This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 108 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What a pile of shite. Rangers have had more red cards than any other team this season. We've had shed loads of dodgy decisions go against us. 

Scott Brown had 2 bad challenges in the OF game but not a squeak from the usual whingers on here, Christie stamps on Morelos who then hits out but its only Morelos that gets mentioned. 

The double standards on here are prodigious. 

And for the avoidance of doubt or the usual twisting by the usual arse holes, Morelos should have been sent off for the Ralston stamp or even just constant fouling. Bizarrely sometimes refs get decisions wrong. It's not worth any team attempting to smear refs with fuckwit statements. And yes I know Rangers already released a fuckwit statement extraordinaire! 

I support Dundee, and have no vested interest in any other team.

Rangers players have kicked out consistently all season, and been allowed to do so. I, along with many others have criticised Browns behaviour many times, but that doesnt take away from the simple fact that your club have benefited from staggering decisions this season. You should have had many, many more red cards than you have had.

Guest faircity
28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What a pile of shite. Rangers have had more red cards than any other team this season. We've had shed loads of dodgy decisions go against us. 

Scott Brown had 2 bad challenges in the OF game but not a squeak from the usual whingers on here, Christie stamps on Morelos who then hits out but its only Morelos that gets mentioned. 

The double standards on here are prodigious. 

And for the avoidance of doubt or the usual twisting by the usual arse holes, Morelos should have been sent off for the Ralston stamp or even just constant fouling. Bizarrely sometimes refs get decisions wrong. It's not worth any team attempting to smear refs with fuckwit statements. And yes I know Rangers already released a fuckwit statement extraordinaire! 

With all due respect Mr Fairbairn,  look at my link a few posts back and tell me how it is at all possible to rescind that red card.  

I can't fathom out how they could come to the conclusion that a clear mistake had been made. I'd love to hear your take though. 

9 minutes ago, faircity said:

With all due respect Mr Fairbairn,  look at my link a few posts back and tell me how it is at all possible to rescind that red card.  

I can't fathom out how they could come to the conclusion that a clear mistake had been made. I'd love to hear your take though. 

The claimant’s submission was that the player flicked out a leg at his opponent, but only as he tried to recover his footing, his opponent having barged into him twice. The claimant accepts that contact was made by the Player but that it was negligible and the player did not use excessive force. The claimant submitted that video evidence shows that his opponent did not react to the player’s contact and was not injured by it. The claimant’s submission was that an obvious refereeing error had occurred and the player should have been cautioned for unsporting behaviour instead of being sent off for violent conduct.

The fast track tribunal viewed the video footage of the incident and carefully considered the written submissions from the claimants. It also considered the definition from the laws of the came in relation to violent conduct, which states: Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Having considered all evidence, the Fast Track Tribunal was unanimous in its decision that the claimants had successfully demonstrated that an Obvious Refereeing Error had occurred.

The tribunal accepted the club’s submission that the video footage clearly showed that the force of the kick by the player towards an opponent was not excessive and did not use brutality.

Therefore, it could not constitute a sending off offence of Violent Conduct. In his submissions, the assistant referee’s comment indicated that he had a restricted view of the incident.

That was given credence by the video footage which clearly shows both incidents before the particular action of the Player and the outcome of it.

The video footage shows an earlier barge on the Player that the Tribunal believe, had it been noted it would have been acted upon.

They also show the follow through from the kick out by the Player. Though there was contact, it was limited confirming a more petulant reaction than violent conduct.

On the basis of the video footage and the submissions, the tribunal decided that an obvious refereeing error had occurred brought about by the referee being unsighted and the Assistant referee having a limited view.

The tribunal was also mindful of the recent guidance provided that sought to differentiate between petulance and violent conduct. The tribunal was of the view that in the circumstances this was the former rather than the latter.

Seems totally clear to me...

Guest faircity
12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You watched it and you are of the opinion that it wasn't a red card? 

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣.

That's funny. 

"He flicked out a leg" - clearly not the case. Would you class that as a flick? 

"Earlier barge on the player." And??

"The referee unsighted and the linesman having a limited view "  chortle chortle. T

The only sadder thing than the explanation you provided is the fact you think it's not corrupt and it is acceptable.

13 minutes ago, faircity said:

You watched it and you are of the opinion that it wasn't a red card? 

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣.

That's funny. 

"He flicked out a leg" - clearly not the case. Would you class that as a flick? 

"Earlier barge on the player." And??

"The referee unsighted and the linesman having a limited view "  chortle chortle. T

The only sadder thing than the explanation you provided is the fact you think it's not corrupt and it is acceptable.

Of course it's not corrupt. Only a deranged fool would claim that.

I was surprised it was downgraded tbh but the SFA have clearly explained their reasoning.

Edited by Virgil

44 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed. Ultra clear.

What we have learned, very clearly, is that it is okay to kick an opponent provided that a) you don’t kick the opponent too hard, b) you are being petulant and c) the opponent doesn’t get injured by the kick.

I look forward to the above being applied evenly and consistently from here on.

Crystal clear.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I was surprised it was downgraded tbh but the SFA have clearly explained their reasoning.

It’s funny when you see some of the appeals “normal” teams have had rejected with little explanation. Although they often don’t appeal as they don’t see the point.

Celtic have had some belters too. The one Brown appealed (frivolously) at Ross County to be available to play in an OF game (some quirk with a bank holiday). Rather than upping his ban for playing the system, they overturned it.

:shocked:

Edited to add: I don’t believe it’s corruption, the SFA are shit scared of Rangers and Celtic as they know they will get top lawyers to pick holes in what is effectively a club constitution drawn up by a committee of well meaning football administrators.

Edited by sbcmfc

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s funny when you see some of the appeals “normal” teams have had rejected with little explanation. Although they often don’t appeal as they don’t see the point.

Celtic have had some belters too. The one Brown appealed (frivolously) at Ross County to be available to play in an OF game (some quirk with a bank holiday). Rather than upping his ban for playing the system, they overturned it.

:shocked:

The duopoly is back, by god how 'we've' missed it! 

Milne will be delighted (Very Short Term) to see a strong Rangers back in town......

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

One ex referee has already asked not to be considered for involvement in future Judiciary Panels because they were witness to bias. 

Although this particular case didn’t get as far as the Judiciary Panel it does seem we have some compliance issues with the disciplinary process. 

Accordingly, I dont think folk calling it corrupt can simply be dismissed as “deranged”. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I support Dundee, and have no vested interest in any other team.

Rangers players have kicked out consistently all season, and been allowed to do so. I, along with many others have criticised Browns behaviour many times, but that doesnt take away from the simple fact that your club have benefited from staggering decisions this season. You should have had many, many more red cards than you have had.

I didn't say, at any point, that you did have a vested interest. 

I'm just wondering how it's only Rangers that are benefitting despite getting more red cards than any other team. 

I also find it bizarre that you know all the times Rangers players get away with stuff but not any other team. Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? 

1 hour ago, faircity said:

I think you may have quoted the wrong post as I'm not Fairbairn and I haven't mentioned the rescinded red card. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Good to see all the non blue noses in here backing the stance that Craig Levein took against the referees and, specifically, allowing Morelos to.do what he wants; at least when there is a rangers supporter refereeing.

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Clarification FC  are facing their first significant challenge for years.Nothing like a diversionary tactic to keep the masses happy. Nice of them to acknowledge the best team won on the day. 

They will never acknowledge that.  It's everbody else's fault.  The referees, the masons, the weather.  You name it Celtic will claim it.  Beaten by the better team and canny take it.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Neither did I!! 

I didn't bother my arse checking what you said. I just knew I hadn't. 

Unless I'm actually you and double posting? 

Or am I Big Ron? 

Feck I'm confused. 😞

16 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Every person on this board will be long dead by the time that abomination of a Pheonix club get anywhere near 55, Carson 

Suspect you'll probably be of the first to go - your blood pressure being so high from all the seething ;)

Relax and take a step back- its only a game in the end.