This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 83 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

18 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

A i understand it - even under freedom of contract,  prior club holds registration until such time as new club follows formalities of registration 

Anyways - why they not giving him a game  ?  I forgot he had even signed for Celtic, and had to look up wiki to see he only has plated 1 game 

Think that's a question only BR can answer. Don't think he should replace any of the players Rogers will pick in European games. SPL maybe.

He was only ever going to be a squad player at best.

Edited by Lairdyfaeinverclyde

2 Hearts fans arrested for racially abusing Motherwell player today as well as the moron from last week and his video of him shouting racist abuse at Celtic's Sinclair. 

Just further evidence of the poisonous effects of Brexit/Trump and the rise of the right wing or have these fuckwits always been there but were quietly awaiting their chance? 

Scumbags either way. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

2 Hearts fans arrested for racially abusing Motherwell player today as well as the moron from last week and his video of him shouting racist abuse at Celtic's Sinclair. 

Just further evidence of the poisonous effects of Brexit/Trump and the rise of the right wing or have these fuckwits always been there but were quietly awaiting their chance? 

Scumbags either way. 

It has never gone away and unfortunately it never will.

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Scumbags either way. 

They’ve always been there, it’s just the case of social media can highlight it a lot more (in last weeks case anyway), I can’t comment on today’s incident as this is the first I’ve heard of it. 

Good to hear though, hopefully that will make people think twice next time. 

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Scumbags either way. 

Definitely Trump and Brexits fault. Israel wont be blameless either 

#israelbad

Cunts will be cunts regardless of whose in power thousands of miles away

20 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

#israelbad

eh?! You should change your username to UpIsraelsArse

38 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

#israelbad

Don't think you're getting what I mean. Probably my fault for a pish explanation. 

It's like there's an excuse or it's OK to be a racist scumbag because they see people like them in positions of power. 

Does that help explain it a bit better? 

They've always been there but it's like they've come out of the cunt closet, so to speak. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

They’ve always been there, it’s just the case of social media can highlight it a lot more (in last weeks case anyway), I can’t comment on today’s incident as this is the first I’ve heard of it. 

Good to hear though, hopefully that will make people think twice next time. 

Totally agree about social media. Everything is filmed these days so hopefully more and more of them are outed and banned. 

When we play how we can no one in Scotland can touch us and with the resources we have that's how it should be. That said, we were excellent today.

The Killie fans optimism made a pleasant change from the whining of the shepherds on here. 👍

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

#israelbad

Brilliant article today in the Scotsman about Ally Brasil mate. He was my assistant mangager a long time ago.  Works with Lothian buses now.  Great guy.

Aberdeen fans blaming their own team. When, in fact, the young Scottish defender, overlooked for U21, overlooked for the big team, just because he plays for Saints, was again a major part of yet another St J clean sheet. Soon he'll be signed by by a more 'SFA friendly' club and be in the squad immediatly.

5 hours ago, morrie21 said:

what's the low down on this? You watching this instead of Lomachenko?

I'll get a hold of the Lomachenko fight later, I thought he would win easily. So best to sit down and enjoy the performance later.

Holloway was fighting his most dangerous opponent (or so they were saying) so wanted to watch it as more chance of being competitive.

9 hours ago, Capital Saint said:

Aberdeen fans blaming their own team. When, in fact, the young Scottish defender, overlooked for U21, overlooked for the big team, just because he plays for Saints, was again a major part of yet another St J clean sheet. Soon he'll be signed by by a more 'SFA friendly' club and be in the squad immediatly.

If you think anything but Aberdeen’s inability to play anything more than utter pish contributed to this defeat, them you’re wrong. The defence had very little to do the whole game, so to say a defender had a major influence on it is strange. 

Im sure if he’s good enough, he’ll get a call up, just ask killie fans. Scotland has a lot of strong options in defence and there’s a fair chance the centre half position is down to 3-4 players now and he ain’t better than Tierney or Robertson, so where would he fit in?

Regarding the racial abuse incident at Tynecastle, deeply depressing in this day and age, I hope the club ban any and all responsible for life and the police prosecute them too. Few enough in number, but it has been getting worse over the last couple of seasons and the club need to stamp on it as hard as it can.

On the pitch, awful game decent result. We are desperately missing Ikpeazu and Naismith, just limping through to the winter break and January transfer window. Never felt like Motherwell would score (haven’t seen replay of the offside ‘goal’ early on), but it was a game we would have had comfortably put to bed had we any sort of option up front