This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 159 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

On 2/24/2019 at 5:49 PM, dandydunn said:

So you’ve actually no comment to make on it? Didn’t think so, typical scum being scum behaviour. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:03 PM, dandydunn said:

You really are a cunt, aren’t you. Society would’ve been a whole lot better if your dad had made a mess of your mums face instead. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:37 PM, dandydunn said:

I’ve criticised Aberdeen fans on many occasions on here when necessary, but you can’t seem to respond to anything that gets directed to you on here, just spout pish on a regular basis. 

Edit to add: I hope your dog dies  

What was it pistonbroke posted to you that was so offensive again?

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ooooops... Michael Stewart just confirming that BBC editors are turning down the sound on what they regard as sectarian singing from the huns - specifically at Hamilton on Sunday.

That can't be true, the BBC are bias against rangers according to him traynor

2 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Not aimed at you as fenian is recognised as a word widely used all over Scotland. Some cannot accept some of your support would use such a word, derogatory or not.This would only bring them down to the gutter level most of us weegies are perceived to live in.

The strip colour was directed at you tho..Orange with a sash would only be introduced to play up to the masses which would be widely adopted and also a to wind up the rest of Scotland. I would love to see it personally 😉

A strip colour doesnt wind me up, all it does is show that the chairman, despite what he says, is more than happy to play up to the bigoted scumbags in the support to generate revenue. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

What was it pistonbroke posted to you that was so offensive again?

Somethind about cancer and a board members brother dying of it, I can’t remember exactly, but it wasnt very nice. I wasn’t offended about it all, I just took him to task about some comments he was making. Quite the opposite of a tongue in cheek comment about a dog that doesn’t exist. 

3 minutes ago, phart said:

Is that what you say about blackface?

A quick google search of blackface brings up a Scottish sheep, the less said about that the better. Others might give a better explanation.

I would assume you are edging more to the recent high end fashion faux pas to which I have no opinion.

I am neither bigoted or racist deliberately but in this " looking to be offended" society I dare say I am both. Like others have said before, I have been in a chinkies, paki shop and also have fenian/Tim  friends...maybe it's an age thing but not so much Alf Garnett.

"One thousand apologies" if I have offended anyone  or is that racist???

13 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

A quick google search of blackface brings up a Scottish sheep, the less said about that the better. Others might give a better explanation.

I would assume you are edging more to the recent high end fashion faux pas to which I have no opinion.

I am neither bigoted or racist deliberately but in this " looking to be offended" society I dare say I am both. Like others have said before, I have been in a chinkies, paki shop and also have fenian/Tim  friends...maybe it's an age thing but not so much Alf Garnett.

"One thousand apologies" if I have offended anyone  or is that racist???

my point is the colour isn't the problem it's the symbolism behind it.

Folk aren't offended cause of the colour.

1 hour ago, phart said:

my point is the colour isn't the problem it's the symbolism behind it.

Folk aren't offended cause of the colour.

Unfortunately Rangers are the only Scottish club to have the ability to choose a colour which can be construed as something else.

If other clubs chose orange as an away or 3rd strip, would it be construed as foolish?

If other clubs had the ability to agrevate society by choosing to wear a colour, would they avoid it. ((Rhetoric I know)

Symbolism is not a colour, a sash of orange across the chest may be symbolic

Edited by The White Ceelo
A

38 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Unfortunately Rangers are the only Scottish club to have the ability to choose a colour which can be construed as something else.

If other clubs chose orange as an away or 3rd strip, would it be construed as foolish?

If other clubs had the ability to agrevate society by choosing to wear a colour, would they avoid it. ((Rhetoric I know)

Symbolism is not a colour, a sash of orange across the chest may be symbolic

There is nothing unfortunate about it, it was a deliberate association. there is no happenstance here.

Symbolism can be a colour so much it has it's own wiki-page. Also you're trying to remove context again, this didn't happen in a vacuum, it is cause and effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_symbolism

Color symbolism is also context-dependent and influenced by changes over time.

Edited by phart

43 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

It would be very foolish if it was Motherwell or Dundee united.

:lol:

Charles Green mooted the idea when he was rabble rousing and it was lapped up. It’s not a coincidence. The sash on the white strip thing is a stretch. It’s not evening Airdrie style sash. It’s just a strip, but the orange is marketed at an element of your support.

9 hours ago, phart said:

There is nothing unfortunate about it, it was a deliberate association. there is no happenstance here.

Symbolism can be a colour so much it has it's own wiki-page. Also you're trying to remove context again, this didn't happen in a vacuum, it is cause and effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_symbolism

Color symbolism is also context-dependent and influenced by changes over time.

If Stevie Gerrard buys an Orange Ferrari would this be symbolic?

Same question regarding Andy Halliday.

I know where you and all others are coming from on this subject but surely it is only a thing if the club make it a thing,  original explanation was a celebration of all the Dutch players at the club. How you or I accept that may differ 😶

If you are wondering if I have owned or own one the answer is no, in fact I have not owned a Rangers top for more than 20 years.