This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 137 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

55 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

For the same reason Darnell Johnson has been cited despite being booked in the same game 

However there’s no comparison. Browns was a mistimed tackle that got the yellow it deserved while the other was an assault that didn’t get the red it deserved.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, Scotland Ever More said:

Is it true that Kris Boyd was at Pittodrie while his own team was playing at Dens?

Apparently its not compulsory for players not fit or suspended to attend away games. Across the board according to Mark Wilson on Clyde 1.

They do have to attend home games. 

Didn't know that but hadn't really thought about it as I'm not that bothered by other clubs players. 

12 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Justice has been served surprisingly, rangers should now be cited for appealing obviously correct reds.

To be fair most clubs have been doing that as its been a successful way of avoiding bans so far. 😉

15 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Brown on Milligan resulted in a booking and he’s not been cited

Simunivic on Shaw has hardly, If at all been mentioned anywhere never mind cited

That useless cunt Ollie Burke’s dive hasn’t been cited either, a complete embarrassment of a footballer after that incident 

A dreadful state of affairs

I went and watched the Celtic v Hibs highlights after this comment, a thing I don't normally do, to see what you meant. 

Interestingly the Brown tackle isn't on the BBC highlights. 

I can't understand why Simunovic hasn't been cited as it was a perfect example of endangering an opponent. Also why he felt he had to do that in the first place when the striker is going nowhere. 

Burkes dive is also not featured but I've seen it elsewhere and it makes Defoe’s dive look good. Dear oh dear but that even makes the famous Kris Boyd belly flop look half decent. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Apparently its not compulsory for players not fit or suspended to attend away games. Across the board according to Mark Wilson on Clyde 1.

They do have to attend home games. 

Didn't know that but hadn't really thought about it as I'm not that bothered by other clubs players. 

I'm not bothered either but If I was a Kilmarnock fan I'd be a little annoyed.

It may not be compulsory for them, but surely a proper professional would want to be there to support his colleagues?

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I'm not bothered either but If I was a Kilmarnock fan I'd be a little annoyed.

It may not be compulsory for them, but surely a proper professional would want to be there to support his colleagues?

It's probably not a big deal. The issue is Boyd was on TV at another game. Most players are probably watching the game in their own living rooms and we just don't know it. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's probably not a big deal. The issue is Boyd was on TV at another game. Most players are probably watching the game in their own living rooms and we just don't know it. 

Aye no big deal, probably.

On a totally unrelated note, remember a few seasons ago there was a wee teenage hun player that liked Scott Brown's pic on Instagram and there was a petition to get him sacked? Think his name was Taig Sympathiser, or something similar.

15 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Aye no big deal, probably.

On a totally unrelated note, remember a few seasons ago there was a wee teenage hun player that liked Scott Brown's pic on Instagram and there was a petition to get him sacked? Think his name was Taig Sympathiser, or something similar.

And these 2 things are connected how? 

Ive no doubt there's daft or nasty things done by knuckledraggers on a regular basis. What's your point? 

On Thursday, February 07, 2019 at 9:08 AM, vanderark14 said:

right enough, boyd was on SS being his usual one man rangers cheerleading squad

On Thursday, February 07, 2019 at 9:21 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye I heard that.

The sooner his contract is up in May, the better.

On Thursday, February 07, 2019 at 9:28 AM, dandydunn said:

I’d be pretty pissed off if one of my players was at another game when his own team are playing. He’s taking the team and supporters for absolute mugs. 

On Friday, February 08, 2019 at 8:24 AM, Scotland Ever More said:

Is it true that Kris Boyd was at Pittodrie while his own team was playing at Dens?

On Friday, February 08, 2019 at 2:49 PM, sbcmfc said:

What’s the story with this Killie fans?

Was he injured or suspended?

Surely he’d at least be on the bench otherwise.

Or is playing for Killie just a hobby when he’s not doing his main job, talking shite about Rangers.

Come to think of it, he would’ve been suspended for his completely unnecessary OTT challenge on Shinnie.... (conspiracy theory brewing...)

On Friday, February 08, 2019 at 3:01 PM, kumnio said:

He was suspended after the Shinnie incident.

But, Id of thought he should have been on club duty, not hun cheerleading.

Clarke, meanwhile, said it was his idea for suspended striker Kris Boyd to work as a Sky TV pundit at the Aberdeen-Rangers game on Wednesday rather than attend Killie's 2-2 draw at Dens Park the same evening.

'I asked him to go and do the game so we could have a look at the next opposition,' said Clarke.

'I couldn't get anyone else to the game, so it was two birds with one stone.. I believe some people on social media have been trying to make it an issue.

'It isn't an issue because he was working for me. He went there with my blessing to have half an eye on our next opponents.'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6684857/amp/Kilmarnocks-Steve-Clarke-hits-Steven-Gerrard-Rangers-boss-claimed-lacked-class.html

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Clarke, meanwhile, said it was his idea for suspended striker Kris Boyd to work as a Sky TV pundit at the Aberdeen-Rangers game on Wednesday rather than attend Killie's 2-2 draw at Dens Park the same evening.

'I asked him to go and do the game so we could have a look at the next opposition,' said Clarke.

'I couldn't get anyone else to the game, so it was two birds with one stone.. I believe some people on social media have been trying to make it an issue.

'It isn't an issue because he was working for me. He went there with my blessing to have half an eye on our next opponents.'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6684857/amp/Kilmarnocks-Steve-Clarke-hits-Steven-Gerrard-Rangers-boss-claimed-lacked-class.html

seems sensible. 

3 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

seems sensible. 

Not on his board kid.  He was called all the scumbags of the day when it happened.  But now that Clarke has clarified it don't expect any apologies on here.  He is ex-Hun so guilty of everything.  Even when Stevie Clarke comes out and explains the truth.  That won't matter.  It's all about the Rangers.  Scotland Forever.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Boyd is still a scum bag regardless of whether he was there to watch rangers. That's like Christmas and birthdays all at once for him, he gets to work with his manager's blessing and watch his beloved at the same time.

I think "scum bag"is mibbe a bit harsh, no?

16 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

he has raised awareness (and raised a lot of money) for those suffering from mental health issues. not the actions of a scum-bag in my book. 

Don't you be going him that.  Boyd is a pure scum bag in yon boys mind.  No changing that.  Why do people on here get allowed to call people scum bags?  Only asking?

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

he has raised awareness (and raised a lot of money) for those suffering from mental health issues. not the actions of a scum-bag in my book. 

There's plenty scum bags who've raised money for charity. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Don't you be going him that.  Boyd is a pure scum bag in yon boys mind.  No changing that.  Why do people on here get allowed to call people scum bags?  Only asking?

Please just fuck off back to follow follow you stupid hun troll