This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 93 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Marky said:

But I’m not “Non Rangers fans on here”. You know the people you speak about who say “You should be pumping Dundee”. I’m me and I’ve never said anything like that. So I’ll happily judge Gerard’s comment if that’s ok. Are you seriously suggesting that what the manager of Rangers says in a post match interview on TV should be measured against what some faceless numpties say on a football forum. That has to be one of the weakest Rangers defences you’ve ever put up.

I’ve said it a million times, your a solid poster on here but this isn’t your finest moment. How about giving your own opinion on the point I raise, instead of questioning mine with the use of some of the lamest whataboutery ever.

I'm not saying anything Gerrard says is measured against anyone else. I'm not even defending what he said. Well, not directly anyway. I'm questioning why it annoyed you so much when it sounded like bog standard manager pish to me. 

There's very few managers say anything worth listening to, until they're out of a job, or are just contrary, like Strachan. 

It maybe wasn't worded very well but I didn't think it was intended to be derogatory. Just not the most eloquent version of what he intended. 

I can accept that I may be a bit more defensive/irritable than usual. My patience is thin for the rambling "Huns" posts at the moment as they seem more frequent at the moment. Possibly because folk think there's an outside chance we'll win the league. Personally I don't see it at all, but there certainly seems to be more "bile" than usual. 

6 hours ago, Marky said:

But I’m not “Non Rangers fans on here”. You know the people you speak about who say “You should be pumping Dundee”. I’m me and I’ve never said anything like that. So I’ll happily judge Gerard’s comment if that’s ok. Are you seriously suggesting that what the manager of Rangers says in a post match interview on TV should be measured against what some faceless numpties say on a football forum. That has to be one of the weakest Rangers defences you’ve ever put up.

I’ve said it a million times, your a solid poster on here but this isn’t your finest moment. How about giving your own opinion on the point I raise, instead of questioning mine with the use of some of the lamest whataboutery ever.

Before yesterday we had won 7/8 games  at their ground and drawn the other. Its not showing any lack of respect.

10 hours ago, Marky said:

True. Just because use you can say something doesn’t mean you should. What he said may be right but there was no need to say it. It exhibits a complete lack of self-awareness, respect and class. At the time I could have truthfully observed that a fair proportion of the Rangers away support at their last away game at Tynecastle were fat and ugly. I could have,  and it would have been true, but I didn’t. Because I’m better than that. Unlike Gerrard.

Edited by Pool Q

See Gerrard is saying players shouldn’t be booked for over celebrating. It’s like they want all the rules changed to suit them...

:lol:

I don’t entirely disagree mind you, some of the ones you see are a farce, abd there’s also a lack of consistency.

Morellos from what I saw was slightly unlucky he was probably booked because of the fans coming out the stand as he barely left the pitch, but I’d just book him coming out the tunnel for being a pure dick. 😬

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

See Gerrard is saying players shouldn’t be booked for over celebrating. It’s like they want all the rules changed to suit them...

I don’t entirely disagree mind you, some of the ones you see are a farce, abd there’s also a lack of consistency.

Morellos from what I saw was slightly unlucky he was probably booked because of the fans coming out the stand as he barely left the pitch, but I’d just book him coming out the tunnel for being a pure dick. 😬

He can be as big a dick as he wants as long as he continues to be the best goalscorer in the league! :ok:

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He can be as big a dick as he wants as long as he continues to be the best goalscorer in the league! :ok:

fair point.

It’s still some going when he makes Kyle Lafferty the likeable one of Rangers forward pairing.

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm not saying anything Gerrard says is measured against anyone else. I'm not even defending what he said. Well, not directly anyway. I'm questioning why it annoyed you so much when it sounded like bog standard manager pish to me. 

There's very few managers say anything worth listening to, until they're out of a job, or are just contrary, like Strachan. 

It maybe wasn't worded very well but I didn't think it was intended to be derogatory. Just not the most eloquent version of what he intended. 

I can accept that I may be a bit more defensive/irritable than usual. My patience is thin for the rambling "Huns" posts at the moment as they seem more frequent at the moment. Possibly because folk think there's an outside chance we'll win the league. Personally I don't see it at all, but there certainly seems to be more "bile" than usual. 

I've bolded the bit where I think you have it wrong. I don't think many managers if any would make such an arrogant statement and it's also the answer to why it has annoyed me so much. Really plays to the perceived OF arrogance, although for what it's world I'm convinced Brendan Rogers wouldn't have been daft enough to make such a comment. If people want to say he maybe just worded what he was trying to say badly, then fair enough. It sounded pretty straight forward to me though. I also appear to be the only one bothered about it, so maybe I'm the one in the wrong. :P

7 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Before yesterday we had won 7/8 games  at their ground and drawn the other. Its not showing any lack of respect.

6 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Expecting to win isn't.

Implying you shouldn't have to work all that hard to win is though.

What Cove said.

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

14 minutes ago, Marky said:

I've bolded the bit where I think you have it wrong. I don't think many managers if any would make such an arrogant statement and it's also the answer to why it has annoyed me so much. Really plays to the perceived OF arrogance, although for what it's world I'm convinced Brendan Rogers wouldn't have been daft enough to make such a comment. If people want to say he maybe just worded what he was trying to say badly, then fair enough. It sounded pretty straight forward to me though. I also appear to be the only one bothered about it, so maybe I'm the one in the wrong. :P

I meant to add that for the most part (early days conspiracy buy in pish aside), I've been a fan of Gerrard's interviews. Ironiccaly mostly for their honestly. He strayed over the line on this occasion in my opinion and I'd be very surprised if in retrospect, he didn't agree he'd made a mistake.

Edited by Marky

Naismith's  challenge on the player was a nailed on red. Can't believe he got away with it. CL seems to be losing the plot. I am not sure if he is management material anymore. They should have given the job to the lad at Dundee United.

Edited by EddardStark

13 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Naismith's  challenge on the player was a nailed on red. Can't believe he got away with it. CL seems to be losing the plot. I am not sure if he is management material anymore. They should have given the job to the lad at Dundee United.

TBF didn't see much in anyone of the penalty decisions, including the one given. Also not sure why Aberdeen had the goal disallowed as Ferguson barely impedes the keeper. Don't think C L will be there next season as manager...

13 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

TBF didn't see much in anyone of the penalty decisions, including the one given. Also not sure why Aberdeen had the goal disallowed as Ferguson barely impedes the keeper

He had his arm up.

I felt the call was correct.

14 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Don't think C L will be there next season as manager...

The opposition is hoping he will be.

14 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Naismith's  challenge on the player was a nailed on red. Can't believe he got away with it. 

Especially since he has previous.

13 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

He had his arm up.

I felt the call was correct.

The opposition is hoping he will be.

Especially since he has previous.

Great fixture list today. Scottish football can be better than ever. Hope the dons turn up. Levein i thought could never go lower in my estimation after prague. But revealing the details of a private conversation from a fellow manager. I hope the bastard gets shunned now from all other managers. I thought he shamed scotland by playing with no strikers. Now he has crossed a line. Scotland Forever.

34 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great fixture list today. Scottish football can be better than ever. Hope the dons turn up. Levein i thought could never go lower in my estimation after prague. But revealing the details of a private conversation from a fellow manager. I hope the bastard gets shunned now from all other managers. I thought he shamed scotland by playing with no strikers. Now he has crossed a line. Scotland Forever.

It was actually his version of a private conversation.

I doubt very much that McInnes was crying his eyes out.