This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 112 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Effectively the clubs are the SFA so throwing their toys out the pram about rules they make and officials they appoint doesn’t really make sense.

Whether Celtic felt they had to release a statement in response to some of the belters from Ibrox to pacify some of their support (were folk demanding they say something?) or they genuinely felt the need, I’m not sure. I suspect it was a response to statements from Rangers.

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have you tried the BBC for news? Or perhaps phoned Police Scotland? They'll know before we do. 👍

This type of supposed naughtiness is usually easy to solve who did it so I’m puzzled as to why there’s been no arrests as yet. The polis ain’t doing well. Funny that eh?

Edited by macy37

6 hours ago, macy37 said:

This type of supposed naughtiness is usually easy to solve who did it so I’m puzzled as to why there’s been no arrests as yet. The polis ain’t doing well. Funny that eh?

I think it must the same polis working the case of that wee 10 year old boy who was hit by a bottle by Celtic fans at Hampden....

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

And why would it be easy to solve? If you u derstand the tech even just a wee tiny bit it's piss easy to send mobile messages that can't be traced back to a person. 

Don't believe all of the US cop shows that you watch. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And why would it be easy to solve? If you u derstand the tech even just a wee tiny bit it's piss easy to send mobile messages that can't be traced back to a person. 

You really think the average punter who is sending abusive text messages to referees is smart enough for that?

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You really think the average punter who is sending abusive text messages to referees is smart enough for that?

If you had someone's number it'd be piss easy to buy a PAYG phone for £15 and text someone threats. 

20 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I'm not disputing how easy it is. I just doubt that a person texting a referee verbals has the common sense to cover his tracks.

Seriously? Every US cop show explains how to do this. Even the knuckle draggers watch TV. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Even easier to cover tracks when its not actually ever happened.

Of course it didn't happen. Everyone is conspiring against Celtic, as usual. 

Let me know if you run out of tin foil when you're making your new hat. I've got loads left over from Christmas. It's the extra wide stuff too. 👍

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Just to be clear, do you think this was completely made up? Exaggerated?

Not speaking for him but I personally don't believe he was given death threats. Probably abuse, which is still shite, but not death threats. So I think it was exaggerated.

I also believe he gave permission for it to be leaked, given it was his works number, to take the heat off him.

5 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Not speaking for him but I personally don't believe he was given death threats. Probably abuse, which is still shite, but not death threats. So I think it was exaggerated.

I also believe he gave permission for it to be leaked, given it was his works number, to take the heat off him.

I agree with the 1st bit, think the 2nd bit is a stretch.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Then I'd say you're very naive, no offence intended obviously.

Easy to change a telephone number, not so easy to answer questions about his terrible refereeing. 

If that's the case why haven't other refs done this before?

And since Macy didn't respond, I've still got that tin foil if you damage your current headgear. 👍