This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 88 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

A win tonight for The Dandies would move them within a point of the top.

Haven't lost to Dundee since 2004.

(Still nervous, like.)

Our back four are going to need a break, but can't see one coming any time soon.

Must’ve put together a good run, they were about 8th a few weeks ago.

Having said that there’s not a lot separating the top 8. Gap’s bigger from Hibs (8th) to Motherwell (9th).

Cant say it’s not competitive!

Hoping Motherwell can squeeze a bit closer to the top 8th and pull away from the bottom 3.

Celtic at Parkhead tomorrow, so not particularly optimistic, they are a different proposition at Parkhead!

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

More money than sense if you buy a season ticket then pick and choose your games.

:lol:

Celtic have something called the home cup ticket scheme that gives you priority for finals if you commit to an automatic direct debit coming out regardless of who we play.

There's people on our bus who join it and don't go to the matches in the lead up to the final (unless it's against the Huns, obviously). As you say, more money than sense. Fuck that.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

More money than sense if you buy a season ticket then pick and choose your games.

For the last 3 seasons I had my ticket, 54 games, I'd have been lucky if I went to 10 (in total, not each season).  Not so much to do with not being able to get to games but the football being so mind crushingly boring that I had no motivation to go.  Kept telling myself each season was the last and then I'd go to a game towards the end of the season, have a cracking day out and trick myself in to thinking next year would be better and I'd renew again!  All in all I think I was trying to wean myself off it for about 7 years until I finally kicked the habit!

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They'll disappear soon enough.

The way Celtic do away tickets is 100% bang on.

I would agree. And I say that as someone who had to start again after missing virtually a full season of aways in 2013 

Edit: and as someone who wouldn't ever qualify for a ticket for any big euro away game because I simply don't go to them any more. Won't start saying it isn't fair or the rules need changed 

Edited by Scotland Ever More

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The way Celtic do away tickets is 100% bang on.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I would agree. And I say that as someone who had to start again after missing virtually a full season of aways in 2013 

Edit: and as someone who wouldn't ever qualify for a ticket for any big euro away game because I simply don't go to them any more. Won't start saying it isn't fair or the rules need changed 

I like Hibs system. 😛 

(A Hibs fan can maybe confirm, but I believe they have pretty much no system and just have a free for all for big games.)

There’s no perfect system, as I’m sure countless threads in TA specific will testify and they all have their quirks or anomalies, but as long as they prioritise those who go week in week out, those that don’t can’t really complain (but will anyway! 🙄

Motherwell don’t need a system, but they just go season ticket/‘well society members first, then everyone else on database after, but usually you can buy more than 1 ticket per season book, so you just need to know a season ticket holder to get a ticket for any game.

4 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You would think so, but it's not always the case. If some people have a season book and can maybe only commit to one or two a month then they're always going to prioritise games. Especially around this time.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You would think so, but it's not always the case. If some people have a season book and can maybe only commit to one or two a month then they're always going to prioritise games. Especially around this time.

Bought an Aberdeen season ticket for years knowing I’d miss at least half the games due to my shift pattern then they brought in the stand free membership where you paid £10 to join but didn’t get a designated seat, still got priority & discount on tickets, you picked which seat you wanted out of what was available, great system 👍

13 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Bought an Aberdeen season ticket for years knowing I’d miss at least half the games due to my shift pattern then they brought in the stand free membership where you paid £10 to join but didn’t get a designated seat, still got priority & discount on tickets, you picked which seat you wanted out of what was available, great system 👍

Absolutely. Had read about it and it's something that I feel clubs could really gain from, as well as the supporters. Good on them for it.

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I really fancy Well to take something tonight. 

Could get 22/1 last night with Ladbrokes. Down to 18/1 now.

I’ve seen worse ‘well sides play better Celtic sides and win. If it’s the Celtic that played at Fir Park and Easter road we have a chance, provided it’s not the Motherwell that capitulated at Ibrox. 

Motherwell will be rotating the squad a bit tonight, so chance to stake a claim or put themselves in shop window for January for some of our 15 central midfielders.

7 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Not a fucking chance we are dropping points tonight. Celtic by two at least, the phoenix club to lose at Hibs and natural order to be restored once again :10:

I agree on Celtic. I think they'll win by a couple but I have no idea how we'll get on at Hibs. Both teams appear to have random form and so I'd not be surprised by anything other than a 0-0.