This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 147 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

17 hours ago, slasher said:

That's not really what happens. People tend to squeeze in tightly from other areas, I suppose it recreates the old terracing feel. Anyway I don't doubt some of it is malicious but it's not always the case.

16 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You'd need to have some kick to mangle a row of seats. It's caused from overcrowding and people putting more pressure on the seats by having their foot on them for balance when there's several people squeezing up. 

You can believe what you like I suppose, but only one of us actually witnessed it happening at the time, and it wasn't you.

So the partisan would have us believe while everyone was celebrating the last minute winner in overcrowded stand, you were actually watching an area of about 250 seats and noting how each was damaged.

Again sort of shit Jim Traynor would come out with. Reminds me of TT trying to tell us that from his seat he could see that Mulgrew initiated the Lafferty headbutt.

44 minutes ago, phart said:

So the partisan would have us believe while everyone was celebrating the last minute winner in overcrowded stand, you were actually watching an area of about 250 seats and noting how each was damaged.

Again sort of shit Jim Traynor would come out with. Reminds me of TT trying to tell us that from his seat he could see that Mulgrew initiated the Lafferty headbutt.

I never said I noted how each of them were damaged. I was celebrating as well then after things calmed down there was rows that were completely mangled.

Now you might want to believe that, instead of celebrating the goal, we had a team of stealthy vandals who decided to break the chairs of a team that nobody gives a fuck about in terms of rivalry (after having over 90 minutes to do just that already) and that's up to you. You're living in a fantasy land if you genuinely do though.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

6 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I never said I noted how each of them were damaged. I was celebrating as well then after things calmed down there was rows that were completely mangled.

Now you might want to believe that, instead of celebrating the goal, we had a team of stealthy vandals who decided to break the chairs of a team that nobody gives a fuck about in terms of rivalry (after having over 90 minutes to do just that already) and that's up to you. You're living in a fantasy land if you genuinely do though.

Ask Motherwell what the GFITW do to their seats at every game.  Whether they win or not.  Whether they are rivals or not.  Must admit I heard a few IRA songs even I hadn't heard of yesterday.  Their reprtt, repertiou, rapertee,...  Their song book is growing.  But only a minority who had loudspeakers.

12 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ask Motherwell what the GFITW do to their seats at every game.  Whether they win or not.  Whether they are rivals or not.  Must admit I heard a few IRA songs even I hadn't heard of yesterday.  Their reprtt, repertiou, rapertee,...  Their song book is growing.  But only a minority who had loudspeakers.

Motherwell wasn’t deliberate because there’s no rivalry and nobody gives a fuck about them ....

59 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

How did you deduce that they were IRA songs?

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I just find in a balance or probabilities that it is more likely some of the chairs were damaged maliciously rather than it being a case of over-exuberant celebrations.

If this is contrued as living in fantasy land then so be it, personally I feel i do OK when it comes to figuring out the truths of things.

I could be wrong though, I c an accept that. So could you though.

Areas were apparantly overcrowded, obviously that's the fault of the minimum wage stewards for not doing their jobs properly, nothing at all to do with supposedly grown adults who choose to go and stand in areas where they don't have tickets and make the area overcrowded.

I'll tell you what would stop it, if Celtic - or any other team with a similar problem - wrote to everyone who was issued a ticket for each seat that was damaged and told them they wouldn't be receiving any more away tickets, and assuming they're a season ticket holder, cancelling their season ticket for the rest of the season. 

Won't happen though.  

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Areas were apparantly overcrowded, obviously that's the fault of the minimum wage stewards for not doing their jobs properly, nothing at all to do with supposedly grown adults who choose to go and stand in areas where they don't have tickets and make the area overcrowded.

I'll tell you what would stop it, if Celtic - or any other team with a similar problem - wrote to everyone who was issued a ticket for each seat that was damaged and told them they wouldn't be receiving any more away tickets, and assuming they're a season ticket holder, cancelling their season ticket for the rest of the season. 

Won't happen though.  

Correct. Or being responsible for any damages financially. Some people just don’t give a shit about stadium damage if they aren’t paying for it. 

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Correct. Or being responsible for any damages financially. Some people just don’t give a shit about stadium damage if they aren’t paying for it. 

That would be good as well although probably too difficult to make that stick, legally , however if you took the steps I outlined, told everyone in advance that was what you would do - so there's no surprises - and made it part of the T&Cs of buying tickets then you'd eradicate the problem completely.

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

Won't happen though.  

Going by the photos surely it is the person sitting directly behind that would be responsible and not the seat holder unless it was only the bottom part of the seat damaged.

24 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Going by the photos surely it is the person sitting directly behind that would be responsible and not the seat holder unless it was only the bottom part of the seat damaged.

In those cases then you take action against the person with the seat behind.

The whole point is to make the whole support view it as something that is anti social, comes at a cost which may well impact them directly.   If the guy behind you is clambering all over your seat, you're going to do something about it, either directly or will get the stewards to get them out.   

Edited by aaid

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Tough.  The whole point is to make the whole support view it as something that is anti social, comes at a cost which may well impact them directly.   If the guy behind you is clambering all over your seat, you're going to do something about it, either directly or will get the stewards to get them out.   

You have me thinking now, would you be happy if your company paid lots of money for advertising only for some clown to hang a massive flag over it? Completely off topic I know..

8 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I don't think it's a defence as such, merely just giving one reason seats have ended up damaged. Lots of people don't tend to sit on their allocated seat which leads to areas being congested.

And that doesn't happen at Hampden?Dont remember any masses of broken seats amongst the TA even during exciting games. 

It's basically just the poor behaviour of the Celtic away fans. Let's be honest about it. 

I understand that Kris Boyd was hit by a coin and there were also smoke bombs or flares set off. Its not the first time for Celtic fans to do this, is it? 

10 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

You have me thinking now, would you be happy if your company paid lots of money for advertising only for some clown to hang a massive flag over it? Completely off topic I know..

I've been in a few grounds where stewards have taken down flags for exactly that reason   

7 minutes ago, phart said:

probably jumping about on top of them.

Exactly. It's knobheads who don't give a fuck about anyone else or anyone else's property. 

They'd be the first to point the finger if other fans did the same to their stadium. 

I cannot for the life of me understand anyone doing this, or indeed damaging toilets etc. Just mindless thugs. 

And I'm perfectly aware it's not just Celtic fans. My comments apply to fans of any club behaving in this way. Just to head of the whataboutery shite that's bound to be on the way. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Exactly. It's knobheads who don't give a fuck about anyone else or anyone else's property. 

They'd be the first to point the finger if other fans did the same to their stadium. 

I cannot for the life of me understand anyone doing this, or indeed damaging toilets etc. Just mindless thugs. 

And I'm perfectly aware it's not just Celtic fans. My comments apply to fans of any club behaving in this way. Just to head of the whataboutery shite that's bound to be on the way. 

Some high horses been unmounted in the last 24hrs. 

ps, Celtic never won anything yesterday other than a game of football.

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Celtic have had so much practice winning you'd think they would be better at it.

Reckless disregard for shit that isn't yours is just toxic behaviour.

47 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And that doesn't happen at Hampden?Dont remember any masses of broken seats amongst the TA even during exciting games. 

It's basically just the poor behaviour of the Celtic away fans. Let's be honest about it. 

I understand that Kris Boyd was hit by a coin and there were also smoke bombs or flares set off. Its not the first time for Celtic fans to do this, is it? 

I've seen plenty of seats broken at Hampden, especially after the England goals.

Difference being is that there isn't areas of Hampden as overcrowded as yesterday. You can bash on pretending to be upset about broken seats if you like though.

12 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I've seen plenty of seats broken at Hampden, especially after the England goals.

Difference being is that there isn't areas of Hampden as overcrowded as yesterday. You can bash on pretending to be upset about broken seats if you like though.

So if the seats were broken because areas were overcrowded - who is responsible for the overcrowding?