This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 105 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

On 12/29/2018 at 2:58 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Fortunately there's 4 teams in the mix.

Scotty, I can accept that you believe in God, Jesus, a literal bible, the second coming, the rapture, a 5000 year old earth and a flat earth but I cannot accept that even you would believe that Aberdeen will win the league this year, that is stretching it man.

10 hours ago, Mox said:

I put the blame firmly on Rodgers, it was his fault we lost but it doesn't detract from how bad Beatonwas, we got nothing from him. Morelos should have been sent off, there was a period at the start of the second half where we should have three or four free kicks and he gave us nothing. We didn't lose because of Beaton but his performance was atrocious. This is hopefully the kick up the arse we need, we've been passive all season and this is not the first time we've been comfortably out played away from home.

Personally I think he was fairly even handed. There were quite a few meaty challenges from both sides during the game and he let them go where required. Made it a far better and more flowing game. 

Celtic's problem was most of the team shat it from the tackles. 

I'll give you morelos. He deserved a red for standing on Ralston and should have been booked for trying to kick Brown's balls. Stupid petty things that add nothing to his game. 

Celtic were lucky that Gordon was having a cracking game or it would have been 3 or 4.

16 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Personally I think he was fairly even handed. There were quite a few meaty challenges from both sides during the game and he let them go where required. Made it a far better and more flowing game. 

Celtic's problem was most of the team shat it from the tackles. 

I'll give you morelos. He deserved a red for standing on Ralston and should have been booked for trying to kick Brown's balls. Stupid petty things that add nothing to his game. 

Celtic were lucky that Gordon was having a cracking game or it would have been 3 or 4.

I would suggest that most who watched the game, thought the referee was fairly decent. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:44 AM, Mox said:

I put the blame firmly on Rodgers, it was his fault we lost but it doesn't detract from how bad Beatonwas, we got nothing from him. Morelos should have been sent off, there was a period at the start of the second half where we should have three or four free kicks and he gave us nothing. We didn't lose because of Beaton but his performance was atrocious. This is hopefully the kick up the arse we need, we've been passive all season and this is not the first time we've been comfortably out played away from home.

"atrocious" - his performance wouldn't even trouble a list capturing all time "mixed" referee performances in the Scottish league. 

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

"atrocious" - his performance wouldn't even trouble a list capturing all time "mixed" referee performances in the Scottish league. 

Once the green tinted glasses are on its hard to get through. 

It's strange when you consider it's one league defeat in 6 years. Why is it upsetting the Celtic fans so much? 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Once the green tinted glasses are on its hard to get through. 

It's strange when you consider it's one league defeat in 6 years. Why is it upsetting the Celtic fans so much? 

Ditto, according to most on here Rangers don't exist.  So why get upset?  Beats me 😆

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

So missing Buffalo Bill assaulting folk warrants a decent performance then?

This board is full of absolute fuckwitts if that was an acceptable refereeing performance on Saturday.

To be fair to the ref, they were all off the ball things. It’s reasonably understandable he could’ve missed any (or apparently all) of them. Perhaps between him and his team they should’ve seen at least one and taken action.

Surely he’ll get a notice of complaint on Thursday, presumably followed by a statement and appeal.

27 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

How many of us are having a boring day off itching to see a game? SPFL clowns! :angry:

What is the purpose of this winter break anyway? We'll get to February and have a load of games called off for frozen pitches and cram all the games into the end of the season when they could've been more evenly spread out, with less postponed matches.

47 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

What is the purpose of this winter break anyway? We'll get to February and have a load of games called off for frozen pitches and cram all the games into the end of the season when they could've been more evenly spread out, with less postponed matches.

The league starts back with a midweek game too.

Makes a farce of it.

1 game a week through December and January would negate the need for a winter break.

The players/teams do need a break, but only because of the ridiculous schedule of the last 4-5 weeks.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

How many of us are having a boring day off itching to see a game? SPFL clowns! :angry:

Couldn’t agree more. Yesterday or today would have seen big crowds around the leagues. Total farce. They get nothing right. 

One less midweek game in December and play it yesterday or today instead. Then go on a break if necessary. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

I'm not against a couple of weeks off for the players mid season, but it's nuts to pass up on the traditional new year fixture date.

Yesterday was a working day for 100.000's in Scotland though.

My work was back for starters, as were all our competitors.

I'd agree if the 2nd fell on a weekend but many would have struggled with a 3pm yesterday and the complete lack of the public transport on the 1st (when will Scotland join the 21st century with regards to this) makes the 1st just as bad.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yesterday was a working day for 100.000's in Scotland though.

My work was back for starters, as were all our competitors.

I'd agree if the 2nd fell on a weekend but many would have struggled with a 3pm yesterday and the complete lack of the public transport on the 1st (when will Scotland join the 21st century with regards to this) makes the 1st just as bad.

Quite simple really. Stupid auld cunts demanding that their "traditions fae ma Grandfather's day" still be kept up and people are afraid to challenge it.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

On 1/1/2019 at 11:22 PM, macy37 said:

So missing Buffalo Bill assaulting folk warrants a decent performance then?

This board is full of absolute fuckwitts if that was an acceptable refereeing performance on Saturday.

Yep. Most other refs miss Scott Brown assaulting folk every week, so it puts him alongside everyone else right away. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to the ref, they were all off the ball things. It’s reasonably understandable he could’ve missed any (or apparently all) of them. Perhaps between him and his team they should’ve seen at least one and taken action.

Surely he’ll get a notice of complaint on Thursday, presumably followed by a statement and appeal.

That doesn't wash with me. I'm sure he was standing about 4 yards away from the first incident and looking directly at the Ralston one. He could have easily missed Morelos trying to tug off Christie right enough.

Anyway, that certainly wasn't the reason Celtic lost.

Guest faircity

Am I missing something here? 

The referee in the Celtic v Aberdeen game seen the McKenna tackle on Edouard and deemed it a fair tackle yet he receives a retrospective ban. Meanwhile the ref sees the frog carry out a series of offences so no further action can be taken. Im confused.