This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 109 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I feel that you would have lost that game regardless of who was refereeing.

So do I. The result though isn’t the question being posted. We played poorly and deserved to lose however another referee gives a very bad performance and will continue to be awarded top matches.

It wouldn’t happen in any other job. Perform badly and be rewarded.

The Celtic fans reaction to this game is Trump like in its aggression and disinformation. 

Attack the ref, then when it's reported claim its lies or make up shit that he attended a pub that he wasn't in. 

They pay lip service to the fact their team was soundly pumped but they swiftly move on to blaming the ref. 

So far I think only 1 Celtic fan on here has just taken it on the chin. The rest have joined in the conspiracy shite with a vengeance. 

What a bunch of whining babies. 

Guest faircity
9 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Neither did I!! 

I just don't like people feeling left out.

Just used to you and Mr Blue arguing the Rangers case, apologies .

6 hours ago, Mitre said:

Pretty much everyone on here has acknowledged that the refereeing this year has been abysmal and that it's negatively impacted numerous teams throughout the season and that something needs done.

Celtic recognise this, ask for further clarification on several decisions, admit the better team won but yet are lambasted for doing what everybody else wishes their clubs would do and take a stand against incompetent refereeing.

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The Celtic fans reaction to this game is Trump like in its aggression and disinformation. 

Attack the ref, then when it's reported claim its lies or make up shit that he attended a pub that he wasn't in. 

They pay lip service to the fact their team was soundly pumped but they swiftly move on to blaming the ref. 

So far I think only 1 Celtic fan on here has just taken it on the chin. The rest have joined in the conspiracy shite with a vengeance. 

What a bunch of whining babies. 

Name names then. Who are the whining babies and back that up with something because I think every Celtic fan on here accepts we lost because we were poor on the day 

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Good enough for Beaton. How a dyed in the wool Hun can be allowed to ref a game like that is beyond me. He even managed to go to his local Hun pub to celebrate his fine performance post match. 

We had the cunt in our group chat for a while. Not very chatty mind you. Probably saves that for the hun slophouse he frequents.

Maybe we'll get a chap at the door off his masonic mates in the police.

First things first, we lost on Saturday because we were pish.  Correction - we were abysmally pish. It had nothing to do with the referee and nothing to do with the SFA’s lack of retrospective action against Morelos. John Beaton is not the reason we lost. 100%.

Morelos should in my view have been sent off, but allow me to be clear - it would've made zero difference to the outcome.  Rangers could’ve played with 10 or even 9 players and still beat us, of that I have little doubt.

I can understand how Beaton may not have seen the incidents (I don’t swallow the line he saw them and “dealt” with them) and other than that I think he actually had a pretty good game and tried his best to let the game flow.  He was on the lenient side for some incidents (for both teams) which is often the best way especially in a game that can explode at any time.  It can be a dangerous thing too though, as we have seen players let the ref (and themselves) down when he is trying to show leniency and understanding of the situation but on Saturday I felt both sets of players, Morelos aside, responded well to Beaton’s style of refereeing and concentrated on playing the game.  As a result we saw a decent game (our performance aside, it was still a decent game and better than many OF clashes of the past) and credit to Beaton and both teams for that.

Morelos will never change though and his antics could ultimately let his manager and team mates down this season. He’s only ever a baw hair away from it. Maybe it’s part of what makes him effective?

My concern is that the SFA, SPFL or whoever has failed to deal with the incidents correctly and it isn’t the first time. I don’t believe Beaton saw them and didn’t feel them worthy of action, simply because if he saw Morelos kick Brown in the baws then it is a free kick at least, even if he didn’t deem it worthy to send him off or caution him.  I think this is what we have sought clarification on.

Overall - notwithstanding Beaton’s decent performance last week - the standard of refereeing in Scotland has been poor again this season and is showing little sign of improvement. At least four managers/clubs have openly expressed genuine concern and this says much. It’s not really of much relevance which clubs are involved in my eyes, poor refereeing is poor refereeing. They are not biased, just not very good. Beaton is far from the worst.

My last point - whoever leaked Beaton’s details online is an absolute cretin and anyone using them to threaten or intimidate the man is equally as bad. Scum, the lot of them and I hope they are traced, arrested and punished with the utmost severity.

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

We had the cunt in our group chat for a while. Not very chatty mind you. Probably saves that for the hun slophouse he frequents.

Aye.  Lets get the low down on him.  Cellic only got beat because Beaton is in the order, out of order and any other thing that has order at the end of the sentence..  The Goon Brigade at this moment should hire a private detective to follow follow him round.  Obsession is brilliant btw.  Canny wait to see the new banner the bhoys from the Canny Take It Brigade have at their next game.  Never Beeten, unless it's Beaton.  Starter for 10 (see what I did there) 😎

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  Lets get the low down on him.  Cellic only got beat because Beaton is in the order, out of order and any other thing that has order at the end of the sentence..  The Goon Brigade at this moment should hire a private detective to follow follow him round.  Obsession is brilliant btw.  Canny wait to see the new banner the bhoys from the Canny Take It Brigade have at their next game.  Never Beeten, unless it's Beaton.  Starter for 10 (see what I did there) 😎

Maybe it will be something about weans being molested and pointing out the irony in the scummy banners you vermin bastards take to football matches 

Then again, hopefully not.

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Name names then. Who are the whining babies and back that up with something because I think every Celtic fan on here accepts we lost because we were poor on the day 

Have a look in the mirror. In one post you acknowledge Celtic were poor. In the next post you're having a dig at the ref for being corrupt. Not piss poor but corrupt. 

Your attitude towards the type of Scumbags threatening the ref makes you exactly the same as the cretins who were happy for Neil Lennon to suffer the abuse he took and probably still takes. 

You're part of the problem. 

35 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

First things first, we lost on Saturday because we were pish.  Correction - we were abysmally pish. It had nothing to do with the referee and nothing to do with the SFA’s lack of retrospective action against Morelos. John Beaton is not the reason we lost. 100%.

Morelos should in my view have been sent off, but allow me to be clear - it would've made zero difference to the outcome.  Rangers could’ve played with 10 or even 9 players and still beat us, of that I have little doubt.

I can understand how Beaton may not have seen the incidents (I don’t swallow the line he saw them and “dealt” with them) and other than that I think he actually had a pretty good game and tried his best to let the game flow.  He was on the lenient side for some incidents (for both teams) which is often the best way especially in a game that can explode at any time.  It can be a dangerous thing too though, as we have seen players let the ref (and themselves) down when he is trying to show leniency and understanding of the situation but on Saturday I felt both sets of players, Morelos aside, responded well to Beaton’s style of refereeing and concentrated on playing the game.  As a result we saw a decent game (our performance aside, it was still a decent game and better than many OF clashes of the past) and credit to Beaton and both teams for that.

Morelos will never change though and his antics could ultimately let his manager and team mates down this season. He’s only ever a baw hair away from it. Maybe it’s part of what makes him effective?

My concern is that the SFA, SPFL or whoever has failed to deal with the incidents correctly and it isn’t the first time. I don’t believe Beaton saw them and didn’t feel them worthy of action, simply because if he saw Morelos kick Brown in the baws then it is a free kick at least, even if he didn’t deem it worthy to send him off or caution him.  I think this is what we have sought clarification on.

Overall - notwithstanding Beaton’s decent performance last week - the standard of refereeing in Scotland has been poor again this season and is showing little sign of improvement. At least four managers/clubs have openly expressed genuine concern and this says much. It’s not really of much relevance which clubs are involved in my eyes, poor refereeing is poor refereeing. They are not biased, just not very good. Beaton is far from the worst.

My last point - whoever leaked Beaton’s details online is an absolute cretin and anyone using them to threaten or intimidate the man is equally as bad. Scum, the lot of them and I hope they are traced, arrested and punished with the utmost severity.

Pretty much totally agree with this. Along with Mox, that now makes 2 sensible Celtic fans so far. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have a look in the mirror. In one post you acknowledge Celtic were poor. In the next post you're having a dig at the ref for being corrupt. Not piss poor but corrupt. 

Your attitude towards the type of Scumbags threatening the ref makes you exactly the same as the cretins who were happy for Neil Lennon to suffer the abuse he took and probably still takes. 

You're part of the problem. 

I haven't commented on anyone threatening the ref. Don't make stuff up.

38 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Yep, process and not performance is the issue.

From the 'bit's' (BBC website) I've read from Celtics statement, there's nothing whatsoever I would argue against - My own club need a similar set of baws.

It's dark ages stuff, and the individuals involved in making these decisions are taking the piss out of us all.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I haven't commented on anyone threatening the ref. Don't make stuff up.

I didn't say you had. Can you read without the green tinted idiot goggles on? 

I said you had made a crack about the ref being corrupt. 

Try engaging your brain before posting shite. 

26 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I didn't say you had. Can you read without the green tinted idiot goggles on? 

I said you had made a crack about the ref being corrupt. 

Try engaging your brain before posting shite. 

Your attitude towards the type of Scumbags threatening the ref makes you exactly the same as the cretins who were happy for Neil Lennon to suffer the abuse he took and probably still takes. 

The above is what you said. Maybe you should engage your own brain and try and shake off the memory loss.

So. To summarise. Its the refs and the sfa to blame? Maybe Cellic should put a representative on the sfa board to ensure no bias against them? Wait a minute..........na. better going with Macys true facts that Beaton was in his local orange pub after the game for a sash bash. That makes the pill easier to swallow. You couldnt make it up. Unless .....

4 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Great summary to be honest. I said to my lad during the game how did Morelos get away with that challenge on Christie. He needs to sort this very quickly or he will hinder his career progression. 

4 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Great summary mate.  Very good.  On your last point.  Maybe it was Levein that revealed private things.  He is good at that.  Anyway, the world of Scottish Fitba is back at it's best!!  Mental. Scotland Forever.

8 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

This was your comment. 

Why the bit about the police if you aren't having a laugh at someone being threatened for simply doing his job? 

You haven't condemned the fuckwits either. 

Which incidentally, is the comment Rangers fans were bombarded with earlier this season when some arse hole fans were being cunts. 

So, back up your indignation and let us all know what you think of the halfwits who threaten refs.

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This was your comment. 

Why the bit about the police if you aren't having a laugh at someone being threatened for simply doing his job? 

You haven't condemned the fuckwits either. 

Which incidentally, is the comment Rangers fans were bombarded with earlier this season when some arse hole fans were being cunts. 

So, back up your indignation and let us all know what you think of the halfwits who threaten refs.

So you concede that you made a cunt of yourself with the "engage your brain" stuff then? 

Let's get that part out the way first and maybe I will answer your questions, ya fucking clown.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

So you concede that you made a cunt of yourself with the "engage your brain" stuff then? 

Let's get that part out the way first and maybe I will answer your questions, ya fucking clown.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Hey, stoap the bus boys❤️.  What I have learned is we can all get carried away behind a keyboard.  We are all Scotland.  Last night on the Jura.  I must admit the past two weeks have been great.  I would describe Jura as like an angel pishing on yer tongue. (no offence to angels Scotty).  I am that happy I could almost sing do a deer.