This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 153 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

If people down play the issue they validate it. 

It could easily be eradicated through education and proper punishments handed out to clubs but there's no appetite to stamp it out. 

I’m trying to look at it objectively, so when people claim Scotland is rife with sectarianism i think that should be challenged. 

I don’t know about education, especially with those who hold these opinions as adults, but yeah the clubs should be identifying the trouble makers and banning them. 

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m trying to look at it objectively, so when people claim Scotland is rife with sectarianism i think that should be challenged. 

I don’t know about education, especially with those who hold these opinions as adults, but yeah the clubs should be identifying the trouble makers and banning them. 

The solution of banning individuals is impossible to implement when 50k are belting out the hymn sheet. 

Shutting stands, closing stadiums and point deductions will soon see it stop. Putting the club's in he spotlight and shaming them for it is the way forward 

34 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Ok well if he means he's not had it personally then I suppose that could be true. But sounds like he's implying that it's worse here than over here, which simply isn't true.

I also don't believe it's as big a problem as here as some people make out. Other than having songs sung at football, and the odd run in with an orange walk, being Catholic in Scotland hasn't affected me much and I'm 33.

Ideally the songs (and the orange order) would go away, but i don't think Scotland is this hotbed of sectarianism that some people hysterically make out after a few chants by morons at a football game. I doubt most of them even care outside the football either tbh.

Good post. It is not as bad and has never affected my life or those of my catholic family and friends. A bit of slagging and banter no more. But there is an issue at OF games. That cant be ignored. I agree with vanderark that the only way is to punish the clubs to get them to take more responsibliity.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/kids-look-woman-attacks-another-11356325

Don't know if this particular incident was a sectarian thing or not but note the school signs. This is a joint campus in Wishaw catholic/non denominational. When it was built the council put up two poles, the name of one school above the other. There were serveral complaints prejudice against one school, etc. The council had to come out put up another two poles so the names were at an equal height. According to staff the kids get on fine but the parents are a problem. They have also noticed since the schools joined the parents turning up in Rangers/Celtic tops to collect kids has increased significantly (look at me, you need to know what I am). 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

You’ve obviously never been to Tynecastle, Pitoddrie or even Peterhead for that matter.

Pittodrie has a problem with sectarianism? really? I can't wait to hear this. Please elaborate

I have already acknowledged Hearts have a problem but nothing compared the scale of celtic and rangers. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Pittodrie has a problem with sectarianism? really? I can't wait to hear this. Please elaborate

I have already acknowledged Hearts have a problem but nothing compared the scale of celtic and rangers. 

Easter Road Stadium, September 2018, League Cup Quarter-Final.

Aberdeen progress through on penalties and the away fans celebrate by singing Cheer up Neil Lennon(fenian bastard version) Billy Boys also got an airing that night.

Red Huns

Edited by DoonTheSlope

42 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Aberdeen progress through on penalties and the away fans celebrate by singing Cheer up Neil Lennon(fenian bastard version) Billy Boys also got an airing that night.

Red Huns

can't comment on the fenian part but that billy boys is lies

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/kids-look-woman-attacks-another-11356325

Don't know if this particular incident was a sectarian thing or not but note the school signs. This is a joint campus in Wishaw catholic/non denominational. When it was built the council put up two poles, the name of one school above the other. There were serveral complaints prejudice against one school, etc. The council had to come out put up another two poles so the names were at an equal height. According to staff the kids get on fine but the parents are a problem. They have also noticed since the schools joined the parents turning up in Rangers/Celtic tops to collect kids has increased significantly (look at me, you need to know what I am). 

If you're wearing a football top when not playing or attending a game there's something wrong with you. 

These are football teams not cultural lifestyle choices. 

Sad, sad bastards. 

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Red Huns

You mean you never heard the entire away end belting out the sash too? Loud and proud. 

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Red Huns

Fenian (possibly/probably)

Billy boys??? That’s just a down right fucking lie, we both know it. You’ve made yourself look very silly here 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Anyway back on topic, enjoying a nice weekend in Edinburgh, will be attending Tyncastle today more in hope than expectation, would be delighted if we could have a repeat of last weeks point at Pittodrie.

C’mon The Murn

Another away draw to a top 6 side. Got to be pleased with that after recent performances?

Survibed the kids party and had a wee cheer in the car on the way home when I heard the result. 

Hope you've enjoyed your day out in "foreign" climes. 😉

39 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Cheers Gents, I’m a tad drunk now, thought we deserved at least a point, had resingned myself to relegation, now I’m not too sure. 

Byraway, fucking love Edinburgh ❤️

Get tae sleep ya drunken bass and nae snoring!

22 hours ago, macy37 said:

You’ve obviously never been to Tynecastle, Pitoddrie or even Peterhead for that matter.

bollox - most aberdeen fans are likely protestant, but  would not be able to prove, because it's not even a conversation that in Aberdeen have with friends or colleagues

anyway's - one of the last times there was an Organge Walk in Aberdeen they got chased off by Aberdeen fans

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12142256.orange-marchers-jeered-on-return-to-aberdeen-streets/   

Aberdeen fans bait Celtic or Rangers with whatever will get a rise out of them 

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

bollox - most aberdeen fans are likely protestant, but  would not be able to prove, because it's not even a conversation that in Aberdeen have with friends or colleagues

anyway's - one of the last times there was an Organge Walk in Aberdeen they got chased off by Aberdeen fans

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12142256.orange-marchers-jeered-on-return-to-aberdeen-streets/   

Aberdeen fans bait Celtic or Rangers with whatever will get a rise out of them 

Rangers fans will bait opposition players/managers with whatever will get a rise out of them, seems to have worked extremely well against Killie 😏