This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 99 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Not sure if either: 

1. You're on a wind up

2. You are complete blindness to your own team ; or 

3. You're utterly blinkered 

It would appear that you don't know the definition of a push. His arm made contact with him but this isn't basketball. It was a dive and therefore he cheated his way to a penalty.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Benkovic gave away the corner, but by melodramatically pretending to be fouled :rolleyes: he was ridiculously awarded a free kick.

THAT was the biggest acting job in the game.

Can happily admit that he got given the benefit of the doubt from the referee due to it, but anyone who's suggesting that he wasn't hurt as a result of how he landed is either at it, stupid, or both.

52 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Has he admitted anything about Celtic?

what do you want me to admit, that Benkovic dived to win a free kick facing his own goal? he did aye, it's not Benkovic's fault though, he is doing what defenders all over the world do because referees have been giving free kicks for that since God was a boy. The fault lie's with the Aberdeen striker for getting in that position in the first place, anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have let Benkovic put the ball out for a throw and Aberdeen would have the advantage, but footballers are fucking stupid. 

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Rangers have to beat Celtic at some point. 

Good luck with that 

You're right but I can't see it this time. Our form has dropped off badly and Celtic appear to be on the up again. 

It would be good if we could beat them with Aberdeen and Killie also winning. It would certainly make the New Year more exciting. I just can't find any positivity right now. 

We'd also see how much Celtic are willing to pay to keep their 9 in a row campaign going. 

11 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Can happily admit that he got given the benefit of the doubt from the referee due to it, but anyone who's suggesting that he wasn't hurt as a result of how he landed is either at it, stupid, or both.

The way he was rolling about, I 'm just glad they didn't have to amputate. 

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

what do you want me to admit, that Benkovic dived to win a free kick facing his own goal? he did aye... he is doing what defenders all over the world do because referees have been giving free kicks for that since God was a boy. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that players in the opposition box have also been going down on contact since the game began, also.

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I just can't find any positivity right now. 

You have a facsimile team to support.

(That's gotta count for something.)

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

If the 2nd one is thought of as a penalty or as some on here have said, a “stonewaller” then the game is fucked. 

Game was fucked at Hampden when Celtic got a penalty that wasn’t one & not even in the box, a double cheat 😜

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It would appear that you don't know the definition of a push. His arm made contact with him but this isn't basketball. It was a dive and therefore he cheated his way to a penalty.

I know it perfectly. He was pushed. 

No comment on all the “cheating bastards” in your own team? 

24 minutes ago, Jon Cutler said:

Hopefully Shinnie will get a 2 game ban.

He won’t because he was pushed 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know it perfectly. He was pushed. 

No comment on all the “cheating bastards” in your own team? 

You clearly don't if you think that's a push.

Who would you like me to pass comment on in the Celtic team? We have players who go down easily too, but I don't come on here getting offended when people call them out on it, or worse still, defend then by saying they were pushed when it's clear they weren't. 

6 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You clearly don't if you think that's a push.

Who would you like me to pass comment on in the Celtic team? We have players who go down easily too, but I don't come on here getting offended when people call them out on it, or worse still, defend then by saying they were pushed when it's clear they weren't. 

I’m not defending anything. Shinnie was pushed and dived ridiculously easily. Let’s take the tinted specs off here or there’s no point debating further. Lustig pushed Shinnie, shinnie then dived. I’m happy to call my teams players out for cheating. I just think it’s funny to see you calling Shinnie a “cheating bastard” in here but have no mention of the ones in your own team, including Scott Brown who did a pretty much identical thing on Wednesday 😂

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

And also a blatant push in the back. 

We also have a fan of Celtic attempting to slate Shinnie, with all the unawareness of a blinkered fan who's never seen brown, tierney, Rogic, Christie, Forrest, Edouard, Sinclair, et al play. 

Ill apologise if SEM wants to call all his own teams players "cheating bastards" too 👍

For a plastic hard man like shinnie to go down like that was pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

For a plastic hard man like shinnie to go down like that was pathetic. 

😂 His dramatic swan dive was ridiculous.

Astonishing seeing any Aberdeen fan putting forward a defence. That ‘push’ from the Celtic boy wasn’t enough to floor a toddler. 

Re the Shinnie penalty, it wouldn't be a penalty if looked at in isolation but if refs blow for fouls for the merest of contact - such as cornered defenders throwing themselves to the ground when the attacker brushes their back (as happened in that game and many others) - then they need to blow for penalties when similar minimal contact occurs in the box. And that's what the referee did. 

Rodgers and Celtic fans hitting out at Shinnie for diving, is not only laughably hypocritical (Sinclair, Brown, Christie, and particularly Lustig being the worst culprits for embellishing contact/theatrics), but misses the point. They should be directing their anger and frustrations towards refs and/or the directives they follow. However given that their team benefits from such decisions more often than not, then I suppose the hypocrisy is understandable.

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I’m not defending anything. Shinnie was pushed and dived ridiculously easily. Let’s take the tinted specs off here or there’s no point debating further. Lustig pushed Shinnie, shinnie then dived. I’m happy to call my teams players out for cheating. I just think it’s funny to see you calling Shinnie a “cheating bastard” in here but have no mention of the ones in your own team, including Scott Brown who did a pretty much identical thing on Wednesday 😂

His forearm brushed him. There was no push. You're the one with the tinted specs here because all the other neutrals are calling it what it was, cheating. Not that it done him any good in the end.

2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Rodgers and Celtic fans hitting out at Shinnie for diving, is not only laughably hypocritical (Sinclair, Brown, Christie, and particularly Lustig being the worst culprits for embellishing contact/theatrics), but misses the point. They should be directing their anger and frustrations towards refs and/or the directives they follow. However given that their team benefits from such decisions more often than not, then I suppose the hypocrisy is understandable.

It's only fair we get the chance to bite back considering all we hear from other fans is how only the big teams get the decisions and how hard done by everyone else is when they play Celtic and Rangers.

It's only fair to give Shinnie tatters after talking about class after the Cup Final. Refusing to shake hands with an opponent as well as diving for a penalty? Shocking!