them and lastly, plays players out of position and drops ones that have been playing well. 

Thats why this season has been horrendous. 

What do you mean no plan B or tactical ideas? Devlin on for McLennan...

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Because if we win the cup, everyone will forget that the manager has absoutely no tactical ideas, doesn’t make substitutions, has no plan B, can’t keep a lead, tells his players to use the short corner continuously, even though everyone knows it doesnt work, tells us he has great young players coming through but then never plays them and lastly, plays players out of position and drops ones that have been playing well. 

Thats why this season has been horrendous. 

Youngsters - McKenna is a starter every week. Campbell started and played great at ibrox and also played well at Celtic park. Mclennan has had more game time than expected and scored yesterday, that's a few goals hes got this year.

Who are he others who dont get game time who should be playing? 

Cant keep a lead? There are instances of us keeping a lead and winning matches this season, we've also lost leads and lost matches but that doesn't back up your argument.

Are you seriously using short corners as a way to back up.your horrendous season argument? 

Substitutions - I've only gone back the last 5 or 6 weeks and based on subs made, your argument holds absolutely zero weight. 

So if we win a cup, get to a final and finish 3rd or 4th, you think that means the manager has no tactical ideas? Really? What's it down to, luck? 

I'm far from mcinnes biggest fan, he has his faults like all managers but you're clutching at straws here.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Youngsters - McKenna is a starter every week. Campbell started and played great at ibrox and also played well at Celtic park. Mclennan has had more game time than expected and scored yesterday, that's a few goals hes got this year.

Who are he others who dont get game time who should be playing? 

Cant keep a lead? There are instances of us keeping a lead and winning matches this season, we've also lost leads and lost matches but that doesn't back up your argument.

Are you seriously using short corners as a way to back up.your horrendous season argument? 

Substitutions - I've only gone back the last 5 or 6 weeks and based on subs made, your argument holds absolutely zero weight. 

So if we win a cup, get to a final and finish 3rd or 4th, you think that means the manager has no tactical ideas? Really? What's it down to, luck? 

I'm far from mcinnes biggest fan, he has his faults like all managers but you're clutching at straws here.

Dean Campbell and Scott Wright

Weve sat back on many a 1-0 and paid for it, I’m in no way suggesting we lose a lead every game

Weve been generally poor at corners for ages now, but the short ones are rushed and poor, recently against Hamilton, McKenna piled up the park and ended up being given the ball about 2 feet from the D

We were 2-0 down against Hamilton after 59 minutes at home and he made his first and only tactical substitution after 74 minutes if I remember correctly. 

Yesterday at 2-1 down, he took off an attacking midfielder and out on a centre half in his place, with at least 2 attacking players on the bench. 

You’re obviously basing your opinion on what you’re reading, I’m basing mine on what I’m seeing every other week.

50 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Father also said McKenna was honking. Soutter by far the better of the 2. 

I only ever see McKenna against us or for Scotland. Lets just say I can only assume he plays a lot better against everyone else. Souttar has genuine potential as a ball playing centre back, but also has a tendency to switch off or play a lose pass once or twice a game. Won't get away with that if he does move on to play against better sides at a higher level.

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Dean Campbell and Scott Wright

Weve sat back on many a 1-0 and paid for it, I’m in no way suggesting we lose a lead every game

Weve been generally poor at corners for ages now, but the short ones are rushed and poor, recently against Hamilton, McKenna piled up the park and ended up being given the ball about 2 feet from the D

We were 2-0 down against Hamilton after 59 minutes at home and he made his first and only tactical substitution after 74 minutes if I remember correctly. 

Yesterday at 2-1 down, he took off an attacking midfielder and out on a centre half in his place, with at least 2 attacking players on the bench. 

You’re obviously basing your opinion on what you’re reading, I’m basing mine on what I’m seeing every other week.

Dean Campbell has had game time, mcinnes had enough faith in him to start him against rangers in our biggest game of the season and Scott Wright has looked pish more often than not.

So hes made some poor substitutions in some games but I bet theres just as many where the subs weren't as poor and they had a positive effect on the game

Whether or not I'm at these games is irrelevant, I've acknowledged we aren't at our best this season but that's not the argument. You said the season is horrendous and then said a cup win would paper over the cracks. That's total nonsense.

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Exactly what has he done incorrectly? Another gigantic performance from Captain Magnificent.

You wouldn’t see Morelos rolling about holding his face for no good reason.

:lol:

Brown is an utter cunt too, Halliday and Kent are a pair of neds...

I’m a but gutted we won’t get to see Morelos at fir park next week if I’m honest.

All things considered i thought Rangers were immense in the second half after expecting Celtic to run away with it

Maybe Celtic thought it was over at half time but a draw would have been a fair result in the end

As i alluded to earlier - i really do not know why Brown is not done in with that type of behaviour in games

He wouldnt get away with it at amateur or junior level

Noticed he stayed most of the second half in his own end of the pitch - maybe he was expecting it

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck You Sevco. Yassssssssss,😁😁😁😁😁

You almost dropped points at home to 10 men.

It's not like you pumped them.

Try and be gracious.

Try and show some class.

Strive to post like a mature adult with a clue about football.

52 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You almost dropped points at home to 10 men.

It's not like you pumped them.

Try and be gracious.

Try and show some class.

Strive to post like a mature adult with a clue about football.

Away and pound sand up yir arse Scotty. So fucking tired of your pathetic hollier than thou bullshit. I'll post what I want. Sevco are a fucking disgrace. Proved it today once again. If you do not like what I post, don't fuckin read it. Simple man..