This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 160 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

If Stevie Gerrard buys an Orange Ferrari would this be symbolic?

Same question regarding Andy Halliday.

I know where you and all others are coming from on this subject but surely it is only a thing if the club make it a thing,  original explanation was a celebration of all the Dutch players at the club. How you or I accept that may differ 😶

If you are wondering if I have owned or own one the answer is no, in fact I have not owned a Rangers top for more than 20 years.

How many Dutch players are on rangers books this season?

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

How many Dutch players are on rangers books this season?

Irrelevant, how many shirt sales has there been for the 3rd top compared to the rest of the clubs in the uk? Playing to the masses I agree as most fans are only interested in the home top. Won't really see many on the street until July 

Money talks, morals are secondary.

ps, not really interested in the shirt sales btw

17 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

A quick google search of blackface brings up a Scottish sheep, the less said about that the better. Others might give a better explanation.

I would assume you are edging more to the recent high end fashion faux pas to which I have no opinion.

I am neither bigoted or racist deliberately but in this " looking to be offended" society I dare say I am both. Like others have said before, I have been in a chinkies, paki shop and also have fenian/Tim  friends...maybe it's an age thing but not so much Alf Garnett.

"One thousand apologies" if I have offended anyone  or is that racist???

Nobody here is looking to be offended and this has nothing to do with snowflakes or what has been deemed acceptable through the generations.  Rangers are unashamedly cashing in on sectarianism.  

I think your first case as devil's advocate has gone badly.  

12 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Nobody here is looking to be offended and this has nothing to do with snowflakes or what has been deemed acceptable through the generations.  Rangers are unashamedly cashing in on sectarianism.  

I think your first case as devil's advocate has gone badly.  

Ok, fair play...Ill go see my cousin Vinny

pretty sure a few on here are offended tho, your OPINION an ASSUMPTION on what Rangers are doing is duly noted

Your correct in assuming that I'm only trying to play devils advocate tho, you would need to elaborate wher I've gone badly so I can learn from my mistake. I've never stated anything as fact unlike you,  or do you agree it's only an opinion. 🤔

Edited by The White Ceelo
A

29 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Ok, fair play...Ill go see my cousin Vinny

pretty sure a few on here are offended tho, your OPINION an ASSUMPTION on what Rangers are doing is duly noted

Even if my opinion/assumptions are incorrect (which they are definitively not) why is the club releasing an orange strip for any reason whatsoever given the context?  Hardly the actions of a club trying to distance itself from bigotry. Negligence at best.

The Orange Order and Sash strips are the equivalent of the Club putting its tongue in its cheek while publicly 'condemning sectarianism in the strongest possible terms'. Its a wink to the hard core to say 'just ignore what we are having to say, we don't mean it'.

6 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

If Stevie Gerrard buys an Orange Ferrari would this be symbolic?

Same question regarding Andy Halliday.

I know where you and all others are coming from on this subject but surely it is only a thing if the club make it a thing,  original explanation was a celebration of all the Dutch players at the club. How you or I accept that may differ 😶

If you are wondering if I have owned or own one the answer is no, in fact I have not owned a Rangers top for more than 20 years.

Apples and oranges,

Stevie Gerrard never had a sectarian signing policy.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Will just be like old times tomorrow at Tynecastle.

Lennon back in the dugout and IRA songs galore coming from the full Roseburn. Going to try and get there early so all the good kiosks to rob aren't taken.

I wont be happy until these ball boys are peppered with coins 😳

33 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I wont be happy until these ball boys are peppered with coins 😳

Ah shit. Forgot to add that to my itinerary. Will try and squeeze it in between hitting a granny in the face with a flare and launching an Aldi bag full of jobby into the disabled section.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Ah shit. Forgot to add that to my itinerary. Will try and squeeze it in between hitting a granny in the face with a flare and launching an Aldi bag full of jobby into the disabled section.

Have you visited Stranraer before. 

Tonights game at tynecastle actually has some appeal to it, a complete fuckwit in each dugout with the potential to lose their shit, the home support probably hate neil lennon more than any other footballer/manager in the world too. 

Beer oot, sit back and watch folks. This could be fun

18 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Irrelevant, how many shirt sales has there been for the 3rd top compared to the rest of the clubs in the uk? Playing to the masses I agree as most fans are only interested in the home top. Won't really see many on the street until July 

Money talks, morals are secondary.

ps, not really interested in the shirt sales btw

Morals are certainly secondary at a team run by bigots.

19 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Don't forget the kiosks. They won't rob themselves you know. 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Tonights game at tynecastle actually has some appeal to it, a complete fuckwit in each dugout with the potential to lose their shit, the home support probably hate neil lennon more than any other footballer/manager in the world too. 

Beer oot, sit back and watch folks. This could be fun

Yup, I’m taking the wee man tonight who is Hearts daft (I’m NOT a Jambo) and up until yesterday I couldn’t really be arsed going. 

Buzzing for for it now though, for the reasons you mentioned! 😃

On 2/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, wheres the pies said:

Agreed not the same board now far to many clowns on here now seldom come on here now the lunatics have taking over the asylum 

Ahhhh what we’d give for the likes of Deecie and Saltire Lover to return

Throw in Ramy and Bonny and you’ve got one hell of a motley crew on your hands