This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 106 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 minutes ago, faircity said:

Am I missing something here? 

The referee in the Celtic v Aberdeen game seen the McKenna tackle on Edouard and deemed it a fair tackle yet he receives a retrospective ban. Meanwhile the ref sees the frog carry out a series of offences so no further action can be taken. Im confused. 

It's as if they are just making it up as they go along..

24 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Red saw all the incidents and doesn’t see an issue.

Its all okay then. Let’s start standing on folk and booting them in the baws. 

Our game is corrupt to the core.

18 minutes ago, faircity said:

Am I missing something here? 

The referee in the Celtic v Aberdeen game seen the McKenna tackle on Edouard and deemed it a fair tackle yet he receives a retrospective ban. Meanwhile the ref sees the frog carry out a series of offences so no further action can be taken. Im confused. 

13 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It's as if they are just making it up as they go along..

Simple.

Ralston - He was in his landing path.
Brown - He was late at going to clear the ball.  Possible yellow.
Christie - Pushes him away after Christie's attempted stamp.

Referee's only mistake here is not having Christie cited for the stamp.

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Landing path. Jesus christ:lol: 

Surprised you don't want Scott Brown to get a booking for teabagging Morelos boot.

Watch it back, natural movement.

No, Brown was innocent in this event.

48 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You are genuinely off your head if that's what you believe. It shouldn't even be up for debate it's that blatant.

Apparently it’s not that blatant 

Just another showing of how corrupt the system is. 

The ref saw all 3 incidents, so no ban could be issued. 

The ref also saw McKenna challenging for the ball at park head and he was handed a 2 game ban. 

Its fucking disgusting how this bunch of crooks are allowed to rule our game. 

50 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be fair Brown's been strutting about as if he's had the biggest baws in toon for a number of years so you can't really blame Alfie if they've got in the road of his boot!

Blatant obstruction, I would say.

Do you ever get free kicks for obstruction these days?

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, Debian said:

Simple.

Ralston - He was in his landing path.
Brown - He was late at going to clear the ball.  Possible yellow.
Christie - Pushes him away after Christie's attempted stamp.

Referee's only mistake here is not having Christie cited for the stamp.

I was only pointing out their reasoning for their decision, namely that the ref seen the original incident therefore no further action can be taken, yet in the case of McKenna it was the same yet he was banned. 

1 hour ago, faircity said:

I was only pointing out their reasoning for their decision, namely that the ref seen the original incident therefore no further action can be taken, yet in the case of McKenna it was the same yet he was banned. 

Was it the same?

The referee never gave a free-kick against McKenna, and given the horrific nature of the challenge, suggests he never seen it properly.

Guest faircity
9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Was it the same?

The referee never gave a free-kick against McKenna, and given the horrific nature of the challenge, suggests he never seen it properly.

Irrelevant. He seen it, decided it wasn't a free kick, end of. 

Guest faircity
Just now, Virgil said:

What did he write in his match report?

"Hi, my name is Bobby."

Who gives a fuck? He seen it, deemed it wasn't a foul. 

Baffling, but not surprising.

Those statements appear to be working as  they appear untouchable now.

Id say there was 1 red and 2 yellows in there (being kind to Morelos and baring in mind he’s allowed to kick people).

How could he have seen all 3 incidents and not even booked him, it is beyond comprehension.

3 minutes ago, faircity said:

"Hi, my name is Bobby."

Who gives a fuck? He seen it, deemed it wasn't a foul. 

Did he say that he witnessed the challenge?

If not, your argument holds absolutely no ground whatsoever.

The horrific nature of the challenge, and the fact he didn't even give a free-kick, suggests to me that he never seen it.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Baffling, but not surprising.

Those statements appear to be working as  they appear untouchable now.

Id say there was 1 red and 2 yellows in there (being kind to Morelos and baring in mind he’s allowed to kick people).

How could he have seen all 3 incidents and not even booked him, it is beyond comprehension.

He was quite visibly refereeing in a very lenient nature, letting a lot go. Fair or not, it actually made for a better game.

The only one I would say warranted a booking (at least) was the Brown incident, but it was extremely early in the game, and the claim would be it was accidental (the ball was in the vicinity).

Just now, Virgil said:

The horrific nature of the challenge, and the fact he didn't even give a free-kick, suggests to me that he never seen it.

It wasn’t a horrific challenge. It was clumsy, but looked much worse slowed down or as a still rather than live or at full speed.

However that’s a different argument. Surely this was an obvious mistake, as if he saw all 3 incidents and didn’t even book him....

Guest faircity
Just now, Virgil said:

Having just watched it back I'd be utterly astonished if he didn't witness the challenge. McKenna clearly played the ball therefore I can't imagine where else the referee could possibly have been looking, he was also directly behind the incident. 

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The "horrific nature of the challenge"? 😂 

There wasn't even a challenge. There was two players going for a loose ball. McKenna got there first. The initial call of the referee to play on was totally correct. 

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It wasn’t a horrific challenge. It was clumsy, but looked much worse slowed down or as a still rather than live or at full speed.

However that’s a different argument. Surely this was an obvious mistake, as if he saw all 3 incidents and didn’t even book him....

He was completely out of control. It was a terrible challenge. My feeling is Madden knew that and purposely left it out of his match report to save his blushes.

You surely can't compare that McKenna tackle, a potential leg-breaker, to some Morelos petulance. Edouard went off injured, Brown got on with the game, as did Christie and Ralston after some play-acting. The ref saw all 3 incidents and decided there was very little in them. I suspect the Brown one would've been a booking, had it happened later in the game.

4 minutes ago, faircity said:

Having just watched it back I'd be utterly astonished if he didn't witness the challenge. McKenna clearly played the ball therefore I can't imagine where else the referee could possibly have been looking, he was also directly behind the incident. 

There's a difference between the referee seeing the incident, and you being utterly astonished if he hadn't.

From what I see, Shay Logan blocks his view.

Guest faircity

As sbmfc says, it wasn't horrific. McKenna was ahead of him, at no point did he look to check that Edouard was coming. It was clumsy, nothing more. 

We will have to agree to disagree on the other point, if the referee didn't see that then he must have two glass eyes. 

7 minutes ago, faircity said:

As sbmfc says, it wasn't horrific. McKenna was ahead of him, at no point did he look to check that Edouard was coming. It was clumsy, nothing more. 

We will have to agree to disagree on the other point, if the referee didn't see that then he must have two glass eyes. 

It can still be clumsy and horrific tbf, although I suspect that's going over old ground.

My only gripe is with a 2 game ban, he actually unduly suffers simply because the ref hadn't seen it.

My point is for the many folk comparing the 2 incidents, the very obvious difference is one ref reported to having seen the incident(s), the other hadn't.

Edited by Virgil

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It can still be clumsy and horrific tbf, although I suspect that's going over old ground.

My only gripe is with a 2 game ban, he actually unduly suffers simply because the ref hadn't seen it.

My point is for the many folk comparing the 2 incidents, the very obvious difference is one ref reported to having seen the incident(s), the other hadn't.

What did it say in the report?