This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 107 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Naismith kicks Brown's baws: 2-match ban

Morelos kicks Brown's baws: no offence

McLean grabs Kouassi's baws: 2-match ban

Morelos grabs Christie's baws: no offence

Davies stamps on Scott Brown: 2-match ban

Morelos stamps on Ralston: no offence

You can see the trend here...

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

It's an injustice.  The refs are all masons.  They should all be like Scotty and don't believe Rangers exist.  Along with a pile of other things.  But now Rangers are back on top the board will miss the banter of them being down.  The Dons boys that were on here constantly as Philadelphia lawyers talking about how Rangers went down.  Where are they now?  Certain Dons guy on here constantly berating Dave King.  Nowhere to be herd (pardon the pun) now.  Rangers are back bhoys.  Still think Celtic will win the league.  If I am being totally honest I would like the league to finish:

Kilmarnock

Rangers

Aberdeen

I know it wont happen but you never know.  It's a funny old game.  Last drams today.

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

What ban did Christie receive from the stamp on Morelos?

25 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's an injustice.  The refs are all masons.  They should all be like Scotty and don't believe Rangers exist.  Along with a pile of other things.  But now Rangers are back on top the board will miss the banter of them being down.  The Dons boys that were on here constantly as Philadelphia lawyers talking about how Rangers went down.  Where are they now?  Certain Dons guy on here constantly berating Dave King.  Nowhere to be herd (pardon the pun) now.  Rangers are back bhoys.  Still think Celtic will win the league.  If I am being totally honest I would like the league to finish:

Surely the question is where were you for all those years rangers were in the lower leagues? Hiding is where. A whiff of success and you return to be as triumphalist as ever while making a 14m pound loss... deja fucking vu.

And to be fair I was going to say the board has been decimated but really it has lost 9 out of 10 posters rather than 1 out 10 in recent years. You could probably boil all the current the chat down on here onto three threads and it would still be quiet. So hardly surprising a lot of people are missing. 

41 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Kilmarnock

Rangers

Aberdeen

I know it wont happen but you never know.  It's a funny old game.  Last drams today.

As a Rangers fan you would like Kilmarnock to win the title and Rangers to finish in 2nd place?  Strange approach.

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

Are you being deliberately simple?

You do know the rules?

So if we are to believe that the ref saw all 3 incidents but deemed them unworthy of further action, as per match report, thus negating the need for retrospective action then surely the powers that be should be scrutinizing the referee and his handle of the game as the consensus appears to be different from his opinion??

32 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

So if we are to believe that the ref saw all 3 incidents but deemed them unworthy of further action, as per match report, thus negating the need for retrospective action then surely the powers that be should be scrutinizing the referee and his handle of the game as the consensus appears to be different from his opinion??

And that seems to be where the process falls down.  There seems to be more focus on Compliance Officers and retrospective action than there does on helping the Officials get it right first time, be that through additional coaching/training or the introduction of modern technologies.

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Has previous for kicking players, did it against Aberdeen got sent off but later rescinded, seems to have a charmed life 🤬

Ridiculously rescinded.  

3 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

He awarded Celtic a free-kick for the Brown incident. I suspect he'd have taken further action, had it been later in the game. Not the first ref to do that.

I suspect he thought the Ralston incident was accidental. Morelos could've avoided him but it was a natural stride to land where he did.

I suspect he thought the Christie incident was handbags. Christie does have a niggle first. It wasn't a fondle of his baws either, as the pictures suggest. Watch it in real time and compare to the MacLean incident.

The consensus at the time was the ref had a pretty good game, letting it flow as often as possible, and not handing out unnecessary cards. On another day, Morelos would certainly have been booked, perhaps eventually sent off but I'm not sure there's enough in there to warrant any action against the referee.

Was Bobby Madden not officiating in the Championship after the McKenna/Eduoard incident?

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

And that seems to be where the process falls down.  There seems to be more focus on Compliance Officers and retrospective action than there does on helping the Officials get it right first time, be that through additional coaching/training or the introduction of modern technologies.

Or by not being cheating hun fucks

28 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Not often I agree with Celtic, but they are right today.

Rangers have received some staggeringly biased decisions towards them, not only in the last Glasgow derby, but overall this season.

What a pile of shite. Rangers have had more red cards than any other team this season. We've had shed loads of dodgy decisions go against us. 

Scott Brown had 2 bad challenges in the OF game but not a squeak from the usual whingers on here, Christie stamps on Morelos who then hits out but its only Morelos that gets mentioned. 

The double standards on here are prodigious. 

And for the avoidance of doubt or the usual twisting by the usual arse holes, Morelos should have been sent off for the Ralston stamp or even just constant fouling. Bizarrely sometimes refs get decisions wrong. It's not worth any team attempting to smear refs with fuckwit statements. And yes I know Rangers already released a fuckwit statement extraordinaire!