This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 149 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's only the talking point because the media are hurting hun bastards who want to exaggerate it and talk about it for days. Anything to keep sevco and their slump out the news.

Everyone condemns coin throwing, the seats will be paid for and fixed, no cunt cares about smoke bombs (unless it's Celtic fans throwing them) and anyone who doesn't partake in IRA songs at away games shouldn't be allowed a ticket.

No cunt died so you can stop with the pretend outrage now.

Aye, that's the answer.  Let the seats get fixed every 2nd week.  Perfect solution.  The smoke bombs melted part of the plastic pitch.  Ans I think you will find quite a few folk died in the songs about the IRA.  Or maybe I am wrong 😎

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

You didn't go to the game but you passed your ticket on to some dickhead, well you should still be held accountable for passing your ticket on to a dickhead who trashed a seat.

You sell your ticket to your pal who in turn goes to stand with his pals. A roaster comes along and takes the spare seat before trashing it. Aye, losing your season book sounds like a fair outcome to that scenario.

Didn't quote the rest as it was a different argument, and one that I agree with you on.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

8 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You sell your ticket to your pal who in turn goes to stand with his pals. A roaster comes along and takes the spare seat before trashing it. Aye, losing your season book sounds like a fair outcome to that scenario.

Didn't quote the rest as it was a different argument, and one that I agree with you on.

I appreciate that is draconian but in that case you will have a very serious conversation with your mate, and if he has anything about himself, he'll take responsibility and hold his hands up.

Until this season, I had a season ticket at Chelsea for the last 20 years.  Part of the T&Cs was that if I passed that ticket on to someone who caused trouble I'd be held accountable for it and could potentially lose my ticket.  That's all I'm suggesting is extended to away tickets - obviously only works if it's an allocated row and seat but I imagine that's the majority.

It's stop any "overcrowding" as it would mean people would sit in their allocated seat.

23 minutes ago, aaid said:

I appreciate that is draconian but in that case you will have a very serious conversation with your mate, and if he has anything about himself, he'll take responsibility and hold his hands up.

Until this season, I had a season ticket at Chelsea for the last 20 years.  Part of the T&Cs was that if I passed that ticket on to someone who caused trouble I'd be held accountable for it and could potentially lose my ticket.  That's all I'm suggesting is extended to away tickets - obviously only works if it's an allocated row and seat but I imagine that's the majority.

It's stop any "overcrowding" as it would mean people would sit in their allocated seat.

Draconian is the only way all of this crap stops.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Why must you turn the tamb into a house of lies?

Are you saying there wasn't games under Ronnie/lennon when the Moffat was completely closed?

No lies this end, i'll leave that to you lot.

Breaking seats was due to the last minute goal seemingly. Must have been our last minute goal that saw seats smashed up in the Celtic end back in September then?

Killie 2 Celtic 2 12th August 2015 - Att 6,090

Killie 0 Celtic 1 19 March 2016 Att 6,867

Killie 0 Celtic 2 5th January 2015 Att 5,329

That's the two seasons before Rodgers took over, remind me who was boss then?

Killie -0 Celtic 1 17th February 2019 Att 11,916.

I'll stick to facts, you can do whatever you want.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

The overcrowding facilitates the seat smashing and other bad behaviour rather than causing it.

The home clubs could employ more stewards in these areas to enforce allocated seating etc. but understandably stewards don’t want to wade in to a squad of neds who will all try to provoke them with their phone at the ready to record any reaction. (Well st mirren/Morton’s do but that’s a different story).

Motherwell fans smashed a load of seats at Hamilton at New year. Most condemned the bawbag behaviour and a handful tried to blame Dougie Imrie.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are you saying there wasn't games under Ronnie/lennon when the Moffat was completely closed?

Breaking seats was due to the last minute goal seemingly. Must have been our last minute goal that saw seats smashed up in the Celtic end back in September then?

Not under Ronnie, which is what you said. And there was never a time we "couldn't fill one stand", even for dead rubber games.

No idea about broken chairs in September, I missed the game due to being in Riga. Maybe there was loads though, and Kilmarnock just forget to mention them because they won.

Same with the smoke bombs last season when Killie won 1-0. Obviously these thing are only dangerous when Celtic win the match. 

Just now, Scotland Ever More said:

No idea about broken chairs in September, I missed the game due to being in Riga. Maybe there was loads though, and Kilmarnock just forget to mention them because they won.

Same with the smoke bombs last season when Killie won 1-0. Obviously these thing are only dangerous when Celtic win the match. 

Maybe Killie gave Celtic the benefit of the doubt and just had enough after Sunday?

There was far more smoke bombs on sunday than any previous visit. None of pur players were hit with coins before either. They did get bigoted chants aimed at them in the past. Club should have chinned the "club open to all" on that too last night.

On 2/17/2019 at 11:29 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

That's a pretty damn good run of form Motherwell are on now and with young Scottish players being key to that run of form. :ok:

Will Stephen Robinson stick with these lads in the starting XI by the start of next season however ?

Or will he drop them to the bench or loan them out and replace them with half a dozen crap League One and Two players from England because "experience" is better than talent ?

Motherwell fans what do you think ?

It’s a weird one. Up until December we were mostly dreadful, with the odd flash of mediocre.

After the Ross County defeat in the cup, I felt the season was over. We were well clear of relegation, but a mile off top 6. Now all of a sudden we’re looking at Hibs, hearts and St Johnstone instead of Dundee, st Mirren and Hamilton.

Turnbull has been excellent since he broke into the team, he’s chipped in with important goals, but his all round play is excellent. He just looks a class act. We’ve known about him for a few years, but couldn’t have hoped for a better start to his senior career.

Hastie has come from nowhere a bit. I don’t follow the reserves closely, but he wasn’t on my radar at all. Was recalled from a loan in January and has grabbed his chance with both hands. His strikes against St Mirren and Hearts are top class.

Perhaps under no real pressure for the players and with little to lose for Robinson our dead runner of a season has benefited these boys and let them shine.

Throw in Campbell and Cadden well on his way back, there’s a lot to be excited about.

Who’d have thought the January transfer at fir park that would light up our season would be a recalled youth player, rather than the £12 million man that’s hardly kicked a ball.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Some Celtic fans on this thread really need to take a look at themselves.

Is it really too hard to just say the truth, the constant deflection and denial is pathetic.

YouTube or it didnae happen

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Some Celtic fans on this thread really need to take a look at themselves.

Is it really too hard to just say the truth, the constant deflection and denial is pathetic.

Its been a few days where there's no point in even replying to them because they've made an ass of themselves. 

2 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Aberdeen invoiced Rangers for damage to 200 seats after the last game...... I look forward to the tamb outrage on this 

Based on my last visit to the shithole away end at pittodrie, I’m amazed there were 200 that weren’t already broken.

:lol:

I don’t get folk breaking seats whether they support Celtic, Rangers or Motherwell. It’s a ridiculous thing to do...

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Killie 2 Celtic 2 12th August 2015 - Att 6,090

Killie 0 Celtic 1 19 March 2016 Att 6,867

Killie 0 Celtic 2 5th January 2015 Att 5,329

That's the two seasons before Rodgers took over, remind me who was boss then?

Killie -0 Celtic 1 17th February 2019 Att 11,916.

I'll stick to facts, you can do whatever you want.

Imagine how wee the home support was for they matches. 

7 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Aberdeen invoiced Rangers for damage to 200 seats after the last game...... I look forward to the tamb outrage on this 

Ignoring the desperate whataboutery of this post and as I've already said, utterly pathetic vandalism like this is disgusting. 

Only an animal gets their kicks in damaging other people's property. 

I have absolutely no issue in condemning these idiots. 

It's just a pity so many Celtic fans want to excuse their away support for the same thing. 

If you give them excuses then they'll keep doing it. If they aren't punished propey they'll keep doing it. 

All tickets used to come with effectively good behaviour clauses so quite happy for the entire group to be recharged for the damage. Maybe then folk would intervene or just learn to act like normal human beings. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ignoring the desperate whataboutery of this post and as I've already said, utterly pathetic vandalism like this is disgusting. 

Only an animal gets their kicks in damaging other people's property. 

I have absolutely no issue in condemning these idiots. 

It's just a pity so many Celtic fans want to excuse their away support for the same thing. 

If you give them excuses then they'll keep doing it. If they aren't punished propey they'll keep doing it. 

All tickets used to come with effectively good behaviour clauses so quite happy for the entire group to be recharged for the damage. Maybe then folk would intervene or just learn to act like normal human beings. 

I find it amusing that you are pretending to care as much.

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

the outcome of the board meeting was that both Celtic and Rangers will be getting the Chadwick Stand only from now on.

If so then Celtic fans being cunts has done us a favour.

Seems a bit unfair to penalise Rangers fans for Celtic's vandalism.

Maybe if we treated one half different from the other the penny might drop with these eejits.

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I find it amusing that you are pretending to care as much.

I find it pathetic that a grown man (I'm assuming you are an adult) thinks vandalism is funny. Or that anyone would promote singing sectarian songs. 

You obviously enjoy football but are happy to take part in all of the worst excesses of the crowd mentality half wits. 

I don't need to say anymore as your own posts show you up, time and again. 

14 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Seems a bit unfair to penalise Rangers fans for Celtic's vandalism.

Maybe if we treated one half different from the other the penny might drop with these eejits.

If only that would happen but its scottish fitba, you can't mention one without the other.