This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 173 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That's a very unfair comparison. Man city and Newcastle could charge a tenner and still make a fortune each season. 

The Scottish cup final is maybe a fairer comparison then?

Yes, our clubs are more reliant on the gate money, doesn’t justify the prices though when it’s over £30 to go to tynecastle.

43 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The Scottish cup final is maybe a fairer comparison then?

Yes, our clubs are more reliant on the gate money, doesn’t justify the prices though when it’s over £30 to go to tynecastle.

No, the comparison is still unfair. 

The clubs in Scotland including Celtic need as much money as possible and there isn't much of it to go around. In England the cash is beyond ridiculous so they can charge low ticket prices. The only way prices will fall in Scotland is when attendance figures start to drop drmatically or the fans take a stand. 

I agree, paying £30 is too much for any match but people are willing to pay it. As far as I am aware the away end is sold out on saturday. Aberdeen fans are clearly comfortable paying over £30 to go to tynecastle

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No, the comparison is still unfair. 

The clubs in Scotland including Celtic need as much money as possible and there isn't much of it to go around. In England the cash is beyond ridiculous so they can charge low ticket prices. The only way prices will fall in Scotland is when attendance figures start to drop drmatically or the fans take a stand. 

I agree, paying £30 is too much for any match but people are willing to pay it. As far as I am aware the away end is sold out on saturday. Aberdeen fans are clearly comfortable paying over £30 to go to tynecastle

An extra 600 tickets were released yesterday too, I’m sure they’ll all be snapped up by mugs. 

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Didn’t know that. Just realised that the main stand is also £26, so they’ll use that as the same price range for away fans. Disgraceful. 

This was the prices for our last trip to Pittodrie.

• Adult – £26
  • Over 65 – £19
  • Over 75 & 18-21yr old – £15
  • Under 18 – £10
  • Under 12 – £6
  • Ambulant disabled – £19 (Carer free of charge)
  • Wheelchair disabled – £10 (Carer free of charge)

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Are you actually calling other Aberdeen fans mugs just because they're willing to pay a few extra quid to watch their team?

Yup, the more people pay it, the more likely is is to rise again. One of the reasons I stopped going to Scotland games. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This was the prices for our last trip to Pittodrie.

• Adult – £26
  • Over 65 – £19
  • Over 75 & 18-21yr old – £15
  • Under 18 – £10
  • Under 12 – £6
  • Ambulant disabled – £19 (Carer free of charge)
  • Wheelchair disabled – £10 (Carer free of charge)

I would say £6 has to come off for adult and over 65 should be the same as over £75. 

Everything else seems pretty reasonable. 

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, beat me to it.

What a view

Related image

Parkhead is a terrible built ground. Built on the cheap. Been there  on a few occasions watching rangers and scotland. Crap stadium. At least at hampden if you pay a ticket you can see the game. Who were the architects? Stevie wonder?

On 11/8/2018 at 12:07 PM, Parklife said:

An independent SFA panel found Logan an "impressive and credible witness", while commenting that Tonev gave the "impression was of a witness giving a less than a full account of his actual understanding; and seemed to the tribunal to be an inherently improbable account."

I'm happy to stick with the verdict that Shay Logan was the victim of racist abuse from Tonev. 

You can bash on with making up that he's lied about it. Something there really is zero evidence for. 

Have you seen the pics of him on his stag weekend? I'm not into dressing the stag up but logan's mates dressed him up in full celtic kit with Brown on the back

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Have you seen the pics of him on his stag weekend? I'm not into dressing the stag up but logan's mates dressed him up in full celtic kit with Brown on the back

Haha yeah, he's taken it well. Not sure i would have done so if it'd been me in his shoes :lol: 

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The sad thing is, he probably will. 

Yeah. How Aberdeen meekly accepted his ban after the last game of last season really pissed me off. 

To complete a miserable few days for Scottish football Nomads are beating Ross County. Invite non Scottish teams to play in a Scottish cup competition and just show up how awful we are.  Whose expletive bright idea was that? Come on Staggies a nation's hopes rest on your antlers!