This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 146 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sorry you cannot accept your support has utter cretins in it.

Shame as most Celtic fans pre match in the boozer were spot on.

Of course we do but that doesn't mean the seats were broke intentionally. The row 2 down from me was absolutely mangled but I could see with my own eyes that it wasn't done on purpose. 

Stuff being thrown at players is bang out of order but I'm not going to go along with the myth that we wait until visits to rugby park twice a season for out seat breaking fix. If that was the case then the Broomloan and Roseburn would have been burned to the ground by now FFS, not Kilmarnock that nobody really has any feeling toward.

I had managed to convince myself that Rangers fans were the biggest fannies in Scottish football. But the Celtic bigots have managed to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory yesterday. 

What an embarrassing shower of bigoted vandals.

Fun game of football right enough, despite the result. Not much between the teams and red card made all the difference. Not sure it would have been up to much on telly, but who cares.

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's a pretty damn good run of form Motherwell are on now and with young Scottish players being key to that run of form. :ok:

Will Stephen Robinson stick with these lads in the starting XI by the start of next season however ?

Or will he drop them to the bench or loan them out and replace them with half a dozen crap League One and Two players from England because "experience" is better than talent ?

Motherwell fans what do you think ?

Ross County knocking us out the cup seems to have been the turning point. Heard a rumour Robinson handed his resignation in after that game but club refused to accept it. Since then our style of play has changed greatly. From the start of the season till the cup exit we were brutal to watch. Turnball has signed a contract extension and hopefully Hastie will use his brain and follow suit. Don't want another Paul Slane or Lee Irwin scenario where they left too soon in their careers. 

Edited by Och Aye

19 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Two titles secured yesterday then. A great day all round:)

Yes, it certainly looks that way.

You have still got Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers to play before the split though have you not? So expecting you to lose a few games. Unlikely Rangers are good enough to capitalise though.

21 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Yes, it certainly looks that way.

You have still got Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers to play before the split though have you not? So expecting you to lose a few games. Unlikely Rangers are good enough to capitalise though.

We're definitely not consistent enough to capitalise. The only way we'll catch Celtic now is if they get complacent, which with their European games finishing on Thursday, I just can't see happening. 

Bizarre defence of Celtic fans by saying the problem was over crowding. That would be overcrowding caused by.... Celtic fans. I didn't think Rugby Park was that scary that you all need to huddle together for safety. 🤔

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We're definitely not consistent enough to capitalise. The only way we'll catch Celtic now is if they get complacent, which with their European games finishing on Thursday, I just can't see happening. 

Bizarre defence of Celtic fans by saying the problem was over crowding. That would be overcrowding caused by.... Celtic fans. I didn't think Rugby Park was that scary that you all need to huddle together for safety. 🤔

I don't think it's a defence as such, merely just giving one reason seats have ended up damaged. Lots of people don't tend to sit on their allocated seat which leads to areas being congested.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's a pretty damn good run of form Motherwell are on now and with young Scottish players being key to that run of form. :ok:

Will Stephen Robinson stick with these lads in the starting XI by the start of next season however ?

Or will he drop them to the bench or loan them out and replace them with half a dozen crap League One and Two players from England because "experience" is better than talent ?

Motherwell fans what do you think ?

The young lads are in with the bricks now...Allan Campbell has been a mainstay in the team for two seasons now, Hasties impact since coming back from Alloa has been electric, while Davie Turnbull looks to be the cream of the crop, a player that just oozes class.

Guest faircity
13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Too busy concentrating on breathing out their mouths to see where they were going, accidents happen. 

However with the settlement they can afford to employ more stewards in high-viz jackets to guide them along safely. 

18 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

The young lads are in with the bricks now...Allan Campbell has been a mainstay in the team for two seasons now, Hasties impact since coming back from Alloa has been electric, while Davie Turnbull looks to be the cream of the crop, a player that just oozes class.

Great to see James Scott breaking into the 1st team too. 

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Of course we do but that doesn't mean the seats were broke intentionally. The row 2 down from me was absolutely mangled but I could see with my own eyes that it wasn't done on purpose. 

Stuff being thrown at players is bang out of order but I'm not going to go along with the myth that we wait until visits to rugby park twice a season for out seat breaking fix. If that was the case then the Broomloan and Roseburn would have been burned to the ground by now FFS, not Kilmarnock that nobody really has any feeling toward.

Roseburn.  Seats smashed, ball boys attacked, kiosks raided, all by Celtic fans. 

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Were you out drinking with your hun without the bus fare mates last night? You and mental Gordon singing simply the best on karaoke?

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sorry you cannot accept your support has utter cretins in it.

Shame as most Celtic fans pre match in the boozer were spot on.

divorce-1021280_960_720.png.4cee81c060997c40e29be71a129fa64e.png

37 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Ball boys attacked? What?! :blink: I feel like that wasn't reported very well if that happened.

That's because it didn't happen. Last time I heard it was Celtic fans shouting orange bastards at the balls boys, but I see that has now escalated to an attack. Give it another season or two and we'll be upgraded to have murdered a few of them.

Same with the kiosks being raided, another one of those twitter stories that has escalated, or the  Lidl carrier bag of shite that was apparently thrown at Stranraer fans, posted by a parody account but now taken as an unquestionable fact by halfwits

38 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

That's because it didn't happen. Last time I heard it was Celtic fans shouting orange bastards at the balls boys, but I see that has now escalated to an attack. Give it another season or two and we'll be upgraded to have murdered a few of them.

Same with the kiosks being raided, another one of those twitter stories that has escalated, or the  Lidl carrier bag of shite that was apparently thrown at Stranraer fans, posted by a parody account but now taken as an unquestionable fact by halfwits

Anyone arrested over the whole “Beaton affair” yet? No??

18 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Do other clubs have trouble with overcrowding in the stand because people migrate over to be with their ultras, then score last minute winners?

This is called being a partisan.

Aye the overcrowding lit the pitch on fire and melted bits of it and buckled the chairs. Last minute winner did nothing, it;s the folks in the stands that did it.

Sorry i drapped the nut on you then booted you in the face while you were lying down, it's just we were overcrowded and scored a last minute winner.

Exact same non-sequitur pish that Jim Traynor would come up with from the other side.

We went on the pitch to defend our players...

partisans eh?