This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 164 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Feeling pretty negative about the game at Pittodrie on Sunday. 

A Hibs victory on Saturday will have me feeling much better about it though. With Rodgers leaving there's a real feeling that Celtic are beatable in the cups again. 

COYR!! 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Feeling pretty negative about the game at Pittodrie on Sunday. 

A Hibs victory on Saturday will have me feeling much better about it though. With Rodgers leaving there's a real feeling that Celtic are beatable in the cups again. 

COYR!! 

I have that feeling too but I don't think it will be Saturday. Lennon will be the ideal person to have in the dugout going there ironically. We didn't win there under BR funnily enough.

Back in Edinburgh last night, Wednesday night at Tynecastle sounds lively. The halfwits in both sets of the support having a fun time singing songs they only vaguely understand at each other; made up stories from folk pretending to have been at the game; whataboutery and outrage from both sides. All that shite aside, it sounds like it was actually a half-decent game.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:09 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic fans singing about Rodgers getting shot by a bullet from the IRA.

Sad acts.

Some of the stuff being directed towards Brendan Rodgers by the self appointed greatest fans in the world is hardly surprising when you think back to some of the abuse that the late Liam Miller was subjected to after he signed a pre-contract for Man Utd

15 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Some of the stuff being directed towards Brendan Rodgers by the self appointed greatest fans in the world is hardly surprising when you think back to some of the abuse that the late Liam Miller was subjected to after he signed a pre-contract for Man Utd

What was he subjected to then?

On 3/2/2019 at 7:40 AM, wheres the pies said:

Was always a bit of a flash point that part coming out the ground remember back in the day up seeing killie the bottles and such like would come flying over the road at you looking like the old days are back 

You should have tried going to a St Mirren game there in the 80’s, totally mental all the way to Cartsdyke station, certainly wasn’t for the faint hearted. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:40 AM, wheres the pies said:

Was always a bit of a flash point that part coming out the ground remember back in the day up seeing killie the bottles and such like would come flying over the road at you looking like the old days are back 

Aye had some great times down there. 

Was wild after we won 5-2 in the Scottish Cup quarters back in 97.

46 minutes ago, macy37 said:

How pathetic was today’s attendance by the way? Sheep shearing show on in Aberdeen today?? 

A lot of people actively avoid attending games against Rangers due to their supporters’ behaviour. Took my boys today and they saw football violence for the first time. First time they’ve heard the expression ‘Fenian bastards’ too. Every day’s a school day...

1 hour ago, neilser said:

A lot of people actively avoid attending games against Rangers due to their supporters’ behaviour. Took my boys today and they saw football violence for the first time. First time they’ve heard the expression ‘Fenian bastards’ too. Every day’s a school day...

The Rangers away support has always been the lowest common denominator. Hence why I chucked going to away games amongst them decades ago. 

It supposedly was getting better but the last 5 years or so has seen a steep decline back to the halcyon era of 80s football casuals. ☹️

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The Rangers away support has always been the lowest common denominator. Hence why I chucked going to away games amongst them decades ago. 

It supposedly was getting better but the last 5 years or so has seen a steep decline back to the halcyon era of 80s football casuals. ☹️

I think Rangers liquidation has hardened an element of your fans, the whole no one likes and we care massively seems to be an issue.

Im 39, and think its now at the worst its been in my life. By no means is the cuntish behaviour only reserved for Rangers, or even Old Firm fans. I think Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Mirren have had issues with objects being thrown this season. People need to be jailed, and clubs may not want it, but strict liability is long overdue.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I think Rangers liquidation has hardened an element of your fans, the whole no one likes and we care massively seems to be an issue.

Im 39, and think its now at the worst its been in my life. By no means is the cuntish behaviour only reserved for Rangers, or even Old Firm fans. I think Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Mirren have had issues with objects being thrown this season. People need to be jailed, and clubs may not want it, but strict liability is long overdue.

I think the Independence ref and Brexit has added to the mix heavily too. 

It's brought the bigots out from under their rocks a bit more and they're getting confident to express themselves as "their" side won both times.