This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 155 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Certainly classier than the crass Goon Brigade who only have banners of hate.  Time Lawell did something about that is it not?  Dave King has proved his worth so far and Steve Clark acknowledged that yesterday.  Great leadership for King.

Next step he’ll surely take is announce the release of an orange kit and one with a sash on it was a mistimed bigoted experiment, then pull it from sale immediately?

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Certainly classier than the crass Goon Brigade who only have banners of hate.  Time Lawell did something about that is it not?  Dave King has proved his worth so far and Steve Clark acknowledged that yesterday.  Great leadership for King.

King's statement was welcome but it doesn't seem to have rubbed off on those muppets trying to make a joke out of it.

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

King's statement was welcome but it doesn't seem to have rubbed off on those muppets trying to make a joke out of it.

I would rather have a joke and banter than some of the things we all witness pal.  Time the fun was back in football.  We have a decent product this season.  The fans need to step up to the mark and make it fun.  The clubs as well.  Any shit that happens in a sectarian way, get them banned.  It's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As a comparison swap Steve Clarke for Mark Walters on the banner and imagine it displayed in the ground the week after he was getting bananas chucked at him.  Not really putting the fun back into football is it?

OMG.  It's you that is bananas kid.  Maybe a Hearts fan could answer that conundrum.  Loony.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

OMG.  It's you that is bananas kid.  Maybe a Hearts fan could answer that conundrum.  Loony.

And herin lies the problem      100% the problem,,.   you cant even see it..... which makes it worse.....  you and your ilk have absolutely no clue what was wrong on wednesday night and what is wrong with that banner

Mr Poke is 100 on the button... 

u are so far off the mark you could be speaking from furthest planet in the universe(or the second last one at leasy) 

Unbelievable

Edited by stocky

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

It's a conundrum indeed.

Racist abuse = unacceptable 

Sectarian abuse = bit of a laugh 

Why are you going back to Hearts fans throwing bananas at a Rangers player?  Are you in some kind of time warp?  There have been a million incidents since then, sectarian and racist (althoughracism hopefully isn't as bad now).  So fuck knows why you are mentioning Hearts.  All I said was it was a nice change from the usual banners that you get from these eejits.  But no. That's not good enough for you kid.  It's the Mark Walters incident that matters to you.  As I said.  Loony.

3 minutes ago, stocky said:

And herin lies the problem      100% the problem,,.   you cant even see it..... which makes it worse.....  you and your ilk have absolutely no clue what was wrong on wednesday night and what is wrong with that banner

Mr Poke is 100 on the button... 

u are so far off the mark you could be speaking from furthest planet in the universe(or the second last one at leasy) 

Unbelievable

My ilk have no time for sectarian abuse.  Anytime or anywhere.  

19 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why are you going back to Hearts fans throwing bananas at a Rangers player?  Are you in some kind of time warp?  There have been a million incidents since then, sectarian and racist (althoughracism hopefully isn't as bad now).  So fuck knows why you are mentioning Hearts.  All I said was it was a nice change from the usual banners that you get from these eejits.  But no. That's not good enough for you kid.  It's the Mark Walters incident that matters to you.  As I said.  Loony.

I just picked a famous instance of racism in Scottish football as a comparison. Which clubs were involved is irrelevant. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So you’ve actually no comment to make on it? Didn’t think so, typical scum being scum behaviour. 

I don't think you should be so hard on your own fans.  Yes there scum elements there as with every big side.  But I don't think you should be calling your own supporters scum just because they have been witnessed singing sectarian songs against Lennon and Hibs.  It's the club that should be tackling this.  I have no doubt you never sang these songs at Easter Road but quite a few did as we have heard on here.  Need to get rid of that element.  That's all.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I don't think you should be so hard on your own fans.  Yes there scum elements there as with every big side.  But I don't think you should be calling your own supporters scum just because they have been witnessed singing sectarian songs against Lennon and Hibs.  It's the club that should be tackling this.  I have no doubt you never sang these songs at Easter Road but quite a few did as we have heard on here.  Need to get rid of that element.  That's all.

You really are a cunt, aren’t you. Society would’ve been a whole lot better if your dad had made a mess of your mums face instead. 

51 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Who will be first to justify MFC ungentlemanly conduct? There's bound to be somebody.

Poor from them but within the rules I suppose.

I'd rather talk about young Henderson's performance than them. Very impressive. Hell of a free kick from Eduoard as well. Good to see him back among the goals, also with a rare header too.

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

You really are a cunt, aren’t you. Society would’ve been a whole lot better if your dad had made a mess of your mums face instead. 

Disappointed in you DD.  Personal insults will only ever mean you have nothing positive to add to a debate.  You can't handle the fact that there are sectarian fans in your own support.  It takes away the self righteousness and that Rangers fans are the big bad wolves.  Not me that pointed it out, it was Hibs fan.  Only commented as is my right on the message board.  Now.  What can you call me this time, or my mum, or my dad.  I have a dog also if you want to resort to that?  Happy Sunday.  You will be looking forward to the Big Walk in Aberdeen this year I take it ❤️

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I would rather have a joke and banter than some of the things we all witness pal.  Time the fun was back in football.  We have a decent product this season.  The fans need to step up to the mark and make it fun.  The clubs as well.  Any shit that happens in a sectarian way, get them banned.  It's not rocket science.

It's not rocket science to say it, but its not good for Scottish football, if it's the kind of banter that makes good managers glad to see the back of Scotland.

Edited by exile

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Poor from them but within the rules I suppose.

I'd rather talk about young Henderson's performance than them. Very impressive. Hell of a free kick from Eduoard as well. Good to see him back among the goals, also with a rare header too.

Listened to it on the wireless.  Stupid laddie doing that for Motherwell.  They should have let Celtic walk the ball in to the net after that one.

1 minute ago, exile said:

It's not good for Scottish football, if it's the kind of banter that makes good managers glad to see the back of Scotland.

You are going to get banners anyway exile.  I would rather see one with a bit of irony/humour than the usual pish.  What happened last week with Kris Boyd and Brendan Rodgers may well turn out to be a good thing as it has refocused us on doing something about it.  It's unacceptable.  I truly think the clubs have to take responsibility now.  The game is getting better and for the game up here to flourish the clubs need to do better.