This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 163 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

14 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Hopefully it's a bottomless pit. Fucking vermin bastards.

You just stick to singing for the terrorists, ripping up seats and attacking stewards, now that is vermin scum, and is getting worse. Kelly must be so proud

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You’re quite entitled to defend the Celtic support against false or trumped up claims.

It often appears though (and this isn’t specifically aimed at you) that fans will jump straight on the thing that’s dubious/doubtful/lacking evidence and ignore the problems that were clear as day.

I also appreciate you hold no responsibility and have no need to apologise for the actions of others because they support the same team as you.

I’ve no idea what the song’s called or what the rest of the words are, but the one that ends with “join the IRA” was loud and clear for a decent spell last night (I didn’t even have the volume up as I’d just put the kids to bed :lol: ).

That's boys of the old brigade, and anyone not singing it is the sort of people we need to be weeding out of our support

It's only a small minority of course, but that doesn't excuse it.

6 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

That's boys of the old brigade, and anyone not singing it is the sort of people we need to be weeding out of our support

It's only a small minority of course, but that doesn't excuse it.

It’s all good fun until somebody loses an eye.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

SPFL wanting us to play last nights game against Motherwell this Saturday at 3pm.

Even though we booked a 5 day training camp in Tenerife due to the free weekend and neither club wanting to play on Saturday with less than 48 hrs notice.

Play it in Tenerife!

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

SPFL wanting us to play last nights game against Motherwell this Saturday at 3pm.

Even though we booked a 5 day training camp in Tenerife due to the free weekend and neither club wanting to play on Saturday with less than 48 hrs notice.

5 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Play it in Tenerife!

That’s mental!

Rescheduling to Saturday would’ve made sense originally with us both being out cup, but too short notice after Killie replay.

48 hours? You can’t really be expected to arrange a game at that sort of notice barring exceptional circumstances, even disregarding killies warm weather training.

We’ve got plenty midweeks before split and they’ve already got Rangers v Celtic pencilled in I’m sure, so what does it matter to the SPFL?

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Seems this is happening.

Response pretty positive from ‘well fans, which surprises me. They like to moan normally.

:lol:

Did Killie protest? Surely they could organise a bounce game and pull out the overseas money spinning friendly card.

I was hoping for a midweek, but Saturday is better for the majority of people I suppose. Just seems incredibly short notice, and makes me wonder why we didn’t just move it to Saturday after killie went out cup?

54 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Seems this is happening.

Response pretty positive from ‘well fans, which surprises me. They like to moan normally.

Did Killie protest? Surely they could organise a bounce game and pull out the overseas money spinning friendly card.

I was hoping for a midweek, but Saturday is better for the majority of people I suppose. Just seems incredibly short notice, and makes me wonder why we didn’t just move it to Saturday after killie went out cup?

Killie are flying out on Sunday now apparently.

The team looked like they could do with a break last night so not ideal playing it again so soon.

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Killie Charging £5 if you were there last night.

My mate heard the refs whistle for start of 2nd half, but couldn’t actually see KO.

A bit cheeky charging folk again as they probably shouldn’t have started 2nd half.

I'm guessing policing/stewards etc never got paid half a nights work, so we'll still lose a fortune out of it.

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm guessing policing/stewards etc never got paid half a nights work, so we'll still lose a fortune out of it.

Yeah, don’t disagree, and it’s not killies fault. Suppose it would be slightly different if it was a floodlight failure or something. £5 is nothing in the scheme of things. Don’t think Killie could’ve charged though if the 2nd half hadn’t kicked off.

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Often a side that people seem to forget in situations like these.

I remember such understanding from Rangers fans when a similar thing happened at Tananadice.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Yeah, don’t disagree, and it’s not killies fault. Suppose it would be slightly different if it was a floodlight failure or something. £5 is nothing in the scheme of things. Don’t think Killie could’ve charged though if the 2nd half hadn’t kicked off.

I remember such understanding from Rangers fans when a similar thing happened at Tananadice.

Did Utd not charge full whack though?

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Hadn’t realised it’s just £5 for everyone on Saturday whether they were there last night or not.

A lot of people who paid £22 last night, then hung around waiting on a worthless voucher are understandably pretty pissed off.

Yep mates waited 20 mins for vouchers as they'd ran out. 

Speaking of good touches, I was far too pissed off to mention this last night, but it was the bairns 11th birthday yesterday, we got it announced at halftime at the match, which I thought would be good for him to hear, but surprisingly to us, when we got to our seats, there was a woman wandering about asking all the children if they were Matthew, when she finally found us, she gave him a card from all at Aberdeen and a wee gift from the club shop. Not a great expense to them, but a very good gesture. I’m now led to believe they try and find all season ticket holders that have a birthday on the day of the match and give them something back. 

1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

They also said they people with ticket stubs for the original game would get in for free then changed their mind.

Same as Killie then.

Nice touch from Motherwell, good PR and should only cost them £3000 tops.

Unkess 4000 Killie fans turn up at fir park with their stubs.