This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 98 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

9 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I said the same yesterday. Gordon is a great shot stopper (except penalties obviously) but if we insist on having a sweeper keeper*  then it can't be him.

*One for the wanky phrase thread

Agreed, there was one point when he almost fell over the ball in the first half when he was fucking about with it. That could’ve been costly for him, but if that’s how he’s asked to play, then that’s how it will continue to be. 

17 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I said the same yesterday. Gordon is a great shot stopper (except penalties obviously) but if we insist on having a sweeper keeper*  then it can't be him.

*One for the wanky phrase thread

Gordon has a lazy, languid style that encourages opponents to think they can nick it off him. He could do himself a favour by imposing a 5 second or 2 touch rule on himself.

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Gordon has a lazy, languid style that encourages opponents to think they can nick it off him. He could do himself a favour by imposing a 5 second or 2 touch rule on himself.

I would agree. He also needs to stop trying to skin players. That one early in the game yesterday was ridiculous

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Having seen the highlights, I would say there was as much contact for shinnies penalty as there was for Logan’s red card at the end of last season. 

Same goes for the foul on Brown earlier. I'm surprised, well not really surprised at Celtic fans being angry at shinnie. They won the match and they've got a few players who would have gone down just as easily. 

Every team has a "cheating bastard" who goes down easily/dives 

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Can't blame Shinnie for taking the ball into the box past Lustig.

You can however blame Lustig for pushing him if you want.

As I've said, not a stonewaller, but a penalty (by the rules) all the same.

It was Lustig fault for getting caught and then the refs for giving it and I don't blame Shinnie for going down but it's not a penalty. There's seems to be this misconception now that any contact is a foul when that's not the case.

Just now, Mox said:

It was Lustig fault for getting caught and then the refs for giving it and I don't blame Shinnie for going down but it's not a penalty. There's seems to be this misconception now that any contact is a foul when that's not the case.

Hold the fuckin front pages, I.agree with mox. 

Be as well going underground folks, I'm.quite sure Armageddon is coming now👍🏻

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Both Izaguirre and Lustig gave the ref a decision to make.

If Izaguirre doesn't tackle McGinn late, then there's no chance of a penalty.

If Lustig keeps his hands off of Shinnie, then there's no chance of a penalty.

Two soft penalties IMHO, but penalties none the less.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Hold the fuckin front pages, I.agree with mox. 

Be as well going underground folks, I'm.quite sure Armageddon is coming now👍🏻

Is it worse that I agree with you both? 

😁

I don't have much hope for the OF game. Can't see us getting anything from it the way we've been playing. 

8 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Just saw Aberdeen's second penalty award with the benefit of TV for the first time. Looked how it did from the terrace, Shinnie is a cheating bastard.

Not sure if either: 

1. You're on a wind up

2. You are complete blindness to your own team ; or 

3. You're utterly blinkered 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's a blatant dive.

And also a blatant push in the back. 

We also have a fan of Celtic attempting to slate Shinnie, with all the unawareness of a blinkered fan who's never seen brown, tierney, Rogic, Christie, Forrest, Edouard, Sinclair, et al play. 

Ill apologise if SEM wants to call all his own teams players "cheating bastards" too 👍

Edited by Parklife

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is it worse that I agree with you both? 

😁

I don't have much hope for the OF game. Can't see us getting anything from it the way we've been playing. 

🤣🤣🤣

Rangers have to beat Celtic at some point. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

We also have a fan of Celtic attempting to slate Shinnie, with all the unawareness of a blinkered fan who's never seen brown, tierney, Rogic, Christie, Forrest, Edouard, Sinclair, et al play. 

Ill apologise if SEM wants to call all his own teams players "cheating bastards" too 👍

Good luck with that 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

It was a slight nudge, nothing more than that, Shinnie could have easily stayed on his feet.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

It was a slight nudge, nothing more than that, Shinnie could have easily stayed on his feet.

In the good old days when football was a mans game he would have but with today’s contactless game he did what 99% of players would have done & went down when he felt the hand on his back. Just listen to most ex players on tv saying a player was clever dangling a leg out to win a penalty when it’s really cheating. 

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed, there was one point when he almost fell over the ball in the first half when he was fucking about with it. That could’ve been costly for him, but if that’s how he’s asked to play, then that’s how it will continue to be. 

Cunt should be launched into the sun for trying Cruyff turns in his own six yard box.

48 minutes ago, Mox said:

Indeed he could have. 

Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of some Celtic fans and the walloper that is John hartson. 

32 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

In the good old days when football was a mans game he would have but with today’s contactless game he did what 99% of players would have done & went down when he felt the hand on his back. Just listen to most ex players on tv saying a player was clever dangling a leg out to win a penalty when it’s really cheating. 

I agree, as I mentioned previously this misconception that contact equals is a foul has crept in when there is nothing in the rules that says anything of the sort. I don't blame Shinnie one bit, the fault lies with Lustig and Collum.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Indeed he could have. 

Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of some Celtic fans and the walloper that is John hartson. 

We are all hypocrites when it comes to our own teams, that goes with the territory and you're right about Hartson, he's a whopper of the highest order.

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

He twisted his ankle/knee underneath the boys body, you maniac:lol:

Benkovic gave away the corner, but by melodramatically pretending to be fouled :rolleyes: he was ridiculously awarded a free kick.

THAT was the biggest acting job in the game.