This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 172 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

48 minutes ago, slasher said:

The 6 minutes was totally justified with 4 players down for treatment and 5 subs. If Dundee had scored on the break just before we would have been spared all this whining. All the same I'm not impressed with Lenny's audition for the job full time so far!

Hopefully the last couple of games will put paid to any talk of Lenny getting the gig full time at the end of the season.

Did well first time around but I’d much rather see fresh ideas and the real boost a top class (relatively speaking) appointment would give us. Let’s go forward not back.

Thanks for holding the reins Neil, but it’s a no from me.

Police in heavy handed today apparently, tri colours removed from people, green brigade banner removed as well as it's supposedly banned despite being at every game and people arrested.

The continued persecution and hassle of football fans by The Police is a stain on this country, they are a law unto themselves.

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Police in heavy handed today apparently, tri colours removed from people, green brigade banner removed as well as it's supposedly banned despite being at every game and people arrested.

The continued persecution and hassle of football fans by The Police is a stain on this country, they are a law unto themselves.

Seen a tri colour snatched from the stands and someone going head first over an entrance to chase them. 

21 minutes ago, Mox said:

What were the banners covering up? 

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I’ve heard Celtic fans were acting like scumbags again. No great surprise. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Apparently it was the police at fault........according to a Celtic fan

Could be both.

I’ve seen the video of a steward whipping down a tri-colour and a boy jumping down from above the exit to try and retrieve the flag.

Its fairly standard for flags to be moved if they’re covering adverts, somebody has paid to have that board their, and the cameras are there...

15 hours ago, Mox said:

I would have sympathy, but the Celtic away support are absolute scumbags.

That mob run about the country breaking seats, invading pitches, singing and shouting sectarian abuse and being general clowns. Mostly with impunity.  They cannae then expect anyone to listen to their greeting when the big bad polis arrest them. They should be arrested.  

I agree the treatment of football fans is shite, we are treated like weans. But the Celtic away support are one of the reasons why it's like that. And the rest of us have to suffer it.

48 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That mob run about the country breaking seats, invading pitches, singing and shouting sectarian abuse and being general clowns. Mostly with impunity.  They cannae then expect anyone to listen to their greeting when the big bad polis arrest them. They should be arrested.  

I agree the treatment of football fans is shite, we are treated like weans. But the Celtic away support are one of the reasons why it's like that. And the rest of us have to suffer it.

Are the rangers away support as bad? Not about the sectarian stuff because thats a given. But breaking seats? Genuine question as i dont know. One away game in europe to see rangers was enough for me. Terrible. Butthis wrecking ofseats atgames is loony tunes that are doing that and no wonder celtic board are pissed off.

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Do you think it's acceptable that The Police intimidate and arrest people for trying to take banners into a game? And this nonsense that because Celtic fans break seats etc so they deserve to be arrested is not an acceptable response to people being treated like shite when trying to attend a game of football. 

The real problem here are The Police, they do their utmost to hassle football fans up and down the country and their heavy handed approach wouldn't look out of place in some of the more authoritarian countries throughout the world. Football fans should be standing up for football fans and allegiances set aside because this is not unique to Celtic fans, plenty of fans have suffered and you're attitude does nothing but validate The Police's completely over the top approach.

Edited by Mox

46 minutes ago, Mox said:

Do you think it's acceptable that The Police intimidate and arrest people for trying to take banners into a game? And this nonsense that because Celtic fans break seats etc so they deserve to be arrested is not an acceptable response to people being treated like shite when trying to attend a game of football. 

The real problem here are The Police, they do their utmost to hassle football fans up and down the country and their heavy handed approach wouldn't look out of place in some of the more authoritarian countries throughout the world. Football fans should be standing up for football fans and allegiances set aside because this is not unique to Celtic fans, plenty of fans have suffered and you're attitude does nothing but validate The Police's completely over the top approach.

While I agree with some of what you say. When Celtic (and Rangers) come to fir park I don’t see any evidence of this heavy handed policing you’re subjected to. In fact they appear to be allowed to do whatever the fuck they like in and around the ground.

In my experience I’ve found its over the top stewards getting involved with wee arseholes over something petty that creates a problem and the police need to get involved after the situation has escalated...

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I have no idea what an away ticket costs at Pittodrie. 

£26 I think.

Both of which are more expensive than the Scottish cup final was.

Prices are not in line with the standard of football and facilities in Scotland. You can go to Man City or Newcastle for a couple of quid more.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

£26 I think.

Prices are not in line with the standard of football and facilities in Scotland. You can go to Man City or Newcastle for a couple of quid more.

Didn’t know that. Just realised that the main stand is also £26, so they’ll use that as the same price range for away fans. Disgraceful. 

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

£26 I think.

That's a very unfair comparison. Man city and Newcastle could charge a tenner and still make a fortune each season.