This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 84 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Well done the Saintees.

Not looking good for Aberdeen.

Two tough games in Glasgow, then claiming fatigue with another six games to go in December.

Poor Summer signings not giving McInnes a squad rotation that he is comfortable with.

This month will define our season, and even a positive January window might be too little, too late.

The next part of the schedule is doable for a run (but that could just be glass half full from me).

7 hours ago, ger intae them said:

What do you get out of the posting of shite posted by twats?

Confirmation that some knuckle dragging twats post shite?

Well done.

And yet you didn't have a problem when it was Hearts and Aberdeen fans getting shown up for their racism. 

I wonder why that is GER intae them?

It’s a bizarre quirk of the tribalism of football.

Appears on social media loads of fans of other teams jumping on the alleged racist Hearts fans, whilst Hearts fans try and refute the claims demanding to see the video evidence.

Lets be honest, it could happen at any ground, I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised it wasn’t Motherwell fans abusing our own player.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Well that never went to plan!

Celtic would have taken 4 or 5 off any team in the league based on that performance.

Just lucky it was only 5:unsure: To be fair, I'd hazard a guess that won't happen to Kilmarnock again this season. Just need to get back on the horse and beating teams you're expected to beat.

9 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Just lucky it was only 5:unsure: To be fair, I'd hazard a guess that won't happen to Kilmarnock again this season. Just need to get back on the horse and beating teams you're expected to beat.

Aye we were lucky to get away with 5. I'd have bitten your hand off for 5-1 at half time.

Still, the team got backed for the full 90 mins as everyone knew that Celtic were unplayable. Suppose that goes with the territory, Celtic were bang up for it, whereas in the past it's just been a run of the mill game.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Still, the team got backed for the full 90 mins as everyone knew that Celtic were unplayable. Suppose that goes with the territory, Celtic were bang up for it, whereas in the past it's just been a run of the mill game.

Noticed this. A much better support than Hearts who fucked off early. Could hear KTID getting sung after the 5th.

Lets get this back  to the top and away from all 'The Might 'Pish thats top at the mo.......

Aberdeen to win Tonight? 

or will Livvy spoil their day as they have done to many other teams this year...

I think the Dons will do it as they will be smarting after losing to ST Jay at the weekend.....

Edited by stocky

34 minutes ago, faircity said:

Craig Thomson at it again. A truly horrendous referee, booked Cosgrove for a dive when it was a clear penalty kick. 

I didn’t manage the game tonight as it’s my step daughters 18th birthday (she didn’t want to spend it there) for some bizarre fucking reason, defo her mother’s daughter. 

Anyway, the radio seemed to think it was a foul, but outside the box. My mate said the same, but more at the game thought it was a pen. 

In conclusion, I’ll have to see it myself 😂

Guest faircity
52 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I didn’t manage the game tonight as it’s my step daughters 18th birthday (she didn’t want to spend it there) for some bizarre fucking reason, defo her mother’s daughter. 

Anyway, the radio seemed to think it was a foul, but outside the box. My mate said the same, but more at the game thought it was a pen. 

I was working so only managed to see the second half, on reflection it might just have been outside, but the guy clearly stood on his foot as he was going clean through on goal. 

If the ref thought it was a dive then the yellow was correct, but Thomson wasn't that far away and if he couldn't see the contact then he needs taking out the back of the stand and shot. 

8 hours ago, faircity said:

Craig Thomson at it again. A truly horrendous referee, booked Cosgrove for a dive when it was a clear penalty kick. 

Looked a pen to us. We were pissed off when we saw the yellow card come out because we thought the Livvy defender should be getting a red. Utter disbelief when we realised the card was for Cosgrove. This incident aside, Thomson was a total joke.

Dons were excellent in the second half - tempo, heart and endeavour. McLennan was superb and changed the game. May was really unlucky - been one of his biggest critics but he looked sharp last night and played well. McKenna was outstanding. We have to keep Lowe, different class. 

Guest faircity

Really like Lowe, some engine on him too. Seems to be enjoying his football up here so fingers crossed his deal it extended. 

McLellan looked good in the final I thought and again last night.  Time to say thanks but no thanks to Wright, he's just not good enough. 

Pretty bizarre for as rank rotten as Aberdeen have been, they are right on the coat tails of Rangers, Hearts, Saints and Brazil 1970. 

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Outside the box but definitely a foul, Dallas thinks that’s a penalty 😜

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Dons were excellent in the second half - tempo, heart and endeavour. McLennan was superb and changed the game. May was really unlucky - been one of his biggest critics but he looked sharp last night and played well. McKenna was outstanding. We have to keep Lowe, different class. 

2 left backs at Derby out injured, Forsyth and Olson, for most of the season which leaves 1 fit one, Scott Malone.

There's rumours Ashley Cole might join in January, but if he doesn't theres a chance Max's loan wont be extended. 

Are Celtic taking these tickets for Ibrox?

Rumours on Twitter they want a net around their fans/bussed in an hour early to protect them! Fuck sake, it's Ibrox not fucking River Plate!

Hibs were literally boxing on the oitch at Hampden boxing with Rangers after owning them at Hampden and never asked for any of that shite!