This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 122 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Don’t think you can judge a tackle on a still image (although that one is pretty damning)...

Yeah... the history between the two, and the studs up challenge (intent)...

Probably get over-turned. 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

...but the 2nd pic is a foul.

McGinn was through.

We've seen them given, and we've seen them not given.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Boyd tackle...

18347511.jpg

Penalty claim...

18347459.jpg

The balls already been played and is nearly past Boyd, shows how late the tackle was. Gonna be a sore one with 16-17 stone behind the lunge.

Looks like a penalty but ref 's view might have been blocked so couldn't give it if he didn't see it clearly, but his assistant should have.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

You can see in Boyd's face and his reaction afterwards exactly what he was trying to do. A prick of a man. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=durrant+tackle&client=ms-android-vf-gb-revc&prmd=ivmn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwicopiUtJHgAhXtURUIHeUiB7IQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&cshid=1548710718698&biw=360&bih=621#imgrc=jmBOdV4ORQPaGM

Aye, you can tell by the look on his face right enough. 

Guest faircity
3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Imagine a Hun commenting on tackles when you list Souness as an icon. One of the dirtiest cunts that ever kicked a ball. 

13 minutes ago, faircity said:

Imagine a Hun commenting on tackles when you list Souness as an icon. One of the dirtiest cunts that ever kicked a ball. 

I don't list Souness as an icon. I was merely pointing out that an Aberdeen fan commenting a player being a prick for a bad challenge is just a wee bit rich, considering the history. 

People in glass houses etc. 

It's the sort of pish that gets thrown at Rangers fans regularly on here. 

Guest faircity
58 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't list Souness as an icon. I was merely pointing out that an Aberdeen fan commenting a player being a prick for a bad challenge is just a wee bit rich, considering the history. 

Im merely throwing it back. I didn't mean you personally in regards to Souness by the way. 

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think you should stop trashing cities, stabbing people, celebrating the death of catholic’s and concentrate on your own team 👍🏽

See, I can do it too, not everyone celebrates that challenge. 

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Never even noticed you had posted this RB.  Great minds and all that.  Do you think we will get a measured response from Parklife?  

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How about I post a photo of McMaster when he got his throat stamped on by a rabid hun, remember when McMaster had to be given the kiss of life on the park, it’s was deliberate too, the hun admitted it. We don’t get to hear much about it though. Wonder why that is?

Actually i won’t post it, I’ll leave you to the whataboutery.

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I think you should stop trashing cities, stabbing people, celebrating the death of catholic’s and concentrate on your own team 👍🏽

See, I can do it too, not everyone celebrates that challenge. 

And that was only pre season🤣

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

A shocking tackle also. 

Not sure of it's relevance though, you'll have to elaborate there. Are you suggesting that an Aberdeen fan can't comment on any bad tackle ever because 30 years ago an Aberdeen player made a bad tackle? I hope that's not what you're suggesting, as that'd be pretty fucking stupid :lol: 

18 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

The balls already been played and is nearly past Boyd, shows how late the tackle was. Gonna be a sore one with 16-17 stone behind the lunge.

Looks like a penalty but ref 's view might have been blocked so couldn't give it if he didn't see it clearly, but his assistant should have.

Boyd to me looks like he is trying to pull out of it tbh.  He has the look of Frankie Howerd going in to a tackle.  Or yon gay guy from Are You Being served.  Centre Forwards in my experience couldn't tackle a haggis supper.  I doubt if Boyd meant to hurt the player.  Simpsons was a bad one right enough, but you guys are right.  Whatabouttery could go on and on.  And on and on and...…  You get my point.

16 hours ago, Parklife said:

You can see in Boyd's face and his reaction afterwards exactly what he was trying to do. A prick of a man. 

hahaha, he's laughing at that cunt making a tit of himself.

You can even see Shinnie look up making sure he get's sent off. He's running about fine 30 secs later.

Biggest plastic hardman in the league, as I said, he'll fit right in at the huns.

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And one on another thread has just said Boyd is a prick of a man yet they'll idolise that cunt!

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

A shocking tackle also. 

Not sure of it's relevance though, you'll have to elaborate there. Are you suggesting that an Aberdeen fan can't comment on any bad tackle ever because 30 years ago an Aberdeen player made a bad tackle? I hope that's not what you're suggesting, as that'd be pretty fucking stupid :lol: 

I think that's exactly what he's suggesting

Boyd got conned by Shinnie and the ref bought it.

It shows Shinnie up for what we all know he is, 

Then you look at Cosgroves blatant elbow on Findlay and his reaction- no histrionics or squealing to the ref, and its one the compliance officer should be looking at.

Night and day the way these 2 managers send their teams out.

23 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Boyd got conned by Shinnie and the ref bought it.

It shows Shinnie up for what we all know he is, 

Then you look at Cosgroves blatant elbow on Findlay and his reaction- no histrionics or squealing to the ref, and its one the compliance officer should be looking at.

Night and day the way these 2 managers send their teams out.

You mean like Brophy throwing himself to the ground last time he was at Pittodrie compared to McGinn not going down in a very similar challenge last Saturday?

You see, we can all do it!  

The outrage on here over this is ridiculous. The references to the durrant tackle is the type of behaviour I’d expect from the Daily Record. 

Very disappointing. 

It was a bad challenge by Boyd and I think he tried to hurt Shinnie. He failed and Shinnie made more of it than he needed to.