This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 175 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

If this was amateur football and you were in a "team" the agenda now would be from now till the 90th minute to do in Brown

I certainly hope so I have Celtic -1 and Rangers most bookings

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen have been in a final and are in the semi final of the Scottish cup. We've knocked our greatest rivals in both cups and we are still in with a shout of 3rd.

Thats hardly a really poor season. The league form isn't the greatest compared to recent seasons but it's not what I'd class as really poor

I would respectfully disagree. We’ve been horrendous this season,  but people actually think beating rangers makes it acceptable. 

One guy on Facebook said yesterday he would accept finishing 5th because we knocked rangers out of both cups and they can’t win anything either. That’s the problem right there, too many fans happy to accept mediocrity. 

14 hours ago, Mox said:

Really poor season from Aberdeen, 52 points after 31 games is pitiful. You'll beat us in the semi mind you, that's guaranteed.

Aberdeen have been in a final and are in the semi final of the Scottish cup. We've knocked our greatest rivals in both cups and we are still in with a shout of 3rd.

Thats hardly a really poor season. The league form isn't the greatest compared to recent seasons but it's not what I'd class as really poor

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would respectfully disagree. We’ve been horrendous this season,  but people actually think beating rangers makes it acceptable. 

One guy on Facebook said yesterday he would accept finishing 5th because we knocked rangers out of both cups and they can’t win anything either. That’s the problem right there, too many fans happy to accept mediocrity. 

That's one guy on a website which is filled with mutants.

Horrendous is an extremely harsh way to describe our season. It could still be a fantastic season, we are effectively two matches from a trophy and we lost in the final of the other cup. The cups are our only realistic chance of glory.

Admittedly we should be in 3rd with the resources we have but being two points behind 3rd, a cup final and a semi final is not horrendous. 

Beating rangers in both cups is a bonus, take that out of it and we are still competing in competitions we have a chance of winning. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

That's one guy on a website which is filled with mutants.

Horrendous is an extremely harsh way to describe our season. It could still be a fantastic season, we are effectively two matches from a trophy and we lost in the final of the other cup. The cups are our only realistic chance of glory.

Admittedly we should be in 3rd with the resources we have but being two points behind 3rd, a cup final and a semi final is not horrendous. 

Beating rangers in both cups is a bonus, take that out of it and we are still competing in competitions we have a chance of winning. 

Winning the cup will effectively paper over the cracks. We have won once at home since the 22nd of December and that was against QOTS. 

Greg Stewart is an absolute waste of a shirt since he came back as that fucking idiot doesn’t know how to play him. May was one of our best and hardest working players prior to him arriving and now he barely gets a sniff of a game. It stinks down Pittodrie way right now and people seem to be happy to accept it. 

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

1-0 about right at HT at Tynecastle yesterday. Aberdeen started a bit better, while Hearts were rotten. Second half we played a lot better, and well worth the win in the end. Ikpeazu missed an absolute sitter, and a couple of decent penalty shouts. Beaton was hopeless, even by the low standards we have come to expect.

Father also said McKenna was honking. Soutter by far the better of the 2. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

What is the point of Morelos if he's going to continually get himself sent off.  How long's this ban going to be.

I'd take the first half decent offer and punt him.

Worth more than Dembele apparently. Fucking hilarious. We are all Scott Broon. 

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Worth more than Dembele apparently. Fucking hilarious. We are all Scott Broon. 

No complaints about the send off but Brown's a prick as well.  Getting caught in the chest and going down holding his face.

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Winning the cup will effectively paper over the cracks. We have won once at home since the 22nd of December and that was against QOTS. 

Greg Stewart is an absolute waste of a shirt since he came back as that fucking idiot doesn’t know how to play him. May was one of our best and hardest working players prior to him arriving and now he barely gets a sniff of a game. It stinks down Pittodrie way right now and people seem to be happy to accept it. 

You've completely lost the plot if you think winning the Scottish cup is papering over the cracks. A cup in, a final along with 3rd or 4th would be great season for Aberdeen. Only Celtic in this league would be dissapointed with that

You pick on our home form but until yesterday our away form was brilliant. Aberdeen are far from the finished article but it's not the doom and gloom you ate making it out to be.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

You've completely lost the plot if you think winning the Scottish cup is papering over the cracks. A cup in, a final along with 3rd or 4th would be great season for Aberdeen. Only Celtic in this league would be dissapointed with that

You pick on our home form but until yesterday our away form was brilliant. Aberdeen are far from the finished article but it's not the doom and gloom you ate making it out to be.

Lost the plot? You sound like one of those people that think this season has been good because we’ve beaten rangers 3 times. It hasn’t, we’ve went backwards at an alarming rate and some of the football has been terrible to watch, which is 100% the managers fault. He has to go if we’re to progress. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Lost the plot? You sound like one of those people that think this season has been good because we’ve beaten rangers 3 times. It hasn’t, we’ve went backwards at an alarming rate and some of the football has been terrible to watch, which is 100% the managers fault. He has to go if we’re to progress. 

Yes, you've lost the plot if you think a cup win, a final along with 3rd or 4th papers over the cracks.

No offence but did you actually read my last post? I said we are not the finished article, in the previous post I said our league form should be better. How you come to the conclusion that I sound like one of those people that thinks the season is good because we beat rangers 3 times is baffling. None of my posts come close to insinuating that.

I just dont think the season has been horrendous.

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes, you've lost the plot if you think a cup win, a final along with 3rd or 4th papers over the cracks.

No offence but did you actually read my last post? I said we are not the finished article, in the previous post I said our league form should be better. How you come to the conclusion that I sound like one of those people that thinks the season is good because we beat rangers 3 times is baffling. None of my posts come close to insinuating that.

I just dont think the season has been horrendous.

Because if we win the cup, everyone will forget that the manager has absoutely no tactical ideas, doesn’t make substitutions, has no plan B, can’t keep a lead, tells his players to use the short corner continuously, even though everyone knows it doesnt work, tells us he has great young players coming through but then never plays them and lastly, plays players out of position and drops ones that have been playing well. 

Thats why this season has been horrendous.