This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 165 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think the Independence ref and Brexit has added to the mix heavily too. 

It's brought the bigots out from under their rocks a bit more and they're getting confident to express themselves as "their" side won both times. 

Good point, although cheers for bringing up two truly terrible times.

Just as well I support Dundee and Scotland for the good times, oh what joy 😢

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Dundee? Well I did not know that Kumnio. When I first moved to Ottawa I was asked by a lad who was from Dundee, who is also a Dundee supporter, to play for his football club here in Ottawa. Predominantly Scottish club. I did sign on. He managed me for a few years. Great lad. 30 years later, the same lad was at my 50th birthday celebration. Just saying. Great folk by the way..

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

We all have our crosses to bear. 😁

You should try watching Renfrew juniors. ☹️

38 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Do you know the difference in Shearing to shagging?

of course I do, I', an expert in both

see..........................its easy to turn it into humour instead of getting your fanny in a twist about it

22 minutes ago, Mox said:

https://www.football365.com/news/from-celtic-to-leicester-is-undoubtedly-a-step-down

John Nicholson is the best sports writer about. A great article about Rodgers and how it's a step down to join Leicester as well as a defense of the Scottish game that we ourselves are sometimes too quick to put down.

He makes some good points but the way he writes about Scottish football you’d think we had a thriving competitive league.  

“It is a different job, yes, and it will have different challenges, but it is absolutely not an upgrade and anyone who thinks it is, is either blindly in thrall to riches and cannot separate money from soul, or simply has no idea of the global import of the bhoys”

Haha deary me. 

I thought his writing style was a bit all over the place.  It's almost like he had a word quota to hit and not enough content so he adds a lot of fluff in just to get there.  He also seems to miss his own point a bit given that the "big" games in England where the top 6 clubs are playing against each other tend be among the dullest of the season.

Pretty shite first half.

Rangers way ahead mind you.

Cracking finish from Candeias, bizarre build up with Hibs not playing to the whistle and not only missing a good chance to score, but conceding from the counter attack.

Then some loony ned jumps the hoarding to boot the ball away from Tavernier on the HT whistle. Same section as Saturday.

I believe in what ensued all the Rangers players were assaulted, but they will start the 2nd half with a penalty...

😛

(joking aside, they won’t need cctv to catch that clown, bang out of order)

Hibs fan should be jailed for assault on Tavernier. Some Rangers fan threw a seat onto the pitch at half time, what the hell is wrong with these idiots.

The action on the pitch has been good, but sadly the crowds behaviour will detract, and be the main story yet again.

Gauld is injured again.

Hibs deserve the equaliser for their 2nd half. We've been utter shite since half time. 

Our inability to cope with Hibs change in shape is just poor. 

We should have been 3 or 4 up by half time so can only blame ourselves. 

Ref has been woeful. Gray should have been off for 2 yellow card offences and that's just the useless decisions I can remember!