This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 92 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell v St Mirren was advertised as better than Christmas shopping.

Fighting over parking spaces and buying groceries we’ll never need looked an enticing proposition during this shitfest.

St Mirren set up not to lose, sat deep and the 1st instance of time wasting was noted 8 minutes in. Motherwell lack any creative players at the moment, so dominated possession without ever getting a sniff at goal.

St Mirren scored with their 1st meaningful attack in over an hour in an all too familiar tale. Motherwell stepped up the attack, but unusually weren’t picked off on the counter. St Mirren turned the time wasting up a notch to Thomas Cerny levels.

Boo!

Wasn’t there, but to be fair to our new manager Stubbs left us in a total mess, he spent all of our budget bringing in total dross.

Its a case of hanging on in there anyway we can until the January window when hopefully OK can bring in some better quality players.

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

Mmmm… so you're a deeply religious person and yet you use the word a derogatory word such as "hun"?

Is this one these sins that Jesus died for?

I'm not religious, but I wouldn't dream about using such a word. Let this be a lesson to you, live life by your own morals, not one set out in a book. (Especially since said book in all murder and incest)

"In 2008, a Celtic fan was convicted of a religiously-aggravated breach of the peace for wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with "dirty horrible huns" on the back."

You're such a fucking gimp man 

You're supposed to try and keep any God-hating comments in 'Anything Goes'.

Mmmm… so you're a deeply religious person...

No, I'm not religious.

Both God and I hate religion.

...and yet you use the word a derogatory word such as "hun"?

It's common knowledge that opposition supporters don't have the nicest names for each other.

Anyway... I was 'piggybacking' on the previous post...

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day, when the Huns come calling and derek decides to stay. 

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Unfortunately our results weren't good when the huns came calling.

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

Is this one these sins that Jesus died for?

Jesus (thankfully) died for all sins (because I'm about as far from perfect as one can get).

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

I'm not religious, but I wouldn't dream about using such a word

It's really not a big deal.

(Dons supporters were given the worst nickname and you don't see me bent out of shape bout it.)

Bit off topic, but watching this game liked the look of the boy Kennedy so went onto Wikipedia for a Swatch and ended up on the St Johnstone wiki and had a wee look through their European record.

According to that they beat Hamburg in the Uefa cup first round in 1970, I've never heard of this in my puff, any of the older troops able to shed any light? Id imagine Hamburg would have been a pretty decent team back then.

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

Bit off topic, but watching this game liked the look of the boy Kennedy so went onto Wikipedia for a Swatch and ended up on the St Johnstone wiki and had a wee look through their European record.

According to that they beat Hamburg in the Uefa cup first round in 1970, I've never heard of this in my puff, any of the older troops able to shed any light? Id imagine Hamburg would have been a pretty decent team back then.

Are you trying to tempt Ormond back after his TAMB suicide? :lol:

St Johnstone had really good record in Europe, as did Dunfermline. I am guessing that you will have heard about Dunfermlines exploits in Europe? 

16 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell v St Mirren was advertised as better than Christmas shopping.

Fighting over parking spaces and buying groceries we’ll never need looked an enticing proposition during this shitfest.

St Mirren set up not to lose, sat deep and the 1st instance of time wasting was noted 8 minutes in. Motherwell lack any creative players at the moment, so dominated possession without ever getting a sniff at goal.

St Mirren scored with their 1st meaningful attack in over an hour in an all too familiar tale. Motherwell stepped up the attack, but unusually weren’t picked off on the counter. St Mirren turned the time wasting up a notch to Thomas Cerny levels.

Boo!

Ye hurtin’ pal aye. 😂

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Are you trying to tempt Ormond back after his TAMB suicide? :lol:

St Johnstone had really good record in Europe, as did Dunfermline. I am guessing that you will have heard about Dunfermlines exploits in Europe? 

And what about Dundee, and Kilmarnock.... 

40 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The only thing hurting was my eyes!

:lol:

Between us we’d get football stopped.

St Mirren had a game plan and executed it, we were dreadful.

Ha ha. I’m gonnae hazard a wild guess that if you’d watched exactly the same match, but it had been Motherwell that won 1-0, you wouldn’t have made that post. 😂

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Ha ha. I’m gonnae hazard a wild guess that if you’d watched exactly the same match, but it had been Motherwell that won 1-0, you wouldn’t have made that post. 😂

I wouldn’t have cared so much about the entertainment value, but Stephen Robinsons “style” is horrific!

If it’s getting results you can turn a blind eye, but the fans are quick to turn as soon as we lose because when it’s bad, it’s awful!

(reads like one of those bullshit twitter posts, but someone asked my 5 year old who had been the best team, he said “nobody” :lol: )

33 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I wouldn’t have cared so much about the entertainment value, but Stephen Robinsons “style” is horrific!

If it’s getting results you can turn a blind eye, but the fans are quick to turn as soon as we lose because when it’s bad, it’s awful!

(reads like one of those bullshit twitter posts, but someone asked my 5 year old who had been the best team, he said “nobody” :lol: )

Smart lad. 😁

Anyone hear that arrogant prick Gerard’s post match comments?

“We shouldn't have to work that hard to win at places like this, with all due respect."

What an utter cock. Never have the words, with all due respect been so inappropriate. 

Edited by Marky

18 minutes ago, Marky said:

“We shouldn't have to work that hard to win at places like this, with all due respect."

What an utter cock. Never have the words, with all due respect been so inappropriate. 

We should be winning a places like today. He is being honest. The disparity in budget and ability is there to see. He also referenced we could have been 2 down before we got into the game. I don't see a problem with what he said. 

Anyway on the I had a treble today with Rangers, Leeds and Spurs. £5  paid out £50 including stake :-)

Edited by EddardStark

46 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

We should be winning a places like today. He is being honest. The disparity in budget and ability is there to see. He also referenced we could have been 2 down before we got into the game. I don't see a problem with what he said. 

Anyway on the I had a treble today with Rangers, Leeds and Spurs. £5  paid out £50 including stake 🙂

I wouldn’t expect you to disagree with his comments. 

14 minutes ago, Marky said:

Oh I better change my mind then.

No. Fitba is about opinions. Supporters are precious and fans and pundits hang on the every word of stevie g. Comes with the territory. He jas big enough shoulders for the job. 1 point behind the invincibles at xmas isnt too bad. Looking forward to 29th. The eyes of the world will be holding their breath. Exciting stuff.

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Why does it bother you? Seriously? 

It's exactly the sort of statement non Rangers fans on here come away with. The old" You should be pumping Dundee" etc. 

It's Banter when you lot do it but outrageous arrogance when Gerrard says it? 

Sounds like you were going to take offence no matter what was said. 

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Chris sutton agreed with them too 🙋

Chris Sutton is an arrogant prick too.

:lol:

Ive seen the interview, he said it twice and if you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he could’ve been trying to say the opposite.... (hear me out)

You can’t turn up at “places like this” and give 80% or you’ll be 2-0 down before you know it.

If you take it word for word though it sounds like people are inferring.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why does it bother you? Seriously? 

It's exactly the sort of statement non Rangers fans on here come away with. The old" You should be pumping Dundee" etc. 

It's Banter when you lot do it but outrageous arrogance when Gerrard says it? 

Sounds like you were going to take offence no matter what was said. 

But I’m not “Non Rangers fans on here”. You know the people you speak about who say “You should be pumping Dundee”. I’m me and I’ve never said anything like that. So I’ll happily judge Gerard’s comment if that’s ok. Are you seriously suggesting that what the manager of Rangers says in a post match interview on TV should be measured against what some faceless numpties say on a football forum. That has to be one of the weakest Rangers defences you’ve ever put up.

I’ve said it a million times, your a solid poster on here but this isn’t your finest moment. How about giving your own opinion on the point I raise, instead of questioning mine with the use of some of the lamest whataboutery ever.