This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 81 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cannot fucking wait for the game on Saturday.

Chances of a result are slim as always but just going there as league leaders in December is dreamland stuff.

Thank fuck I got my ticket last week as there's a queue at the ticket office just now.

Killie have the best away record in the league ....... 

Home form not as good

Rogers yet to beat Clark.....

T.O.T.L.

Prob a 3-0 home defeat then...😏

24 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Read on Twitter that since Clarke took over at Kilmarnock, he'd be 3 points behind Celtic? I know Rodgers is yet to get the better of him. Obviously he'd have the chance to equal that points tally on Saturday if Kilmarnock to win. That is absolutely wild if true. Keep waiting for them to drop off a little, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Incredible job he's done so far.

Aye, we've more points than Celtic this calendar year but since he took over 14 months ago Rodgers is 3 points ahead.

Of our starting 11 last night, only 2 of them are Clarke signings (Stewart & Bachmann the keeper). Rest were there under McCulloch.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, we've more points than Celtic this calendar year but since he took over 14 months ago Rodgers is 3 points ahead.

Of our starting 11 last night, only 2 of them are Clarke signings (Stewart & Bachmann the keeper). Rest were there under McCulloch.

Incredible. Rodgers really needs to get one over on Clarke for the first time on Saturday then. We'll certainly have our work cut out for us.

Sinclair is an utter shitebag which doesn’t help his case when he’s not doing it at the other end of the park.

The depth of Celtic’s squad relative to everyone else is ridiculous, they made changes last night, but it’s not like they are throwing in kids, and they still have players they’ve hoovered up like Morgan and Allen not even mentioned.

Motherwell on the other hand are bringing on a 20 year old left back with zero league starts 15 minutes in.

Not a bad way to bounce back from a cup final defeat... 

Been on the wrong end of yet more shocking refereeing decisions and still winning makes it all the better. 

Rangers truly are a team of utter thugs. Although i guess that's what happens when you employ one as your manager. 

28 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell on the other hand are bringing on a 20 year old left back with zero league starts 15 minutes in.

At least you'll get more effort and heart from a player like that than from Sinclair. The boys you're bringing in are playing for a shirt and a future career. Folk like Sinclair are swanning on looking disinterested and annoyed as they've been dropped.

I realise you'd rather have known quality coming on, but quality without application means bugger all sadly.

OPINION

"Stewart is spot on here. If anything, it was a foul on Cosgrove, who beat Goldson to the ball and got booted on the bottom of his foot. In real-time though you can understand why McLean gave the Aberdeen player the yellow card because he was the more aggressive one going into the challenge. However looking at replays you can clearly see Goldson did not win the ball and was the player who gave away the foul. It is pretty clear that referees need help. VAR will be in the Premier League next season, so why aren’t the Scottish FA pressing for it to be introduced north of the border as well? We saw at the World Cup that when used correctly it can be an effective way of helping referees. At the moment, the SFA have no plans to implement it into the Scottish Premiership, which is a huge shame. They must be deluded if they think the level of mistakes in Scotland are not that bad. This season the standard of refereeing has been at an all-time low."

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/michael-stewart-slams-referee-in-rangers-defeat-to-aberdeen/  

24 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

They must be deluded if they think the level of mistakes in Scotland are not that bad. This season the standard of refereeing has been at an all-time low."

Not seen any of the game so can’t comment on that however this bit is absolutely spot on. 

17 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No need. (I trust you.)

Pint on me when we meet. :wink2:

Thanks Scotty. £20 donated to TASA, although it took me longer than expected as I missed the My Donate page and went round the houses on the TASA site. ☹️

Who said IT folk were even remotely tech savvy. 😉